Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 minutes ago, USNRET said:

My previous life in the center seat. A little over 8,000 hours doing this. You will note that at 200' above the water number one engine is shut down to save fuel. At times we also shut down number 4 but were limited to a minimum of 1000' with two of the four shutdown. Is it any wonder that this aircraft suffers from corrosion from salt spray. Fun times...fun times...for kids, too old for this crap now.

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=RlS0-bZct5I&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw17qIrXL2r4%26feature%3Dshare&fbclid=IwAR3TIMzxtYatcopqtqpmn6OWEDdKjeJRGvmrZhruhmqzpaEqQVr4YMHV78I

• Like 3

• Moderators

Made a new sign to hang at the old Steam generating building by the airport. We're going there to clean up but mostly move things around so it can be a new stop when people go to the Pilgrimage, a new part of the Museum. We asked if we donated a sign if it could hang until something else comes along, the building was not yet marked as part of the museum.

The sign is 2' x 4' Red Cedar

sign.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Made a new sign to hang at the old Steam generating building by the airport. We're going there to clean up but mostly move things around so it can be a new stop when people go to the Pilgrimage, a new part of the Museum. We asked if we donated a sign if it could hang until something else comes along, the building was not yet marked as part of the museum.

The sign is 2' x 4' Red Cedar

sign.jpg

Good looking sign Elden.  I love the smell of cedar sawdust; reminds me of sharpening pencils, you know the old school analogue Ticonderoga #2s.

• Like 1

I'm sure there are better word's for a cool garage project, but my day off has me cutting Asian jasmine with a pair of scissors… in an attempt to stop it from growing, I used a weed eater Tuesday, so I can put down weed block and rocks that I got at half of a half of a discounted half price deal.... 2 pallets, normally 250, for 40 each... had to make two trip's in my pick-up the other day.... planned to finish today.... 

55 minutes ago, Davis said:

what is your concoction of choice for your first eve back in the saddle.

@CECAA850

Got an open bottle of Old Forrester 1910 that will probably get reopened.   The stuff is really good.  I really don't care for any of their other offerings but this stuff is da bomb.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Got an open bottle of Old Forrester 1910 that will probably get reopened.   The stuff is really good.  I really don't care for any of their other offerings but this stuff is da bomb.

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Son in law brought a bottle of Jeffersons Ocean and some Old Charter too.

Jeffersons Ocean is a very interesting idea. I have yet to try it.

I will raise a glass of 17 year old Eagle Rare and say Welcome Back

• Like 1