I'm not...

colterphoto1

hey michael,

i'm new to this lonliness thing...so bleeding, catching fire kinda sounds interesting. (i'm a 48 year old guy eating fast food and watching Leave it to Beaver). sadly, the hair on the top of my head went on strike a few years ago.

oops, my apologies...this thread IS NOT about me!

not sure how your day has went; but, i'm sure you'll end up just fine.

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend Gilligan's Island over Leave It To Beaver. No CATV here either and our antenna is shot and the rotor never has worked. The good news is, a couple of stations come in better using the DTV converter box (yep, old TVs also). The bad news is a couple don't come in at all due to direction of the DTV signal I think.

I think yesterday you were listening to some Joe Cocker in your new shop / man cave ... thought A Little Help From My Friends seemed fitting... cause mang, you do have some very good friends. Give 'em a call if you're feeling a little down I'm sure they wouldn't mind hearing from ya. And Mark's right mang, compared to most of the world you're doing alright. Hang in there buddy.

Joe Cocker - A Little Help From My Friends

http://www.lyrics007.com/Joe%20Cocker%20Lyrics/A%20Little%20Help%20From%20My%20Friends%20Lyrics.html

What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

What do I do when my love is away
(Does it worry you to be alone?)
How do I feel by the end of the day,
(Are you sad because you're on your own?)

No, I get by with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody
I need somebody to love
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love.

Would you believe in a love at first sight
Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time
What do you see when you turn out the light
I can't tell you but I know it's mine,

Do you need anybody
I just need someone to love
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love.

with a little help from my friends.

• Moderators

Monty Python fun, but over and over would get rough. You live close enough to the city check into an hd over the air antenna, you have the tv it may give you some more channels or at least a better pic on the local ones.

Michael,

I have a story that will make you feel better!

I just found out my 64 year old uncle, married almost 30 years, has been having an on-line/telephone affair for 6 years with an extremely wealthy woman he's known all his life but hasn't seen in 30 years. She divorced a few years ago and they've been making plans to run away together to South America to do charity work (so he says - he speaks fluent Spanish). On Sept 11, he finally told his wife (a very nice lady) he was leaving her. He waited this long so the kids would be finished college and out on their own. Two weeks after shocking his wife with the news, the woman he was to run away with has some sort of accident and loses her memory. She gets home from the hospital and sees his name and number and calls. After hours on the phone explaining who he is and what their plans were, they hang up for the evening. He almost has her convinced. Next night he calls again and she doesn't even remember the prior conversation from the night before since her short-term memory is also shot.

Although he hasn't completely given up hope, he now rents a room in a house across town from his soon-to-be ex and his kids are not speaking to him. For now his life is in ruins. I asked him if he thought this was God's way of punishing him for leaving his wife this way. He told me yes, if he believed in God he's sure that would be the case.

I'm not making this up folks. I've seen more than one movie with a similar plot. This is way better because it's true.

I'm not making this up folks. I've seen more than one movie with a similar plot. This is way better because it's true.

Sometimes I think if Hollywood would simply tell true stories, they'd put out a much more interesting product than much of what they are currently putting out. That is definately some bad karma for this guy.

OR on the other hand...thats what he gets for being a good guy and sticking with his wife as long as he did.......he could have followed his heart 6 years earlier and ran off with his long lost love....but instead he choose to be noble and stick around for the benefit of the kids.

Carpe Diam!!!!

boy I can be a real schmuck, can't I ???

Just remember, being lonely and being alone ain't the same thing.

I've got five kids, three of them that still like to scream alot -- I MISS BEING ALONE!

Between work, our boys, and me studying to make E6, alone time is not a luxury in my life right now. But I test in march, so after that I should have some alone time back!!!