Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

was talking to a friend about our internet. I was figuring someone 25miles from here, with a backhoe Oops'd a cable. Nah... rodent chewed it.

When we did landscaping I took out a fiber optic cable about 2" thick, they were not happy at all. We had them come out and mark but the cable was NOT where they marked so they couldn't say anything. But they did mumble alot, If I dug without calling it was a $25,000 fine to start, plus any repair cost, we ALWAYS called to get all utilities marked.

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You're obviously not from the snow belt.  Here's a tip if you ever visit there.  Don't eat or drink anything made from yellow snow.

You're welcome.

I know I look stupid but I'm not crazy, and I remember the song. Even made yellow snow before, really just made a hole in the snow, probably yellow underneath ?

20 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No Zappa videos!

You know he can't help himself, somethings not right with him, but he's fine, there are worse, and then there's this cat. :sad::ph34r2::o

beaker-the_00398977.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:
6 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Easily.  I see that picture and think, "Looks pretty as a picture, but being there has to suck." 

Today, we will have some blue skies mixed with some clouds and a high of 76 degrees.  That's what I'm talking about. ;)  

The winter isn't so bad unless it get's super cold and windy. There's something magical waking up to that site though...

I see the icy road in that picture and don't see anything magical.  I see bad driving conditions.  That stuff is just no fun down here.  We are not used to it.  We are not equipped for it.  We don't want to get used to it or be equipped for it.  I know of very few people down here who'd want our winters to be harsher.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I see the icy road in that picture and don't see anything magical.  I see bad driving conditions.  That stuff is just no fun down here.  We are not used to it.  We are not equipped for it.  We don't want to get used to it or be equipped for it.  I know of very few people down here who'd want our winters to be harsher.

there is ONE snowplow in the whole county ... and it a big one 9000sq miles. And it on top of the mountain

it is pretty comical to watch folks try to drive in it down here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

28577476_1695976570468561_4427408990598594560_n.jpg

${$station} Logo

STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

AFTERNOON STORM UPDATE 

AP_958100501517.jpg

Blizzard conditions are possible for the hilltops over the next few hours before conditions slowly improve.

Posted: Mar. 2, 2018 3:44 PM
Updated: Mar. 2, 2018 3:52 PM
Posted By: Bill Kardas

We're in the middle of a powerful winter storm that's impacting Central New York with heavy snow and wind. Widespread tree damage is being reported due to the heavy wet snow accumulation and we have numerous power outages. In addition, breezy conditions in the higher elevations are causing whiteout conditions. A rare blizzard warning is in effect for Otsego County this afternoon.

A blizzard warning is issued when three consecutive hours of 35mph or greater winds are combined with 1/4 mile or less visibility (whiteout conditions).  It's difficult to get the wind component to verify during storms in our area, which is why blizzard warnings are rare.  The hilltops in Otsego County could see these wind gusts today, but the rest of us will not see the strong wind.

As we move forward, the snow will *gradually* taper off throughout the course of the afternoon and evening. The bulk of the heavy accumulation is over for the majority of the area, but additional accumulation is expected. Based on the early reports, many areas will close in between 12-24" of accumulation. The high end of our forecast is likely going to verify, with 26" and counting in Worcester (Otsego County).

Expect poor driving conditions this evening, gradually improving in the lower elevations. Winds will gradually drop off tonight across the higher terrain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Windy here....gust to 40 mph and the pollen is taking over.  Been so warm azaleas will peak mid March which is not good for the Azalea Festival in mid April.  But with martini in hand I'll try not to fret.  Could be worse....could be snowed in with dirtmud and he doesn't drink.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Windy here....gust to 40 mph and the pollen is taking over.  Been so warm azaleas will peak mid March which is not good for the Azalea Festival in mid April.  But with martini in hand I'll try not to fret.  Could be worse....could be snowed in with dirtmud and he doesn't drink.  

break open in case of a emergency

IMG_20180302_180441.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

dont worry Chuck....the liquor store

is only down the street..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i saw a lady in a bar wearing a t-shirt that read, “Your Liver is evil and must be punished."

i should forfeit 500 points for the double prepositional phrase; but, it’s Friday ... and I don’t care. 

on second thought, i think “wearing a t-shirt” is actually a participle phrase not a prepositional phrase ... so even when i don’t care, i’m probably correct with my gut reaction. No wait, my gut reaction was that i was wrong ... time for a drink!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1