Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i've heard the other is very uncomfortable...they inject you with something that gets your heart really racing...i'll take the workout on the treadmill any day.

My brother had the chemically induced stress test yesterday, had to because of a bad ankle. He said it was a tremendous warm feeling that covered his body almost instantly. He felt like he wasn't in control. The results were excellent.

I did the treadmill test a few weeks ago. it was fun actually.....till the end:D

• Like 5

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Meh, I could be in a worse place. I'm next to one of the country top coffee houses. Sometimes life stops you in "rough" neighborhoods.:D

Oh and I'm on "vacation" for a week. 

That makes the problem not quite as bad.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, USNRET said:

I asked the teenage daughter if I should jazz'em up with multi-color tape.

That's true my granddaughter had a collection of different duct tape designs, don't know why really, even tape with bacon on it and many other paterns, could get fancy with it.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, minermark said:

Sounds like a Pub visit for me.

That would do it.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

A Cajun receipe I presume?

Could be, they will eat anything if it has a fair amount of seasoning.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Could be, they will eat anything if it has a fair amount of seasoning.

First you have to understand WHAT their telling you they're cooking. I have a French/Creole talking friend at work who happens to be the coolest guy ever. Understand him? Only every third word. :D

But man can he BBQ!! He gets that company grill fired up sometimes and let's it rip. Co-workers on their days off come into work to eat. Yeah, it's that good. 

• Like 3

Good Friday morning gang

Appears rain is moving on.

Impending disaster from the Cheap Dam up north.

They have opted to open the spillway so it eats out the rest of the face of the Dam.

Local entertainment at it's best.

Farm run for Donuts and restore power to the house well head.

Burrito breakfast on the way there, been needing that for some time.

I'll take the camera today, play Drama photog when the sun comes up.

• Like 4

Does Texas require you to apply for a new permit, or renew the one you already have? Is there a permit expiration date, or can you get a lifetime permit? I thought Texas had a pretty simple permit process? 

Here in Indiana, they're currently considering legislation for someone to carry a gun for 60 days without a permit just by obtaining a protective order against someone.

• Like 3

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Does Texas require you to apply for a new permit, or renew the one you already have? Is there a permit expiration date, or can you get a lifetime permit? I thought Texas had a pretty simple permit process? 

Here in Indiana, they're currently considering legislation for someone to carry a gun for 60 days without a permit just by obtaining a protective order against someone.

Each issuance is good for 5 years (birthday of 5th)
While the statute declares that an application must be approved (or disapproved) with 60 days mine took 74.
If you need bathroom material: http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-16.pdf

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Each issuance is good for 5 years (birthday of 5th)
While the statute declares that an application must be approved (or disapproved) with 60 days mine took 74.
If you need bathroom material: http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-16.pdf

I'm sure like most states, Texas is receiving record amounts of gun permit applications. Maybe that was the reason yours took longer than expected. Here, our renewal permit approval/denial time is quicker than a new application. Our 5 year permit is $30 I believe, we do have a lifetime permit that's around $100.

I did read some of your permit link. Your minimum age is 21, ours is 18, but you have to be 21 to buy a handgun here. I did notice Texas can deny your application if the Attorney General is pursuing you for child support payments, or delinquent local taxes.

• Like 2

In KS we are very liberal, open carry is legal no permit, license required. Even though I thought TX laws would be as liberal if not more I still thought best to contact TX Hiway Patrol before heading there for a motorcycle ride. Telling the officer my intent he welcomed us with open arms, loaded firearm tucked away in luggage. I asked about loaded piece in my coat on my person where he said "well if your pulled over and it's found on your person, I'm afraid your going to have a bad day". It takes a license to carry in TX apparently.

• Like 3