Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

55 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Looks like you might be out of luck on the Ruby Throat but there is hope.

image.png.33e6f1b36a010c8dc6fbe61c44b368fa.png

image.png.b12a8a806b05a13928c927842ac88228.png

we have a large Hummingbird population here in the desert... I have no idea how they survive the subzero winters and 110º summers though

13 minutes ago, Schu said:

we have a large Hummingbird population here in the desert... I have no idea how they survive the subzero winters and 110º summers though

We have few hummingbirds in Michigan, as most local birds know the lyrics. 😉

• Haha 2

THESE are the good ol' days. You miss the past but cherish the present. My little girl who made her first communion just a few years ago (or so it seems) move to the other end of the country to make airplanes. I  missed her terribly. Last September she got transferred back here and now all is right with the word again. It's a rollercoaster, son, enjoy the ride.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

THESE are the good ol' days. You miss the past but cherish the present. My little girl who made her first communion just a few years ago (or so it seems) move to the other end of the country to make airplanes. I  missed her terribly. Last September she got transferred back here and now all is right with the word again. It's a rollercoaster, son, enjoy the ride.

Reminds me of when my oldest daughter moved to North Carolina.   It killed us.   She was there 2 years and is now only an hour and 45 minutes from here.  We were ecstatic when she moved back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Obviously I did not take the picture...

I already miss these days...

0209141343_kindlephoto-120083076.jpg

6 hours ago, MookieStl said:

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Reminds me of when my oldest daughter moved to North Carolina.   It killed us.   She was there 2 years and is now only an hour and 45 minutes from here.  We were ecstatic when she moved back.

Sounds familiar. My oldest daughter moved to Texas last year for college. We FaceTime talk every night but it's not the same, hopefully she will move closer to home some day. My wife cried herself to sleep every night for a few months 😞

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Mine was gone for 4.5 years! She's been living with us since September as she looks for a house. We're making up for lost time. I have three sons as well and they come and go, but there is just something about daddy's little girl!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Sounds familiar. My oldest daughter moved to Texas last year for college. We FaceTime talk every night but it's not the same, hopefully she will move closer to home some day. My wife cried herself to sleep every night for a few months 😞

Had already went through that phase previously when she went away to college. Fortunately it was only 110 miles away. Wife still cried for a while.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Mine was gone for 4.5 years! She's been living with us since September as she looks for a house. We're making up for lost time. I have three sons as well and they come and go, but there is just something about daddy's little girl!

Son in law was a captain in the marines and they were stationed there.  Before he got out he applied for various positions with a dozen or so companies.  As luck would have it they ended up close to us.  We see them every 2 or 3 weeks now as opposed to holidays.  I love it but they could still be closer!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Had already went through that phase previously when she went away to college. Fortunately it was only 110 miles away. Wife still cried for a while.

My daughter is 1200 miles away. My wife makes it out there 2-3 times a year. We fly her home for the holidays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My daughter is 1200 miles away.

That sucks.

When I was 18 I moved to FL and my parents still lived in NY.  I LOVED it but now that I have kids, I can appreciate what they must have gone through.  It's a completely different dynamic when you're the child as opposed to the parent.

• Like 2