Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

In regards to the speaker destroyer, I just discovered his videos yesterday.  His gleeful irreverence to all things audio and also his destructive nature, just makes me laugh out loud when I see these drivers start to smoke and burn. Then these poor things, which use to make music, are smashed off the table with a weight plate.  For myself, a crack-up.  👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I haven't been there in some time.  The family cottage was sold so no real draw.  I'm 4 miles away from Wrightsville Beach and the strand/sand is nicer.  Parking is a problem though ($3.50/hour).

Our cottage was at Kill Devils Hill in between Nags Head and Kitty Hawk.  My favorite times to go was April/early May or September/October when kids are back in school and tourist not as thick.

Don't know how things are with little traveling.

Thank you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I don't have a cell phone.  I don't even know how to "text"

... and this is as social as I get on media.

I didn't get a cell phone until I was well into my 40s.  Neither did the wife until her and the kids were driving a few states over and I suggested getting a cell phone just in case of emergency. 

say, is it ever humid there and dry year round? I guess you're far enough west to get out of the humid band that hits Texas (not sure where that humid zone ends).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I didn't get a cell phone until I was well into my 40s.  Neither did the wife until her and the kids were driving a few states over and I suggested getting a cell phone just in case of emergency. 

say, is it ever humid there and dry year round? I guess you're far enough west to get out of the humid band that hits Texas (not sure where that humid zone ends).

Yes

It gets "humid" July - Sept.  It will get a stifling 30% and rain a little. They used to call the beginning of "monsoon" when the dew point was 54` or higher for 3 days in a row.  There is never an excess of rain. We will get 20in [all year] in a good year. Don't want you to think we get it all in monsoon... Half of that during the monsoon. Then we have another "wet" season in the winter. It usually gets nice right after the rodeo, golf tourney, gem show... Murphy sez.  Neither of these rainy periods are terribly productive or reliable.   One year, I think it went 10 months between significant rain.

so, yeah... it is pretty dry all year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Watching paint dry is more fun..

how are you guys keeping up in UTICA , down where we are , they are shutting services but all is steady , but a few cases

• Like 1

y'all can't tell me you don't watch Mythbusters just to see them blow something up

the supersonic ping pong ball was pretty cool for no explosions.

Mornin' all

Got a few cups of coffee down... I can be civil now.

Going for an out of house experience today. Wife has an appt with the eye Dr. I get to drive.  We might swing by the WhiteElephant after.  Wonder if those tribal coats are still there... if the place is open...

Our temps are trending downward ... toward normal. We might see a few days under 90`.... before 90 is average. The weather person was kinda funny. They were talking about the possibility of more rain, after we got wet last week.... They all but said, "Good luck with that before July". They did say they didn't see any thru the end of the month. ... and June is drier than May.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Up where you are... But over here

Just like watching paint dry

it's boat season and I'm going out on the lake , docks are fixed , fishing should be fun for a little bit --

• Like 2

Willie we've had lows in the upper thirties for about a week, highs just under 60 mostly or 70 that one day. Heck last month we were at 88 several days over 80 lots and it was great!

I want my global warming back!!

But heck I ravenously read Nat Geo from `68 - `75 before politics permeated everything including clothes being made with recycled plastic (NOT mine) selvedge baby!

It had been decided that a mini ice age was on the way and temps would fluctuate wildly for a couple thousand years before the deep plunge.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, grasshopper said:

One year, I think it went 10 months between significant rain.

Couldn't handle that, I like plants to much but do not like cactus.

16 hours ago, 000 said:

how are you guys keeping up in UTICA

They are ?

3 hours ago, 000 said:

it's boat season and I'm going out on the lake , docks are fixed , fishing should be fun for a little bit --

Couldn't live there either, if you have to have a "boat season" it's to cold, the opposite of Grasshoppers temperatures. Put me in the sissy category, I don't want to go to either

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

But heck I ravenously read Nat Geo from `68 - `75 before politics permeated everything including clothes being made with recycled plastic (NOT mine) selvedge baby!

It had been decided that a mini ice age was on the way and temps would fluctuate wildly for a couple thousand years before the deep plunge.

True but that changed when someone figured out after years there was money to be made on the other side of the spectrum, global warming, now there is a place to throw money. Heck even the guy who invented the internet figured it out and is cashing in to the point that teen girls are screaming it to get in on some of it.   

• Like 2

• Moderators

Got bored and had an idea :emotion-55:

Had a yellow shirt which is the right color for the background of the 1775 Gadsen flag so I made one for me...

Front and back, different angle/lighting so it looks like a different a different color/shirt but it's not.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

I thought Calvin Coolidge said that.  

Apologies to the writer's of the Andy Griffith show for ripping off that line. 

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Got bored and had an idea :emotion-55:

Had a yellow shirt which is the right color for the background of the 1775 Gadsen flag so I made one for me...

Front and back, different angle/lighting so it looks like a different a different color/shirt but it's not.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg