SSCTROJAN... Jub production pics

Even though Klipsch has chosen to not protect it with a patent, I don't think you should call it "Jubilee" or "Jubilee clone". If you didn't get the plans from Klipsch or from Valerie Klipsch, then it's highly unlikely that you're building an exact copy. Now, that doesn't mean that what you're building isn't a quality product, but you can't call it a "clone" unless it's an exact copy, and you shouldn't use the Jubilee name on ethical grounds. Give it a name of your own choosing and say it's based on the Jubilee design. I have to say, if I had the money right now I would go for it, it's almost a no-brainer. I am curious as to what plans you used.

Another thing you might want to change in your ad is the msrp you give for a pair of Jubilees. As a former Jubilee owner, I can tell you that the bass bins are $4800 shipped.

Dean. I believe he used my plans. I made it aware to him and this thread that the plans was a bass horn plan derived from the AES article in combo with bass horn principles. So it is close to the Jubilee but not intented to be a copy. This is why "jublike" or "like a jubilee".

Those bass bins sound good and worth having

...I have contemplated building them again. But heck, I cant make them that pretty, in that amount of time, for that money. If I didn't have bass horns in my house already.....I would consider getting them and putting those kappalites in there vs the K31's.

jc

The first one I think took 3 1/2 weeks without painting or any finishing. The second one......I think just over 2 weeks.

Back then......had only one child that went to bed super early at night. Also my call schedule was temporarily weak at the time and I had one day off a week.

Those days are over. I have about 30-45" at best at night to work on stuff. A lot of this won't necessarily go toward speaker building anymore or building networks. I might be building a computer or some task my wife needs me to get done.

I get about one 3-4 hour period on a weekend per month to big tasks on a big speaker. I have currently been working on a pair of bass horns for a year now. Back in the day....I would have had these cranked out in 1 1/2 months.

jc

I had JC's original pair of whatever you want to call the things. I ran an A/B test with one of them vs. my MWM setup, both using the K402/TAD top sections. The whatever you call them definitely played lower than the MWMs and had very good powerful bass. It was reminiscent of a test I was present for where a real Jub and MWM were A/B'd. The day I did my test was the day I sold the whatever you call them. I had never tried that before and realized just how darn good the whatever you call them really were. There was also another forum member present during the test at my house who could share his own opinions.......Seti. Basically, although I am guessing really I bet one would be hard pressed to hear a difference in the JC version from the real thing. I'm aware of the differences in dimensions and it is less than 1/4" from the real thing in just a couple of places purposefully done mathematically with scientific intentions. It was not some mistake or copy attempt. It was a slightly different design approach that simply ended up very close dimensionally and soundwise as well.

I can tell you that I have the MWM setup ONLY because I could not afford the Jub bass bins at the time and now have come to love the setup I have. The Jub bins sound better overall for 2-way IMHO.......bottom line. At some point I will definitely be purchasing a pair of the Jub bins.

Point being..........there is a very good chance these whatever you call them will sound excellent.

I'm aware of the differences in dimensions and it is less than 1/4" from the real thing in just a couple of places purposefully done mathematically with scientific intentions. It was not some mistake or copy attempt. It was a slightly different design approach that simply ended up very close dimensionally and soundwise as well.

Mark. Thanks for that statement. That was a good way to put it.

That design.......folks here can do with it what they want to. It is a good sounding bass horn that came from a forum project here. Derived from papers and opinions here.

What you want to call it or what you want to do with it........is up the individual.

jc

I had JC's original pair of whatever you want to call the things. I ran an A/B test with one of them vs. my MWM setup, both using the K402/TAD top sections. The whatever you call them definitely played lower than the MWMs and had very good powerful bass. It was reminiscent of a test I was present for where a real Jub and MWM were A/B'd. The day I did my test was the day I sold the whatever you call them. I had never tried that before and realized just how darn good the whatever you call them really were. There was also another forum member present during the test at my house who could share his own opinions.......Seti. Basically, although I am guessing really I bet one would be hard pressed to hear a difference in the JC version from the real thing.

IMG_0397.JPG

The A/B was very interesting. Perhaps a blind test would have been more appropriate. The MWM's are really big especially with the 402 on top. I could have been happy with either : ) I'd love to hear them again after you made changes to room etc. For me the real fun of that day was going from La Scala to JubClone to MWM/402 and then doing that a few times. I think Klipsch folded bass horns are real genius and that is what sets them apart from the competition. Made in Hope : )

so are these what ever you call its and mwms good for none corner situtations. just asking not meaning to hijack anything here, if you want we can start whole new post.

duder

by the way everything looks real cool and I bet sounds awesome I hope some day I get to hear for my self.

I think I figured out what is wrong with my sound, I forgot to add the giant monkey room treatment.

Yes, the always-effective GMT or giant monkey treatment. Once you've heard the difference it makes, you'll think the Clever Little Clock and the magic pebbles are total scams.

To all........I am sorry to say that the giant monkey room treatment has faded into history. I have made numerous changes to the room and equipment placement.......and Mr. Monkey ended up at the Good Will trailer at our local Lowes. Hopefully, someone is enjoying Mr. Monkey as much as I did.

As a memorial here is an old picture of Mr. Monkey in his prime.

post-12535-13819498722858_thumb.jpg

so are these what ever you call its and mwms good for none corner situtations. just asking not meaning to hijack anything here, if you want we can start whole new post.

duder

by the way everything looks real cool and I bet sounds awesome I hope some day I get to hear for my self.

right. no corners required

I think the jubelike corner horns need to go in the corner or maybe turned and pulled out 6" at best. You could pull out more....will sound fine but will lose some low end. My opinion...OK.

The MWM's...well...those can be put in the middle of the yard and do just fine :)

jc

The MWM's...well...those can be put in the middle of the yard and do just fine :)

jc

this may be what I need to do in my new neighbor hood next 4th of July when I play Jimi's version of the Star Spangled Banner. @ 6:00 a.m.

this may be what I need to do in my new neighbor hood next 4th of July when I play Jimi's version of the Star Spangled Banner. @ 6:00 a.m.

Many years ago I lived in half of a duplex. The other half was occupied by a couple of college kids who played loud music at all hours. I finally got them to quit by borrowing an EV P3000 amp from work (1300W/channel @ 4 Ohms) and playing Inna Gadda da Vida through my Legacy Focus (96 dB SPL @ 1W). Afterward I knocked on their door, and when they answered I said, "If you want to have stereo wars, you are seriously outgunned."

Many years ago I lived in half of a duplex. The other half was occupied by a couple of college kids who played loud music at all hours. I finally got them to quit by borrowing an EV P3000 amp from work (1300W/channel @ 4 Ohms) and playing Inna Gadda da Vida through my Legacy Focus (96 dB SPL @ 1W). Afterward I knocked on their door, and when they answered I said, "If you want to have stereo wars, you are seriously outgunned."

lol just dosen't cover it. I think coytee said he did something of the sort in collage with some lascalas. I have been staying at my moms house until mine gets done. I have a brother at home that comes in the wee hours of the morning(with no respect) so Pink Floyds time just might be getting played at 6:00A.M. when hes trying to get his beauty rest. just whish I had more power than my pioneer reciever, which I will once I figure out the ground issure, but thats a whole nother thread.

thanks for the laugh.