Klipsch WILL NOT POST NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!

sosations

Rodger, get a grip, they are speakers!!!!

I am very happy you have made friends, I am, maybe you, Kevin, Eldon, Christy, Richard (HA!), Steve, Joey B, Mike, Roger, and Glenn (who you could all take a lesson from) can all get together and throw a "I hate Sosations Party" and burn some Bose brochures!

You guys are exhausting, and it seems cannot stand anybody's opinion other than your own -.

Also, what is up with you guys and all this "Man" stuff????

sosations,

No "d" in Roger

You are the one who lost grip with reality.

I never brought up Bose in anything, YOU DID!

You do owe apologies to members here!

YOU are a TROLL!

God did not see fit to synaptically arm you to banter with me, so know your place child and realize there are those who you do not possess the brain pan or cerebral folds to play with without looking mentaly inferior.

ROGER no "D"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Einstein

I promise,.......... as soon as "they don't fall apart" I will "man up" (as this forum is the true measure of manhood, at least yours) and send all of you crybabies a big sloppy sorry..............................

I don't believe you would speak this way in person. Please write and act as if you are. Get your ideas across without all the digs and jabs.

Rivernuggets,

He has "MOMMY COURAGE"

Hes the guy that ran his mouth as long as mommy was within view.

Roger

Einstein

I promise,.......... as soon as "they don't fall apart" I will "man up" (as this forum is the true measure of manhood, at least yours) and send all of you crybabies a big sloppy sorry..............................

I don't believe you would speak this way in person. Please write and act as if you are. Get your ideas across without all the digs and jabs.

Rivernuggets,

He has "MOMMY COURAGE"

Hes the guy that ran his mouth as long as mommy was within view.

Roger

Unfortunately; this guy (Sosa) can't admit when he has screwed up.

I too have met many friends and been to forum gatherings; etc.

It is a shame that Sammy Sosa struck out.......

Oh well.... His loss...... [H]

"I come here for the friends" .........your joking right!!!

"write or call you" .......sure, we can do lunch and maybe you can show me your starwars figurine collection, or I can meet your drum-circle club -

Don't know why people are so sensitive on this forum, and if you looked at my "Negative Posts" you will find they are all in response to oversensitive folks like you -

Gotta run -

Sosations,

I read this entire thread, and I have seen / read your rating. Seems to me that you are not only full of PWK BS Button but that you also owe a few apologies here, the least of wich is not the one that you owe Klipsch because you are wrong in your statements about Klipsch not posting your review.

You continually dodge the fact that you were to inept to realize the speakers were MDF prior to purchase (YOUR FAULT) Show me a modern speaker in that price range still made from void free plywood???

Go buy a cheap set of used Heresies, sell the guts, have the plywood cabinets reveneered in a much nicer, more rare veneer then your Heresie IIIs and put your Herisie III guts installed in your newly reworked cabinets. YOUR SCREW UP, is now fixed.

If you came in here and tried to learn instead of spouting your verbal disentary, you might learn there are several members that will re-veneer old cabinets in any veneer you can imagine and do so as a buiseness.

DTEL and alot of others do come here for the friendships. Many of us here have met other forum members here. I personally talk on the phone with DTELs wife on a semi regular basis and have a standing invite to come stay for a visit as many other members here already have.

I personally have met a member here who I considder one of my best friends through this forum and I call him weekly even though we live 1,000 miles apart, I have been to his house numerous times.

I have been to other members houses, we listen to each others settups and enjoy each others company and we call each other, when we find rare pieces we know the other one is looking for.

I have 7 members phone numbers here on my speed dial, 1) Kevin Harmon, 2) DTEL & Wife (Eldon & Christy), 3)Coytee (Richard), 4) FYRPOWER (Steve), 5) Joey B., 6) Michael Colter, 7) Indy Klipsch Fan (Roger). as well as been to Pickys (Glenn) house as a guest, invited to go lobster diving in Florida with Groomslake (Marshal), had a forum member to my house with less postings than sosations, and met many others at Klipsch gatherings such as Dr. Who and JC or Bill Hendricks. So we do build real friendships, not just web chat here.

You need to humble yourself, eat some of your own bile, and apologize to some of these people.

Personaly, I don't think you are man enough to do it!

