Fine Food and Music

Boxx

My take on the traditional Comprese Salad

I don't really care for Basil, fresh or otherwise. For whatever reason it all tastes rather "metalic" to me. I guess my taste receptors got screwed up somewhere along the line of some 40+ years of one substance abuse or another.

No matter...

These days I lay down a bed of Romaine hearts, add 3 or 4 sliced Campari tomatoes, a few generous slices of fresh Mozzarella secured from the local Italian grocer and top it all with Kosher salt, corse ground black pepper and very VERY good XVOO.

Combine with a few of slices of a decent locally baked French bread and a glass or two or seven of cheap red wine and I've got a meal that fills my tummy an lulls me to sleep.

Who can ask for anything more?

Here's what it looks right before I shove it in my pie-hole less the bread and the wine.

Salad_zpsdrlyv3be.jpg

• Like 4

John, you are calling my name, mmm pecan pie. What gluten free pie crust did you use? Or do you have a recipe?

I will have gluten free spaghetti and meat balls when my wife gets home. She has a wheat allergy and its easier to just do gluten free.

88b3b1508cd7cc0fad64001af7874b7a.jpg

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 2

John, you are calling my name, mmm pecan pie. What gluten free pie crust did you use? Or do you have a recipe?

I will have gluten free spaghetti and meat balls when my wife gets home. She has a wheat allergy and its easier to just do gluten free.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you like ginger cheesecake, gluten free ginger snaps make for a great crust.

• Like 2

If you like ginger cheesecake, gluten free ginger snaps make for a great crust.

I have also used gluten free graham crackers.

• Like 1