The wife's coming home...

Marvel

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. My mother was 93. She fell and broke her hip a week ago. The hip replacement surgery went well, but her body and mind as a whole could not recover from the trauma. I've been fortunate as I've never lost an immediate family member up till now. I still have 4 older brothers and my father (who's 96) still with me, not to mention wife and 3 children.

The phrase "Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present" has more meaning to me now than it ever did in the past.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that CECAA, how is your Dad doing.

Dad's doing surprisingly well under the circumstances, thanks. I spent most of today bringing moms' things to a storage facility till we figure out what to do with them. She's going to be flown to Florida for her funeral next Saturday. Looks like there's going to be a quick cross country trip in my future.

Carl

They got Carna's mom some help and moved back home.She's doing better.

But... my wife fell in the shower and hit her side, so will now travel to the hospital where one of her niece's works, and get an x-ray and opinion. She slept pretty well last night, but hurts a lot.

What a trip! [:(]

Bruce

Carl,

So sorry to hear about your loss, try to be there for your Dad.

Bruce,

Hope your wife is fine and her mother beats the infection as osteomylitis is very serious, no matter where it hits due to the lack of vascularity in bone for the body to heal itself.

Best wishes to both of you.

Dave,

I never commented on your awful loss, but I felt understanding you and your daughters situation and my own sons autism, was what brought me arround closer to you. I can't begin to imagine loosing Danny, but I worry about who will take care of him when I am dead every day. My heartfelt simpathy to you Dave.... Roger

Hope your wife is fine...

Thanks Roger. Just talked with her... one fractured rib (seventh). It's Sunday noon there, and she leaves to fly back on her Monday morning. That's going to be uncomfortable for sure. Manila to Tokyo, to DFW to Atlanta. Twenty hours on planes...

Bruce

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. My mother was 93.

Sorry to hear of your loss. No matter what age your mom was, she's gone too soon. I lost my dad in March, at age 87, and I still miss him every day.

You have my sympathies.

She's headed to Tokyo... whoooohooo! Uh, almost a 4 hour layover, but the total time is shorter than the trip over. I'll pick her up in Atlanta tomorrow evening. If nothing goes wrong it's a 23.5 hr. trip.

Bruce

She's headed to Tokyo... whoooohooo

Yes That's a long plane ride, she's going to be beat when she get's home, even if you sleep it's rough.

That's the truth! The flight from Tokyo to DFW is 11.5 hrs. You start to think it will NEVER end, like you are in a Twilight Zone episode.

Your wallet gets beat pretty bad too. [:(]

Bruce

She's headed to Tokyo... whoooohooo

Yes That's a long plane ride, she's going to be beat when she get's home, even if you sleep it's rough.

That's the truth! The flight from Tokyo to DFW is 11.5 hrs. You start to think it will NEVER end, like you are in a Twilight Zone episode.

Your wallet gets beat pretty bad too. Sad

Bruce

On the really long flights I medicate. A little bit of dreamy sleepy snoozy snooze and the flight gets alot shorter.

• Moderators

On the really long flights I medicate. A little bit of dreamy sleepy snoozy snooze and the flight gets alot shorter.

I couldn't do that, the way I snore they would pull over and put me out. [:o]

She wil probably be on the muscle relaxers they gave her at the hospital, so I imagine she will sleep some. I have no problem at all falling asleep on the plane. THe last time I was flying by myself, I was asleep before the plane left the runway.I remember it accelerating... I woke up at around 20k feet.

Bruce

• Moderators

http://www.ripsnore.com/

Stopped my freight-train snoring dead 100% the first night. Been using RIP Snore for the last 2-3 years, and I don't snore at all anymore. I always take it on trips and use it on the plane. Can't even tell it's in your mouth. Very satisfied.

Thanks I need to try that, I think I already have some of the symtoms they talk about.

"health effects can include hearing loss and in extreme cases can lead to brain damage."