Availability of old pie-slice logos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a pair also if you can stand one more order!

I have tags for the early khorns 3 types if someone needs a good pic of one to copy.

They are the block letter clear plastic, Script lettered white lamiate , script clear plastic.

also the early heresy, shorthorn and cornwall all pre 60.

I wounder if klipsch ever made key chains out of the pie logo?

I saw a early 50's clear plastic one on ebay last year that was from a key chain or so they said.

Klipsch should remake them and sell as key chains but leave the hole as a option.

That way they might sell .

I think I opened Pandora's Box!!

I am going to limit memebers to no more that 2-pair per each! I will make an announcement here AFTER I have the molds made and have produced a few to make sure of quality, etc. Once I make the announcement I'll provide a mailing address where you can send via SNAIL MAIL your address, etc. and if you would like to include a little bit toward shipping costs, that would be great (we're talking a couple of bucks). There will be a VERY limited time frame in which to do this--one week or so. I am not going to put these into permanent production!! There will be a cut-off date and anyone late will miss out!!

I will also cut off production at about 60 emblems--so you'll have to get your requests in QUICKLY to get some of these! Any late requests will be returned!!

Look for an announcement here in about 2-3 weeks.

I applaud Allan for his effort and generosity.

However, I don't agree with rebadging later production speakers. Originally thought they would be replacements for lost or damaged originals, or possibly as souvenirs.

Why not get counterfeit Klipsch Labels too. Individuals might as well change their Serial Numbers too. Guess authenticity doesn't count much anymore!

----------------

On 4/16/2003 9:49:42 AM ShapeShifter wrote:

However, I don't agree with rebadging later production speakers. Originally thought they would be replacements for lost or damaged originals, or possibly as souvenirs.

Why not get counterfeit Klipsch Labels too. Individuals might as well change their Serial Numbers too. Guess authenticity doesn't count much anymore!

----------------

So based on that assumption you feel anyone who replaces their crossovers with ALKs or AA is taking away from the originality of the speaker?

How about those who chose to refinish their Klipsch in another finish?

or change their grillcloth?

Jeff

Jeff,

I dont consider it an assumption. Its just a personal opinion or position. And to a lesser degree, we have changed their originality when we perform the changes you state. As owners we have the right to customize as we desire. For me using something as visible and highly recognized as Pie Slice Logos on non-period speakers seems intentionally deceptive.

I hate to say I told you so, but I knew you'd get overwhelmed with requests. I just hope mine gets to you within the time limits. I'm having custom (removable) matching wood fronts made for my cornwalls so I will retain the newer label that came with my speakers when I use the grill clothes but have the pie logo on my wood fronts. Thanks again and good luck. I'm afraid you'll be turning down a lot of good folks.