I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY FOR ME

BigStewMan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided on the pastrami sandwich for dinner tonight. **Steve**

Excellent call my man!! Excellent call. Rye and SPICY brown mustard I hope.

All I could muster-up was some dried elk sausage and ritz crackers, while the wife went to a "Pampered Chef" party, and left me at home to starve.

pics?

I might suggest that we'd collectively prefer pics prior to consumption as opposed to after consumption. Ick!

Coytee--you're one step ahead of me. i was going to offer to take pictures sometime today; but, I'm sure that would get me banned. Yes, it was good. Yes, I got indigestion.

Turkey pastrami, grilled on low heat until very well done, tastes very much like bacon, but with much less fat. I discovered this by accident one time while grilling on my indoor Jenn-Aire grill. I buy six thick slices of turkey pastrami and they fit on my grill perfectly. It takes about two hours to grill them correctly, almost drying as much as cooking. I primarily use it crumbled in Cesar salad, but it has many other uses, wherever you'd use bacon.

I have not tried slow-frying as an alternate method, but it would probably work just the same.

Greg

That does sound appetizing.

Here's what I fixed last night:

Pepperridge Farm Light Rye Bread with Seeds

Dietz & Watson Polska Kielbasa

Swiss Cheese

Maille Dijon Originale Dijon Mustard

Kosher Dill Pickle Spear

Dietz & Watson Saukraut

Bottle of Guinness Extra Stout

and for dessert - 2 fresh peaches from the tree in my backyard

• Moderators

My daughter returned from New Orleans today and brought back a Mufelatta from Central Grocery for me to eat for dinnerSmile. MMMMMMMMMM

Good Daughter [*]

[Y] I know that's good stuff, warm it up a little in the oven, it's even better.

When we lived about 20 minuites outside NO we would get them to bring home.

A little place near here in Dearborn called "Mati's Deli" has the best hot pastrami around: The meat is very lean and they serve it on a fresh Kaiser roll with honey mustard, a slice of sharp cheddar and one of those big deli dill pickle slices on the side. YUM! - Glenn