Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

lady at work just commented that I was "all smiles."  Probably because i just came out of my boss' office after i told him that i moved my retirement date up...i'm leaving at the end of this month.  Found out that if i'm already retired on April 1st, i get a 2% cost of living raise.  People that retire April 1st or later, must wait until next April for a raise (if they have one next year...generally, it's less than 2%).  

So, i'm in the homestretch.

So you WILL be able to make it to Hope!

Yep, be careful what you wish for!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

So you WILL be able to make it to Hope!

still a no on that one ... i’ve still got to find a place to live, pack, and move. i hoping a realtor can find me a six-month rental -- i decided that i want to hang there awhile before buying a place. I will rent a place, short-term, on the advice of a realtor that comes recommended; but, if i get bad vibes -- i’ll have to take another trip up there and take care of stuff myself. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

lady at work just commented that I was "all smiles."  Probably because i just came out of my boss' office after i told him that i moved my retirement date up...i'm leaving at the end of this month.  Found out that if i'm already retired on April 1st, i get a 2% cost of living raise.  People that retire April 1st or later, must wait until next April for a raise (if they have one next year...generally, it's less than 2%).  

That's very exciting!  Congrats!

• Like 6

• Moderators
8 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Here is a pic of the little hook that got the door open....... This really saved the day.

Whatever works and is easier, that problem sounds like a PIA.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

See things are turning around for you already. :D 

• Like 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

3 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

Yup - stick with what you are good at  :wub:

:o:wub:

Ain't that a nice thing to say, well that's a good thing because if broken MPK probably couldn't fix it. :unsure: But maby the Boss could. :D

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

still a no on that one ... i’ve still got to find a place to live, pack, and move. i hoping a realtor can find me a six-month rental -- i decided that i want to hang there awhile before buying a place. I will rent a place, short-term, on the advice of a realtor that comes recommended; but, if i get bad vibes -- i’ll have to take another trip up there and take care of stuff myself. 

Smart move

• Like 4

Morning gang

Good news for the R to R guy's http://reelprosoundguys.com/

Phil has joined the Forum as of last night.

Now if i could just tweak his memory as to who i am.

Phil and i worked a gig in sacramento 15+ years ago, he left to chase his dreams.

It appears he found them.

37, feels like 20, too cold for Calif.

Coffee done, wanting Donut.

16682012_743311785837972_2112805993817629436_n.jpg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Congrats.....I'll bet you're counting down the hours now. I've always thought about moving someday. The idea of packing up everything and going to a new place sounds like an adventure. Good luck Steve.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Bill how is the finger doing?

Wonder if Luther has found a job?

Congrats Steve!

Chuck, the finger healed up well, thanks. I do have some shooting pain once a day, I think that's because the fingernail growing part was severed, the nail is fractured but growing out. I can use it, probably about 80% back to where it was. I still can't believe I did that:(

• Like 5

Morning all

Been a few REALLY busy weeks.

Got a lot of the little "annoyances" fixed on the Volvo.....runs like a scalded dog...holds a good 14lbs of boost when in it...been extremely happy with it so far.

Tallied up for all the little stuff I've spent getting it back into daily driver condition....I've got right at $2000 in it....guy stopped by the house on Monday asking about my little Civic....told him it needed a Transmission Lockout Solenoid but that it had 78,000 original miles and that A/C and all power worked....he took it for a drive and came back an offered me $2000 "as is"

So broke even!!!

• Like 7