Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

I know grits are kind of a Southern thing, I like them but this was good.

She cooked shrimp and grits, it has shrimp, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic, butter, milk, chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoning. It's pretty rich but very good.

 

I started with this to taste it, had to taste it a second time.

 

 

A4943CF8-27AA-486E-9026-DAA3A605DCAB.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know grits are kind of a Southern thing, I like them but this was good.

She cooked shrimp and grits, it has shrimp, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic, butter, milk, chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoning. It's pretty rich but very good.

 

I started with this to taste it, had to taste it a second time.

 

 

A4943CF8-27AA-486E-9026-DAA3A605DCAB.jpeg

Oh man, that looks great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local restaurants call that Grits a Ya Ya in Pensacola. Pretty good 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dtel said:

I know grits are kind of a Southern thing

Polenta is a staple of Italian cuisine, whereas grits are a Southern staple. While polenta is made from ground yellow corn, grits are made from white corn (also called hominy). ... The most notable difference between the two is in the texture: polenta is much coarser, whereas grits are finer

 

 

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/very-soft-polenta-with-rock-shrimp-ragout

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 on the looks good

We would cook the corn mush a little harder, wrap the shrimp in it and call it a tamale

 

60` this AM. Feels a bit cool.

 

I have a wedding to attend/participate in, in 2 weeks. I'm the "best" man.

 Should be interesting. Bride is Lakota. Bride and groom will be in traditional [Lakota] garb. I am expected to wear my sarong and robe.

 

oh..  anyone watch Forged in Fire?

One of the guys that judges the knives wears a sarong.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

. Call me crazy but standing in front of a forge wearing a sarong seems iffy at best —. OSHA must not be involved in the show ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

oh..  anyone watch Forged in Fire?

One of the guys that judges the knives wears a sarong.

Must be working with a short sword.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richieb said:

 

. Call me crazy but standing in front of a forge wearing a sarong seems iffy at best —. OSHA must not be involved in the show ?

 

plenty of "contestants" get the "quick trim" on beards and eyebrows.  The guy in the sarong isn't forging.

 

OSHA would have gone crazy on us at the bowling alley. We wore sneakers and  seasonally, shorts and coats. Heating/cooling? Oh yeah.... heating in the summer and cooling in the winter.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to see a big picture here and it's not good.  It'll go off w/o a hitch but...  Could be interesting to say the least.  Pics or it didn't happen!  :)

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At that depth you could prolly catch about anything.  Good thing he snagged a couple others with it.  Eat it?  Oh h3ll NO!  You eat it and enjoy!  lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Polenta is a staple of Italian cuisine, whereas grits are a Southern staple. While polenta is made from ground yellow corn, grits are made from white corn (also called hominy). ... The most notable difference between the two is in the texture: polenta is much coarser, whereas grits are finer

 

 

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/very-soft-polenta-with-rock-shrimp-ragout

I had no idea what Polenta was, heard of it but had no idea.:emotion-21:

 

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We would cook the corn mush a little harder, wrap the shrimp in it and call it a tamale

I would try that also.

 

She just found this recipe and wanted to try it we have had it before but never tried to cook it.

 

It's my turn to do it next, it's going to be a little different than hers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shiva said:

He was fishing 2600 feet down!

Must be a hell of a big reel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the diversity we have, weddings can be interesting

 

 Gave the kittens a bath, Fleas. They don't give much of a fight... the kittens, that is.

 

 Must be getting some rain heavy clouds. Sat is pixelating.

Weather forecast called for a chance. We might get a little.... or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's my turn to do it next, it's going to be a little different than hers.

No, just say NO!  Another visual on Monday!  I can't take it!  First the wedding and now you stirrin the pot?  Ummm...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Must be a hell of a big reel.

 

swordfish. You would have an arm like Popeye to use a manual reel.  Electric all the way

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

oh..  anyone watch Forged in Fire?

One of the guys that judges the knives wears a sarong.

That's about as brave as frying bacon naked.

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Another visual on Monday! 

It would taste a little different but not look much different I guess so no pic.

 

Instead of the heavy cream and milk, I would boil all the shrimp heads and shells, then reduce that to however much liquid I need to make the grits. This should make it not quite as rich and less creamy and have more shrimp flavor. It's crazy how much flavor comes out of the heads and shells of shrimp, I do this on occasion to start a gumbo. Do the same thing with chickens for chicken gumbo.

Plus I would add more spices to make it a little hotter, she is somewhat chicken to add alot.

 

'

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait...  WHAT???  You leave the heads on?  Ok, THAT did it!  I'm warmin up the tubes but I'll be watchin cause it ALWAYS rolls down hill. Gonna be watchin EVERY bite I take in Hope!  Yes, sir..

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...