Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

Owned Heresies from 1974-1991

2.  What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

3.  What is your current age?

4.  Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

Back in '74 Heritage was all there was!

5.  If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase?  Why?

Don't own Heritages now. Am currently living in S. Korea and bought KG4's because they are mailable through USPS (barely!). Because floorspace is limitied here, would like a pair of ChorusII. Forte or ForteII or Quartets.

6.  Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Yes

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heresy, 1981

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

3. What is your current age?

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

I have always admired Klipsch speakers after hearing a pair of Klipschhorns. They were far to expensive. I was able to purchased these used in 1985.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

Still admire Klipchorns. I have not heard another speaker that is as satisfying sonically.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

I fully agree, I had the opportunity to hear that speaker on the first Hope Tour with PWK in attendence.

Bill J.

• 4 weeks later...

----------------

On 5/30/2002 1:50:00 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

currently own K-horns KB-CO 1984, Belles BK-WO 1977, LaScala LS-BR 1970, Heresy HBR 1982

love big speakers. big sound from big speakers. craftsmanship.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

Belles in OO with Cane grills in mint condition. best looking speaker i have ever seen. Academy and more Belles

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

absolutely

Thanks for your responses!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-30-2002 at 01:54 PM

----------------

----------------

On 5/30/2002 1:50:00 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?kg2,1979 cornwalls

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?20

3. What is your current age?39

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?live sound

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?khorns,ultimate live sound reproduction

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?yes,

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-30-2002 at 01:54 PM

----------------

I bought my Heresy's in 1982 when I was 28, I bought my Cornwalls just recently when I was/am 49. I bought my Heresys because after nearly 6 months of auditioning (boy, Im sure I must have driven many salesmen to drink) I felt that Klipsch would represent the greatest long term value and I truly loved the sound...still think this only more so...would like to have Corns available again but would also love a pair of K-horns...I would have to know more about the Jubilees to have a thought on this one

'86 Heresy II's

I have never heard any speakers that sound as good as the heritage line

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? KHorns are undoubtably the flagship - but I have never had the room for them

YES!

Thank you!

Euell

• 2 weeks later...

Heresy II (1988)

At the tiem there was no other line.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase?

K horns

Why? THE BEST

Yes

La Scala, one only, and no current desire for change

When I bought the La Scala, I did not live in a place where I could properly position a single Klipschorn, let alone a pair of them. My intent was to listen to the La Scala in mono until such time as I could move to a place where a 3-speaker array including Klipschorns would be possible. I preferred the La Scala's shape, lower price, and simple black-lacquered birch finish over the functionally similar Belle Klipsch. I don't remember what other Klipsch speakers may have existed around 1985, but I don't consider anything other than the "heritage" series to be worthy of consideration (though my older brother likes his KG2's, original sealed-enclosure model).

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers (new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

Possibly a pair of Heresy's. I never realized the goal of living in a home that had a room with suitable corners and a 32-foot diagonal to accommodate Klipschorns. My "serious" listening room is currently a small upper room in a diminutive <900 square foot, 1 1/2 story house in which resides a full Linn system including the bookshelf-sized Sara loudspeakers. Now middle-aged and firmly entrenched in the rewarding but financially non-lucrative field of education, I have to acknowledge the probability that I will never move from this small, but comfortable (and paid for!) home. When my Linn LK2 amplifier, or the Sara's, dies, I am not in a position to afford the cost of a comparable replacement--Heresy's and/or a decent integrated amplifier are within my means. My lone La Scala continues to serve faithfully in the one suitable corner of the slightly more spacious downstairs living area.

No.

1976 LaScalas, 77 & 84 Cornwall'ss, 77&84 Heresy's.

I had the opportunity to audition a lot of very good speakers while in the USAF stationed in Europe (Torrejon AB, Spain 79-81). I always thought Klipsch sounded the best for the money. Heritage was all there was available at the time.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase?

If I had good corners I would buy Khorns.

Why?

Because they sound great, are the top of the line, and I am happy with the others I do own.

Not sure. Don't know much about them to be honest.

No, thank you!

Response: Klipschorns since 1976; 2 pair of Heresys 1977 & 1980.

Response: Bought my Klipshorns when I was 29.

Response: A young 57

Response: Heritage was the only line Klipsch had in 1976!!!

Response: A Heritage matching center channel.

Why?

Response: Would probably be much better than modified heresy I use now.

Response: No Opinions on that.

1.gif

1. 1985 Heresy's (walnut)

2. 15

3. 15

4. I thought it would be a good idea to start early

5. A Belle or Klipschorn because I love the way the Klipschorn sounds and looks. The Belle because it has a good WAF factor and they look good. Never heard them before, though...

6. Yes

• 2 weeks later...

RESPONSE: CURRENTLY OWN 2 KHORNS WO, 4 VERT. CORNWALL II'S WO, 2 HORIZ. CORNWALLS OO and 2 FORTE WO. (10 HERITAGE TOTAL)

RESPONSE: 39YRS, I BOUGHT MY 1990 (KHORNS)

3. What is your current age?........41YRS

WHEN I WAS A KID IN HIGH SCHOOL, MY COUSIN THAT OWNED A NICE AUDIO STORE. I USE TO GO OVER THERE AND CRANK THE HELL OUT OF SOME KHORNS AND THE CLARITY AT ANY VOLUME, JUST BLEW ME AWAY, AND I ALWAYS REMEMBERED THAT. I ALSO LOVED THE WOOD ON THEM, LIKE FINE FURNITURE. ANYWAY, NOW, 25YRS LATER, MY WIFES BROTHER (FRZINVT) REMINDED ME WHAT WONDERFUL SPEAKERS THEY ARE , AND, WELL....THERE YOU GO.

I WANT A PAIR OF KLIPSCH BELLES, AND A PAIR OF ANDY'S (YOUR) CUSTOM LASCALAS......LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUR READY HDBR ....YOU HAVE A SOLID BUYER.

IF THAT WAS PAULS INTENT...OF COURSE....NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

• 4 weeks later...

Have owned: KG .5's, KG 4.5's, KG SW, KLF-20's, KLF-C7, SW12, RC-3, RF-5's, RSW-10.

Currently: 1981 Heresy's, 1985 Heresys, 1978 La Scalas, 1980's? La Scalas.

Want to own: Another set of 1978 La Scalas (sentimental reasons),and of course Klipschorns.

I was 39 when I bough my first pair of Heresys.

I am now 44.

What other heritage would I like? Another pair of 1978 La Scalas, And a set of K horns.

Why?...'78' La Scalas because thats the year I first heard them, K horns because to me they are the golden ring of Hi-Fidelity loudspeakers.

About the 'Jubilee'?...I'm not sure, maybe it should be in a classification of it's own.

1. Heresy II (bought 3/29/95 yes i still have the reciept)9.gifalso owned Kg5.5, Kv-2 which have been sold, and the rest is below.

2. 19

3. 28

4. did not like lascala, belles, or Khorns at the time, and The Navy exchange did not have a pair of chorus II which i really wanted, so i settled with the heresy II.

5. Khorns.(2 channel) I want the best i can get now not just loud. i want more realism. I would also like a refernce home theather setup. I would rather have a legend home theather setup, but while i am dreaming, i want my stuff new. heck while I'm at it Khorn home theater all the way around.9.gif

6.Yes i do heritage line should always and foever be what he initially designed, maybe upgraded component through the years, but always what he initially designed.