A young man and his dream of APPLE

Guest " "

I know a young man who as far back as I can remember would draw pictures with his left hand while he spoke. It was a habit he had, most of the time he didn't realize his hand gestures. When ever asked what he was going to do when he grows up, he would always reply "I'm going to work for APPLE".

During his grammar school years he would wander from class room to classroom offering to help teachers in anyway he could. Running erands between floors, moving boxes around, cleaning, etc. A typical teachers pet. Still telling anyone who asked, he was going to work for "APPLE".

Later, the word got out, that he knew how to use a computer, and he spent a lot of time helping teachers bring the power of the computer into their classrooms. Everyone who knew him encorage him to pursue his dream and overcome any obstacle placed before him.

During his high school years he volunteered for countless school projects in which he could be helpful. Still drawing with one hand, while he spoke, a habit he never broke. Still helping people understand computers.

In his college years he found himself in the middle of countless work groups and committees helping anyone and everyone he could. Still bring the power of the computer to the class room, and still drawing with one hand while he spoke.

last year he decided to take a trip to californai (he lives in NYC) and apply for a job with APPLE. There was no particular job posting or vacancy published anywhere. He just walked in and asked to speak with their leadership team.

As he met with the different layers of the company's leadership team, he answered their questions and told his story. They told him while he was a fine and impressive young man, but he was too junior and too green for the position he was solicating. An account executive.

He went back to NY with a plan. He got a job as an advertising aide, then moved into an account associate position, then became an account executive.

Almost a year to the day, he flew back to californai. Asked to met with the company's leadership team again, and explained what he had accomplished since they last met. He spent 4 days meeting with various levels of the comapny's leadership team, then he came back to NY.

A week later an executive assitant called him to arrange a meeting with one of the company's vice president's. At APPLE's expense, travel, lodging, etc.

Two weeks later, he is shipping his car, leasing an appartment on the west coast, and saying all his good-byes in NYC.

Yep, my 23 year old son Mikey is leaving home. He's going to the west coast to work for APPLE, as an account executive. Something he always wanted to do, something we always told him he could do.

Awesome!

I was reading it expecting to see some form of life lesson at the end (perhaps there is anyway) or some form of "thank your armed forces for their efforts" or something.... I intentionally did NOT cheat & skip to the end to see this ending and read through it.

Fantastic finish!!

[Y]