Roger

I've got to agree with Roger sosations. Roger's invited me to stop by his place and I'm sure I'd feel more than welcome. I've visited several Forum members homes and consider many friends, such as Roger (both twisted Roger, and also Indy Roger). And condider a few Klipsch employees friends. We're not over sensitive. You are. We do take it personally a bit I suppose as an attack on Klipsch is like an attack on our family. You probably don't get it, and won't unless you get over yourself and follow Roger's advice.

And Amy's right. It's usually the people with less than stellar things to say that speak up. Many such complaints are often unjustified and come from those that got a great deal from an un-authorized seller and then complain if things go south.

I can't vouch for the review section but they leave the good, bad, and ugly on the Forum. Of course the really ugly postings tend to make the posters look like idiots....

The only time things get shut down are if threads get too ugly, then Miss Amy as Forum administrator will lock them or ban people who get too ugly. Try posting what you did at most manufacturers web site(s) or Forums. I bet you can't.

For what it's worth, I don't like MDF either. I used to have to handle claims for a moving company, and typically MDF furniture was thought of as disposable. The stuff is heavy as hell, and if it gets wet of a screw comes out, its a major project to fix it. In fact, it is usually better to simply pay a cash claim. Ask insurance people about the stuff. MDS is better for the manufacturer for many reasons, but MDF is not better for consumers as edges corners screws and weight are its disadvantages.

In all fairness. I would much rather have void free plywood than MDF. MDF, particle board, OSB (oriented strand board) all swells up and becomes junk if it gets wet, though I have seen pressure treated OSB for wet locations.... and so will plywood if it gets wet enough but not as bad as the above and doesn't lose it's integrity nearly as fast. Use marine grade plywood and can probably handle a lot of moisture, especially if properly finished. Void free plywood which is what is desired for speakers I think is pretty expensive and MDF probably does have better acoustic properties.

Wow, there's a whole bunch of feathers and dust scattered about this thread.

Yes, there are more than a handful of Klipsch die-hard turkeys in here, but I'm not 1 of them. But like most of the guys-n-gals in here, I've never even attempted to use the speaker review feature. And I can certainly understand someone getting perturbed about not being able to leave a comment on a pricey purchase. Heresy's may be at the bottom end of the Heritage line, but that doesn't mean their inexpensive........ But with respect to your original comment about the review you tried to leave, there is 1 thing that puzzles me. You stated that the sound quality was good,..... I assume (?) it is what you expected and nothing less,..... yet you mentioned that your review would be limited to a 2-star rating. To me, this does not make sense, for the simple reason that the sound quality met with your expectations. What quality was most important for your speaker purchase? I can agree with a 3 star rating, but not 2. It is only reasonable that a 3 star rating would be the min. score, because the sound is what you expected.... JMHO.

Also, you seem overly eager to slam a good sounding speaker, just because it was made of a different material than you expected. So I'm curious again, did a salesman lead you to believe you were going to get a specific veneer type? Did you perform any pre-purchase research that indicated you were getting a different type of finish than what you ended up with?

I, like Anthony Weiner, am familiar with wood, and about the only difference I know between MDF, OSB and Plywood, is that the NDS (National Design Standards) provides designers with recommended material strengths for the later 2,...... but not for MDF. Does any of this matter for speaker enclosure construction, nope, not 1 bit.

And I, like you, have a strong negative stigma against MDF. I personally hate the stuff. It makes crappy furniture and crappy anything that's gets used and worked out regularly, e.g. like furniture drawers, bookshelfs, etc. But for a speaker enclosure, which is escentially a box that's going to sit in 1, or maybe 2 spots in a lifetime. Nah, get over it, unless of course you were dooped by a sleezy salesman.

And speaking of furniture, I have a few Herman Miller chairs (Aero's) in my office, but they're not the famous eames lounge chair. That particular model of chair is more of a pricey Architectural statement than it is a piece of usable furniture. Most of the people I know, who actually own them, buy them as show pieces or statement pieces. The eames wouldn't and couldn't be the same chair if it were made from MDF, and anybody familiar with that chair will never argue that fact. So I guess that since you mentioned the Eames Lounge Chair, that you were expecting a beautifully grained piece of wood veneer for your speaker enclosure, but instead got a good sounding box made of painted MDF.

come to think of it, the person that signed my speaker during factory inspection used black ink and not blue ink. How dare klipsch try to pull something like that. personally, i don't care if they make them out of playdough--as long as they sound good.

