Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well Peachy

I go to download my Pics of the feather river and i see my memory stick is missing/gone, that means it's out on the river somewhere.....Chit:o

Watch your evening news, likely you have already seen it. 

I'll get Pic's Monday next time out, Feather River is cresting Sun Morn. Farmers moving out equip. 

• Like 3

Just now, BigStewMan said:

Thanks Carl.  I realized how out of shape I am when i saw how long it was taking my heart rate to go back down to its resting pace.

That's a good indicator yes.  I've been trying to do some cardio lately but it's really hard to get your heart rate up with one bum knee.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

it's really hard to get your heart rate up with one bum knee.  

Carl,

Don't let a bum knee keep you from enjoying the benefits of exercise.

I've got two bum knees and total peroneal nerve palsy on my right leg with a posterior tendon transfer of my right foot.  Jogging is out of the question.  Treadmills don't work.  A 30 year-old NordicTrac gets my heart rate elevated at least 3 times a week.  It's like Washington's axe.  I've replaced the skis, the rollers, etc.; everything but the frame.  It's deadly dull, but watching TV helps to pass the time.

• Like 2

Morning gang

Water Be-a-Flowin in norcal

Everyone has always suspected WaterManagement of being complete morons, the verdict is in.

They Are.

Consumes River Levie has broken through in one spot, that would be south of me, just farms out that way.

Farmers are worried, many moving equip to high ground.

But the really important part is, the Coffee is done, must get some........

• Like 2

Morning yet again gang

Water is now confirmed to be flowing OVER the emergency spillway up Oroville way.

News coverage was 30 Sec.

No other news being reported.

Govt controlled Media Sucks, not one news station reporting....anything.

P.S. the emergency spillway has not been topped off since 97, and they did NOT have the inflow they have now.

Dam giving way is possible, as the dirt gets eatin away is what is going on at this moment.

Watermanagement worker wage(s) Average  $100K+, and be a moron. 

Taking the wife out for a Chefs Breakfast at a new Pub, feet remain dry for the moment.

• Like 3

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

I've heard that to be true of people from unique origins. Be it native Hawaiian, Indians, Japanese or any family who grew up in the city then go see their grandparents "back in the country". Which could mean actual country or "up thar in the hills"

Lol. Mom& dad understands it perfectly  but not the kids. Too funny. 

That's true, many times in South Louisiana the parents would speak french, and mix it with english. Somewhat to talk without the kids knowing what being said.

The problem with this is many of the kids lost the original dialect, now in most places it's english with a strong accent and some words thrown in that are cajun french.    This is part of the reason there are so many different accents, also New Orleans is a mix of everything so with this added in, there is no telling how they are going to sound. Odd for sure.

• Like 1