Anyone using Decware ?

A1UC

I would suggest adding a vinyl front end to your system. You would reap the benefit of better sound.

Shakey

Pop, Crackle, Hiss! LMBO

Childish response.... I get so sick of the digital folks that have sunk a fortune in time in money on the digital front comparing the performance to a LP system that was/is totally half assed...then you have the LP freaks that spend a fortune in time and money then compare it to a digital rig that consist of a bargain bin CD player... All formats can and are good in there own ways...LP rig setup properly happen to be the most "musical systems" on earth always have been and most likely always will be.... snap, crackle, pop my **

TRVTH

Dave

I would suggest adding a vinyl front end to your system. You would reap the benefit of better sound.

Shakey

Pop, Crackle, Hiss! LMBO

Childish response.... I get so sick of the digital folks that have sunk a fortune in time in money on the digital front comparing the performance to a LP system that was/is totally half assed...then you have the LP freaks that spend a fortune in time and money then compare it to a digital rig that consist of a bargain bin CD player... All formats can and are good in there own ways...LP rig setup properly happen to be the most "musical systems" on earth always have been and most likely always will be.... snap, crackle, pop my ***

Childish response.... Pot calling the kettle black Ehhh???

Shakey

Pop, Crackle, Hiss! LMBO

Childish response.... I get so sick of the digital folks that have sunk a fortune in time in money on the digital front comparing the performance to a LP system that was/is totally half assed...then you have the LP freaks that spend a fortune in time and money then compare it to a digital rig that consist of a bargain bin CD player... All formats can and are good in there own ways...LP rig setup properly happen to be the most "musical systems" on earth always have been and most likely always will be.... snap, crackle, pop my ***

It's hard to imagine anyone not preferring the sound of a good vinyl rig in a good system, even when compared to a very high end seedee player. I think that ship has sailed.

Now you may prefer digital over vinyl for a host of other reasons, but if you are hanging your hat on the issue of sonics, you are just plain fooling yourself.

Shakey

Shakey

Pop, Crackle, Hiss! LMBO

Childish response.... I get so sick of the digital folks that have sunk a fortune in time in money on the digital front comparing the performance to a LP system that was/is totally half assed...then you have the LP freaks that spend a fortune in time and money then compare it to a digital rig that consist of a bargain bin CD player... All formats can and are good in there own ways...LP rig setup properly happen to be the most "musical systems" on earth always have been and most likely always will be.... snap, crackle, pop my **

TRVTH

Dave

True.

Each have positives and negatives.

I have not found one format to be sonically superior to the other when implemented properly, just trade offs. Many LPs do have a wonderful natural sound, but I have also found that same sound in the digital realm when using quality equipment. There are a lot of bad recordings out there that can give either format a bad name, that seems to be esp. true of newer digital recordings. Digital can do some things a turntable can't such as truly low bass and good multi-channel recordings (yes I remember quadraphonic). Digital also has an advantage for folks like me who have short attention spans. When I sit down to listen I like a lot of variety which is super easy on the computer, a PITA with the turntable. But there is a lot of old music I have no desire to try to replace with digital copies.

Regarding the OP, a tube phono preamp (Yaqin) was a big step forward in my system. Hope the Decware works out as well for you.

Marantz Clearaudio TT-15S1 Turntable & Clearaudio Virtuoso Ebony Cartridge - Long Frustrating I believe :) I'm thinking about picking up a Rega RP6 but don't think I would gain to much . I just started getting into vinyl . My next goal is a record washer 16.5 , Decware will be receiving my ZP3 Today so I should have it back in 1-2 weeks

That is a beautiful table/cartridge combo A1UC;-)

post-16574-0-95520000-1384980374_thumb.j

post-16574-0-48640000-1384980394_thumb.j

Shakey

Pop, Crackle, Hiss! LMBO

I see nothing childish in my post... Grado black entry level cartridge is one of the reasons why you have snap crackle pop... the true drawback to vinyl is you have to be anal retentive about setup and spend a few bucks on a decent cartridge that rides deep, properly aligned and weighted in the groove(I'm not talking a fortune). But realize every miniscule nerve racking thing matters! This can and is what drives folks away from vinyl. If you spend the time and a few bucks your opinion will change.

I run a Grado Signature (the old, 200.00 one) and it's great. No excessive "S-C-P Rice Krispies" here. Also an AT, a Shure, and a Stanton. All have their charms...and none cost a fortune. Must admit I'm sorta jonsin' for a Zu.

Dave

Edited by Mallette

I see nothing childish in my post... Grado black entry level cartridge is one of the reasons why you have snap crackle pop... the true drawback to vinyl is you have to be anal retentive about setup and spend a few bucks on a decent cartridge that rides deep, properly aligned and weighted in the groove(I'm not talking a fortune). But realize every miniscule nerve racking thing matters! This can and is what drives folks away from vinyl. If you spend the time and a few bucks your opinion will change.

There was a time, of course, when the average Joe just tossed on an LP, maybe using a DiscWasher or other brush, and enjoyed the music. I can still do that and it doesn't bother me.

I will agree that to really do it right requires some effort, but I get enjoyment anyway.

Bruce

I'm using a Decware Tori IV and a Decware phonostage ZP3 with RF7-II speakers, before I was using a Yamaha AS700 amp which sounded better with the speakers as I could turn the bass up and the treble down. I had to change the valves that came with the Decware setup (Russian) to NOS RCA's and Mullards, which was a big improvement, much warmer sound. I have found that the horn is overpowering and too harsh, so will be trying some Dynamat on the horn, have tried a resistor between the bottom and top banana plugs which has improved the sound a small amount. When I plug in my old speakers Paradigm Monitor 9's the sound is very clear and pleasant. I might have to get a preamp with bass and treble controls if I cannot improve the sound through the horns.

I mostly play vinyl records, though a CD player is hooked up, but the vinyl sounds a lot more warmer and detailed than the CD's.