25,000 I guess that's it...

colterphoto1

Welcome to the Madness! (yeah, I invented that [:D])

25,000 posts in just under 7 years. That's just under 10 per day average, including the 18 months I spent employed by Klipsch in Technical Support.

No uber wise words other than - it's been fun, continue helping each other, and stay in touch.

This hobby became an obsession but a good one. Although on board here since Nov 2002, the bug didn't really hit me until I moved back to Indy in Summer 2004 in what is now known as The House of Klipsch. At one point there were over 150 Klipsch cabinets here. I made a lot of what I hope are life-long friends and had some super adventures (read about them in 2ch and general 2005-2007). If you stumble across a really good one, you might give it a bump so others can enjoy. On my posts there is a heck of a lot of Klipsch literature attached as PDF's, crossover schematics, photos of rebuilds, etc. I've spent a lot of time here, the first few years learning from those more experienced than I, the last few hopefully passing that on. Please continue to do this and the spirit of the Forum will live on.

To briefly answer the reasons for my leaving. Being as close to the Klipsch community as I have been has been quite the double edged
sword. I remember being hired for my 'dream job' in the Winter of 2006
and how excited you guys were for me. Working for Klipsch was about half the income I was used to in photography, but I was interested in a solid day gig with benefits at this stage in life. Besides, I was my own best customer! For myriad reasons, some my own
fault, that came crashing down only 18 months later. My post count and dedication to the cause has remained consistent since that fateful day. I even travelled to Hope this Spring and photographed the entire Klipsch Museum of Audio History for three days. In the past 16 months, since losing my job at Klipsch, I've been fooling myself that if I were a good trooper and carried the banner high and continued to help out, that they might want me back someday. This has been wishful thinking on my part so I find that I must distance myself from the Company for my own sanity. It's been made quite clear that a rehire is not in the future. I also wish to avoid embarassment of my many remaining close friends at the company who rooted so hard for me to come on board and were crushed at my departure. So I must move on.

I'll still be around, tweaking speakers and using Klipsch Pro gear in my PA systems. Roadie's workshop is in full swing and I try to stay involved and interested in the hobby. There is a bit of sour taste but hopefully it'll go away in time. I hope what remains is my lifelong love of great music through great loudspeakers.If you come to any Pilgrimages in Indy, I'll be here to hang out (but not appearing at any company functions).

I can no longer answer technical questions about what goes with what or how to fix stuff (Klipsch has a paid staff for that), or questions about fair pricing for used gear. I hope that I've done my part on that score and that I've given back at least what I've learned from you all.

But if you want to talk music, hit me at colterphoto1 at aol.com. I guess that'd be ok. e

yer buddy,

Michael

ps- thanks for the many kind words on threads and all the PM's and emails since announcing my departure. Your support means a lot!

post-10755-13819511518402_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

You went over by one Michael. 25,001. Darn it now you got to go another 24,999

I think he right, you have no choice.

I would rather not have this happen but if you need a break I can understand that, not happy about it but understand.

You know how i feel....I will find another way to bother you ! [Y]

Michael

Well, I guess you might be gone now (unlike the last time you announced leaving)

We have traveled a long road all of us,

girls,

careers,

property,

babies,

grandkids (and grandparrents!)

sickness,

health,

operations,

deaths,

weddings,

millitary deployment and return,

kids growing up and kids comming back home

and oh yes lets not forget audio equipment and speakers[;)]

I know I have not been as vocal here in the last couple of years but I do come here a lot and enjoy reading about everyone and what is going on in their lives.

The loss of one more voice will be missed, eventually the memories will become dimmer and other things will take center stage until someone says "I wonder how SO AND SO is doing" then it all will come flooding back and the hole will be felt again.

If you do stay away for good, we will all be a little poorer for it but we all must follow the road in front of us.

So happy trails to you, may the road ahead be a smooth one and may God bless your footsteps.

post-14862-13819511523246_thumb.jpg

Michael--what i told you privately, still applies. Publically, not ashamed to say that you're a good dude and to steal a line of out that movie Apollo 13 (then twist it a little to make it applicable here) Klipsch really "screwed the pooch" letting you go. Get your sanity back and take care of yourself--that is more important than klipsch or us. If i can offer a piece of advice it is this: grab your favorite beverage, go out to Roadies and crank up some Siberian Khatru and remind yourself that life is still good. If you're ever on a West Coast Tour, make sure that Huntington Beach is one of your stops--I'll try to be a good host. Thanks again for all the speaker/music info, and more importantly the life stuff that you so kindly shared with us. The death of my mom, my divorce, and the tragedies that other forum members shared on this forum, you were always there with a kind word of encouragement--that tells me that you're a stand-up dude. i wish you sanity (if that's even possible--I've given up finding it myself); but, at least enjoy the insanity. Keep on Rockin my friend. --Steve-- p.s. not glad to see you go; but, glad that i could use my 1000th post to tell you that you'll be missed.

Michael Michael Michael, you ARE a great person. I have not known you as long as some have on here, but everything that I have read and we've spoke about, advice given to me and others, I say THANKYOU! So you know, I don't expect you to be writing 10 posts per day so at least come by and say "Hi' every now and then. 1 post per month would even be cool. Thanks for the "Summer Gig" thread(among others!) I've always liked seeing/hearing about gigs that others are doing, especially when they KNOW what they are doing.

P.S. You might want to change your signature to say 25,001.

Peace Be With You Michael. [ip]

Michael,

Gary's right -- your driving intellect, musical depth, and ability to describe it, will be missed at the January Strathmore event and any other we hold. You've contributed a lot IMO in your writings on previous classical events that I think helped everyone.

I don't really think you'll be far away for very long.

See ya' 'round -- Larry

P.S. See if you can't make your comments on my posts on Tchaikovsky's 6th before you pull up forum stakes for a while!

I just sorry that I never got to meet you in person.

I'll take the opportunity to thank you for the constant help, and constant class that you have displayed on the forum. Never there to pick a fight or fuel a flame war, you were always there to help others. Know that there will be a day when you feel like coming back to the forum, when the time is right, and at that time you will be most welcome by all who know you now.

Take care!

Dude!! Sorry to hear this. Sucks that you are quiting the forum as well as I've heard you backed out the Symphony thing that LarryC is putting together. Was looking forward to getting to hang with you again this winter.

Well, I have your number, so the next time I am in Indy, I'll have to give you a ring. Believe me, I WILL be in Indy again - could very well be this Thanksgiving, for example! Jeez - half my family friggan lives in the area plus my parents have been talking about moving there after my father retires.

It goes without repeating that this forum will never be the same. I did the dream job gig for years before I realized that it took much of the joy out of my hobby. I was a starving gun salesman and tackle rep and I finally realized that My talents would be best applied elsewhere. So in a way- I kwow how you feel and understand completely why you are leaving. There very few people on this forum who have not gained knowledge from your many excellent posts. Rest assured that there are thousnads of people who have better systems and have enjoyed the hobby to a much degree because of you willingness to share youe expertise in such an unselfish manner. Wherever you path takes you I wish you the greatest of sucess and monetary stability. It has been a rare pleasure to have known you . My only regret is that we never go to meet in person.

Take care bud

All the best.