The wife's coming home...

Marvel

in the Philippines, visiting family while her mom is in the hospital. Doesn't look good. They are flying her mom back to Manila from the island where they live, so she can be in a hospital there.Thirteen brothers and sisters... all the family personalities...

Miss her a lot. She needs hugs and I can't be there with her. Listened to some Sibelius earlier... sat out on the back porch and had a cold one, looked at the stars. Lightning bugs are out, but not as many as a few weeks ago. Finally came in when a cacaphony of dogs barking in the distance became a distraction. The good news is that God is still in control (even if the world isn't ending yet... [;)]) TIme for sleep...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DD...

The family is flying her mom from Culion, Palawan to Manila, to put her in a larger hospital. Carna's mom will travel with her husband, doctor and nurse. The rest of the family who can travel will take the ferry and arrive a day later.

Just talked to the wife... The plane to take her mom to Manila was late... just crazy...

Now there are four of the family who have taken a small boat to Coron... in another 8 hours they will catch the Super Ferry to Manila.

Time for me to sleep so I can talk to her in the morning before they lose the phone service.

Night all...

Bruce

Your a good man Bruce, take good care of the new wife.

Bruce, knowing some of what you've been through, the devotion you show for your wife really touches me. If a prayer from an agnostic sinner counts for anything, may you and your wife be comforted.

Thanks Sput...

I'm surely not a saint....

Good thoughts, prayers... I'm certainly not a universalist, but I really appreciate your input! I consider you a valuable friend, however distant we may be.

Talked to the wife earlier. They should be getting into Manila about now (12:00 noon their time) Sheesh... she gets back home on the 6th of June. It seems so far away. I can feel myself there with her. The heat and humnidity, street vendors, the jeepneys, looking out for pick pockets...

Bruce

TBHWY, when I saw the title my first thought was perhaps the rapture had happened for real...

However, I find your family in distress. I am just attempting to emerge from an enormous loss following an illness and ask God that your news may be more to your liking.

O LORD, holy Father, by whose loving-kindness our souls and bodies are renewed; Mercifully look upon this thy servant, that, every cause of sickness being removed, that she may be restored to soundness of health and be joyously reunited with her loved ones; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

I'll give my mother in law an extra hug tonight. She's been a great blessing to us and your situation shines light on such things. We will drive her home to Florida this weekend as her job here is done for now.

Kindest regards,
Dave

Bruce, knowing some of what you've been through, the devotion you show for your wife really touches me. If a prayer from an agnostic sinner counts for anything, may you and your wife be comforted.

Don't sell yourself short sputnik, I've heard you've a gentle hand with the sheep in your area.

I'm surely not a saint....

Good thing, St Marvel just doesn't sound right. Wink

Agreed...

Now they have a typhoon dropping lots of rain. Looks like it's headed north to Japan, so the worst of it won't do more than get everyone wet.

But she now has the flu... which means she'll have to stay away from her mom. She's feeling rather puny at the moment, but might finally get some sleep.

I know what you two are going through, it's pure agony. My mother passed last night................................

Only a couple of losses that are worse. When the time is right, find a place and let it go. My mom passed in '02 and my older brother live in her house. Occasionally he finds a lost garden tool or something buried and still tears up...

It will get better, but prepare for a lingering void to remain with you.

Dave

I know what you two are going through, it's pure agony. My mother passed last night................................

Sorry to hear that too. My mom passed away last Spring, and lost my dad to liver cancer in mid '80s.

Diagnosis on the Mother in Law - Besides osteoporosis, she has an infection in the T7, T8 discs, with some severe deterioration. No wonder she has been in so much pain. They are just going to treat the infection and wait a couple of weeks to see if they can get by with a brace. She doesn't want to go through the whole operation at this stage in her life (she's 81).

Bruce