All I was saying, as a testimonial, is that after 22 years my speakers are nowhere near showing the slightest signs of falling apart, so be happy, don't worry. They are not going to fall apart dude. You are free to like or dislike the sonic qualities as you please, personally I would never consider heresies without a nice musical sub woofer, but I repeat, don't worry about them ever falling apart.

come to think of it, the person that signed my speaker during factory inspection used black ink and not blue ink. How dare klipsch try to pull something like that. personally, i don't care if they make them out of playdough--as long as they sound good.

I can't stand blue ink. It has to be black. End of discussion.

But now I find myself wanting some of that stronger than Atlas pegboard Pinky is showing off!

JL Sargent: "Pinky??" LOL [:D] You are hereby demoted to "Corporal". LOL

You are free to like or dislike the sonic qualities as you please, personally I would never consider heresies without a nice musical sub woofer, but I repeat, don't worry about them ever falling apart.

Good luck finding a sub that's NOT made of MDF.

<snip>...........

And I, like you, have a strong negative stigma against MDF. I personally hate the stuff. It makes crappy furniture and crappy anything that's gets used and worked out regularly, e.g. like furniture drawers, bookshelfs, etc. But for a speaker enclosure, which is escentially a box that's going to sit in 1, or maybe 2 spots in a lifetime. Nah, get over it, unless of course you were dooped by a sleezy salesman.[Y]

And speaking of furniture, I have a few Herman Miller chairs (Aero's) in my office, but they're not the famous eames lounge chair. That particular model of chair is more of a pricey Architectural statement than it is a piece of usable furniture. Most of the people I know, who actually own them, buy them as show pieces or statement pieces. The eames wouldn't and couldn't be the same chair if it were made from MDF, and anybody familiar with that chair will never argue that fact. So I guess that since you mentioned the Eames Lounge Chair, that you were expecting a beautifully grained piece of wood veneer for your speaker enclosure, but instead got a good sounding box made of painted MDF.

[*-)] I must be losing it 'cause I actually agree with Gilbert on something..........[;)]

............except about the chairs - they're really pretty comfy, very usable, and gotta be sat in.

Posted Image

<snip>...........

And I, like you, have a strong negative stigma against MDF. I personally hate the stuff. It makes crappy furniture and crappy anything that's gets used and worked out regularly, e.g. like furniture drawers, bookshelfs, etc. But for a speaker enclosure, which is escentially a box that's going to sit in 1, or maybe 2 spots in a lifetime. Nah, get over it, unless of course you were dooped by a sleezy salesman.Yes

Confused I must be losing it 'cause I actually agree with Gilbert on something..........Wink

............except about the chairs - they're really pretty comfy, very usable, and gotta be sat in.

DSC_0756.jpg

Now that is an inviting room...

Ahhhh, more sarcasm -

"Einstein

I promise,.......... as soon as "they don't fall apart" I will "man up" (as this forum is the true measure of manhood, at least yours) and send all of you crybabies a big sloppy sorry.............................."

I can see you would never use sarcasm.

Gilbert,

Thanks for the thoughtful response, and for not getting personal like a lot of the other folks on this forum.

As I have mentioned numerous times on this thread the sound on these speakers is great, period. I owned a pair of Heresy's back in the early 80's, and they were and still are a great speaker, and built like a tank. I guess at the end of the day I expected more from this brand, i.e "Great Sound, Great Build", heck, if they could build them out of birch in the 80's why the heck cant they now? most likely reason, (Regardless of what you read here) is bottom line.....and hey, that's ok, just don't expect everyone to be happy about it.

Regarding the Eames Lounge (as an example of a brand that still cares about build) I have one, and use it all the time, (boatload of cash) but the tradition, style, & build associated with it made it a much easier buy. Many of the folks on this site would argue a chair like this is only for sitting, and build quality simply does not matter, so they could build it from molded plastic and they would still be happy, I on the other hand would not.

Thanks -

Skip,

What are you talking about???

Why are you picking on my mom, she didnt do anything to you???

Is nothing is sacred???

Also, how have I screwed up? .............by disagreeing with you??

And since when does it require courage to post your opinion? ABOUT A SPEAKER, on a message-board? heck, is this your litmus test for courage??