Jubilee and passive networks - long and possibly inflammatory

greg928gts

edwinr

what is missing in most of everyone's history of the jubilee and why it is handled the way it is, is this: klipsch quit pursuing the jub as an official project with the passing of Paul. it was never to see the light of day since no one in sales ever saw it being sold like our other lines. that was understandable. what is almost always lost in the translation, truth morphed into tales, and just good ole confusion because the preverted myths are almost more interesteing than the boring truth is that some people really wanted a jub. as paul allowed us to market the lf cabinet in cinema, i mistakenly, in retrospect, piped up that if they really wanted a jub, really really wanted a jub than it could be possible. from that perspective, i, along with others, get preturbed when people make comments without knowing the whole story. the jub, as it is, will always be the only way to get it. and people will just have to suck it and accepted it.....or not........and continue the mindless rants.....

take care,

roy

Thanks for posting that, Roy. You've offered some interesting insight into the whole Jubilee thing. I didn't know Klipsch were letting the Jubilee go as a project. Wow! That was brave of you to make that offer...

You have to respect though, my desire that the Jubilee should be in the Klipsch product line. You will note that my comments have been supportive of this desire and I was thinking how nice i would be to have more money allocated to this end. But the current economic climate isn't helping.

Also I hope I wasn't ranting. Just asking questions and making some suggestions about what I would like to see happen with something I would maybe like to upgrade to in the future...

Oh well. Maybe the Palladium is the way to go.

Have a really Happy New Year everyone...

Kind regards,

Edwin.

i respect the desire to see the jub come on a full product. i hope that you also understand that i wanted it more than anyone other than paul but that is just not going to happen.

i knew that you weren't ranting. questions and comments like yours are sensible and very welcomed. it's the others that take half truths and build on that; that can be amusing.

pals are a great speaker. if you ever want to get into the jub experiment, just let me know and i will try to point you in the right direction and with everything that you would need to experience the jub.

here's hoping that you had a great Christmas and will have a great New Year's.

take care,

roy

• Like 1

Thanks Roy. I put the below P.S. in as an edit on my post then I saw your new post:

(P.S. But in saying all of the above, greg928gts and Roy have got me
thinking... If the current Jubilee is so customizible (sorry!) then
maybe those with say a pair of Belles or Cornwalls could use their mid
and treble horns on top of the Jubilee bass horn with a suitable
passive crossover as an upgrade option, rather than selling their
beloved speakers and losing lots of money. Hmmmm....)

You have to excuse my ignorance with my silly questions, but it is very kind of you to respond in such a fashion. Thanks for your offer. I will certainly give it some serious thought.

Edwin.

" i mistakenly, in retrospect"

You ok Roy? I hope this was just in the heat of the battle. We're happy to part of the grass roots movement, even if it doesn't take hold.

Makes one wonder what the long term outlook for Klipsch Professional Cinema gear is.

Michael

• Moderators

No they are workshop speakers, the ones going in the living room are twice that size ! [Y] they will be in there with the other 8 Klipsch, but the last ones are my wifes idea. [:D]

I don't know what you Klipschheads have been smokin' in your ******* Klipschpipes, but when I was at BestBuy on Saturday, I asked the clerk (Bret) if he could order the Jubilees. He said there is no such model. I told him that I read about it on the internet. He said not to trust the internet and that there are all kinds of fake things. He said he saw a photo of O.J. playing golf with Mark Fuhrman. He said the Jubilee was probably Photoshopped because there was no such thing, guaranteed. I told him that you guys were pretty convincing and he got the manager, who was kind of a prick about it, and he said that Klipsch sells through BestBuy and they should know. I guess if you guys are making this up (April Fool's Day early???) that you'll still keep the joke going, so . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't know what you Klipschheads have
been smokin' in your *** Klipschpipes, but when I was at BestBuy on
Saturday, I asked the clerk (Bret) if he could order the Jubilees. He said there is no such model.
I told him that I read about it on the internet. He said not to trust
the internet and that there are all kinds of fake things. He said he
saw a photo of O.J. playing golf with Mark Fuhrman. He said the Jubilee
was probably Photoshopped because there was no such thing, guaranteed.
I told him that you guys were pretty convincing and he got the manager,
who was kind of a *** about it, and he said that Klipsch sells through
BestBuy and they should know. I guess if you guys are making this up
(April Fool's Day early???) that you'll still keep the joke going, so .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Try asking Best Buy
about the Palladium, or RF-83, or THX Ultra2 system....might be
interesting to hear the response as there is no way that these lines
are carried in Best Buy:

http://www.klipsch.com/palladium/PalladiumFamily.html

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/thx-ultra2.aspx

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-83-home-theater-system.aspx

And just for reference, here's the Klipsch Cinema version of the Jubilee:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kpt-jubilee-535.aspx

The home version is a custom order through Roy, which involves modifications to make it a 2-way like PWK intended.

Most of the Klipsch speakers Best Buy carries were a more or less bottom of the line series specifically designed for them, nowhere NEAR the best the company makes or has made. Best Buy is a major marketer within the USA, which Klipsch has utilized to gain more brand recognition among the rank and file audio buyers, plain and simple. Just ask them about the K-horn; most of them will tell you it hasn't been in production for many years.

Realize that Doc Who is the largest perpetrator of the hoax here. He's college educated, has some kind of fancy degree in computers (which means he's killer at photoshop) and can talk a big story.

I'm sure that manager knew what he was talking about.