Did your wife try to HIDE your speakers too?

emmvette

In college I did my senior thesis on landscape acoustics. Don't worry. Contrary to common belief, landscape materials such as trees and shrubs don't change the acoustics much, if at all, under most circumstances, especially regarding any absorption. At best the tree might, possibly, contribute some small amount of diffusion, at the highest frequencies. It's really more of a psychoacoustic/psychophysic psychological thing.

My Chorus II's are still visible, with a huge tree to the side, however access to my cds is blocked. I will have to subsist on my cdr collection, whch is within easy reach. My wife who is a keeper, never really complains about the speakers, fortunately she loves music.

Mine just likes to decorate the tops of them. She uses cloth or doilies, so there's never an issue with scratching, and she's willing to work with me when something's a bit out of bounds or not recommended....

She likes the results of the gear, and likes old Heritage cabs, so there's no fighting or stress about it, really. Early on she had some doubts, but once I put results in our room she understood. She's not in on the gear decisions, but she's in the conversation. When I can tell her in advance why we are buying/doing something, and then I do it, a certain amount of credibility does build.

We got married at a Phish concert 14 years ago, and spend much of our vacations on live musical pursuits so lots of Heritage in houseis a natural fit. Not just music you hear, but muisic you experience.

I really feel for some of you guys.

• 2 years later...

She couldn't even come close with two trees, but she wouldn't, she picked the speakers out. :emotion-21:

You two are really on the same page...

Blessings on you and Christie.

Our tree is temporary and doesn't cause much of a problem other than seating arrangements in the room.

Bruce