one year anniversary

Scrappydue

today is my one year anniversary of joining this forum. and since then i have upgraded from rf-82's, rc-52, rs'42s, and a rsw-10d to what i have now in my signature! when does it stop? i am good with my home theater setup but am always debating upgrading my living room setup even though i bought the rf-42ii home theater because i wanted something small that i didn't have to plan around for furniture. and the 2 channel stuff, i dont even have it in a room yet and i am already wanting a pair of magnepan 1.7's. also just read rave reviews on a speaker called the tekton pendragon. wow! those sound like they would be unreal! and both only around 2K which is manageable. pendragons were compared to some 70K wilson audio speakers! i have heard those out in san diego! i mean come on 70K comparable speaker for around 2K? who doesnt want to own those?? maybe i should start writing reviews and get really, REALLY good at it so companies will send me gear to try so i dont have to buy it all. that seems to be my problem, i just wanna buy it all, hear it then move it along to someone who will give it a good home! HMMMM. keep dreaming LOL

• Moderators

Well Congratulations Scrappy, sounds like you like trying many different speaker designs, it is fun, but don't forget to listen to some of the bigger, older and Pro models of Klipsch, but WARNING you (and your wallet) might not be the same after. [Y] So many speakers and only so much time and money. [:$]

• Moderators

the heresey's i had were nice but i needed something with a smaller footprint

[:o] Never mind, that shot my idea in the butt, I was talking the footprint of many many Hersey's. [:$]

Well you could still listen. [:P]

• Moderators

Well it never hurts to listen every time you get a chance, the more you hear the more you will know what you like.

Really the only reason i said that was because your interested in all kinds of designs, that's a good thing. [Y]

Your doing great, just look at your list of equipment, nothing to be unhappy about at all, I would love to have some of those things listed, [:P] but it's always fun to hear other things, it really never ends. [;)]

That's awesome man! Crazy how much gear we've all gone through especially in a year. I remember I started off with just Heresys and now I'm rockin the newest reference system with a sweet avr and power amp. Just think what speakers you can go through in the following years!

Congrats sir, funny how one year you can change your mind so many times. About a year ago I got my modified Khorns up and running, now once again I get to thinking can it sound better if so how. Upgrading sucks, even though you know it sounds good, you all ways ask yourself could it sound better. Continue to have fun.