Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Survived the cardiac nuclear stress test...been a while since my heart rate got up into the 160s.  Didn’t get results yet; but, consider it a partial success since i didn’t keel over. It wasn’t that bad...the last minute or two i was starting to get a bit winded. Nearly fell asleep when they put in the imaging room to take pictures of my heart.

Just reading from the local fish wrapper that the median home here in the OC is over $745K.

• Orange County: The least affordable county in the region with 22 percent affordability vs. 23 percent in the previous quarter and 21 percent a year earlier. Households must earn $146,880 to comfortably pay house payments of $3,670 on the $745,160 median-priced house.

oh yeah, the median ain’t all that either -- just a regular old tract home.

Awesome news Steve. 

Those prices are about 5 times the average here. My wife watches the TV show Flip or Flop. They'll show a house that would be 100k here, and it sells for 550k there. How long can those numbers keep climbing. Doesn't Cal have the 7th largest economy of any country?

• Like 3

On 2/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, Ceptorman said:

Awesome news Steve. 

Those prices are about 5 times the average here. My wife watches the TV show Flip or Flop. They'll show a house that would be 100k here, and it sells for 550k there. How long can those numbers keep climbing. Doesn't Cal have the 7th largest economy of any country?

Iv learned over the years it's not just the OC that is a waste of life, it' the state.

• Like 4

Evening gang

Watching water management CYA.

What a joke.

Damage to the Dam so far $200Million + and it aint over yet.

Lets see if i can muster up some pics i took of the Feather on Friday.

Downstream from the Dam aprox 30miles, river is normal at 100' wide, now it's 1/2 mile wide toward the west flooding fields.

Normal depth is 17' + or- feet, currently 42' and rising.

And my Latest "Barn Find", currently discussing future ownership, he played around with this 34,(i think) in 1975,

Installed a 327 4 Spd, still runs just needs some TLC :emotion-21:

• Like 6

Good sunday morn gang

New Crepes and Burgers joint opened up after a year remodel, so i do believe we need to check that out.

Monday brings me to work on that Blue van parked next to the 34 truck.

Farmer installed a 350 auto in the Van, and i need to wire up the dual elect Fans.

I'll take the camera with me. never know what i will catch out there.

• Like 3

Welp, time to roust out the Lil woman, im getting hungry.

Crepes are on the menu, then a pub flyby, likely Swabbie's on the river. Man you talk about killer Taco's.

Swabbie's is NorCal Famous for these critters.....im looking at $50 lunch no Doubt. 

http://www.swabbies.com/

Welp, Swabbie's is closed, as well they should be, they are ON the River.

Secondary plan Costco, WallyWorld :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Good WTFKDIIT? <  What the Fk Day is it?

No Coffee, Single Malt is the fair, Amps warming.

Wife fed, sedated w/netflix.

A lil sipper of the Single Malt and a Smithwicks Chaser.....Let's see just what kind of trouble i can muster up here.

Pic's of the River shortly, took the wife for a little ride along the Leveie. < spellchk 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, minermark said:

.Do a Multipin Cannon Connector sometime

almost daily. Wednesday a Digital Fuel Quantity harness at aft wing web, potted and EMI backshell. Had contaminated probe and shorted probe faults during PBIT. F'ing Flamemaster potting compound has a 48 hour cure time.

• Like 3

Welp, i called it correct.

Emergency Evac in Oroville downstream.

Dam outflow has eatin away the face of the Dam , stupid fkn people controling the gates!

And now we pay for their stupidity!

Heading out, iv got six dusters to get out before midnight.

Farmers were quick to state...Bring Vodka

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

I agree Ceptor and what's the big deal with a multi-pin cannon connector? Whatever the hell that is ---!

No corrosion here (5 twisted pair into this). 2nd pic is internal to tank that mates with the first pic and whoever potted it did not separate pairs allowing compound to create tunnels and fuel entered creating a wet short.

Connector.jpg

Connector 2.jpg

• Like 3