Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

On 11/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, WillyBob said:

Hi All

car people

I have a Q

 

How much difference in tire pressure to ambient temp?

Yesterday, wife head off to work, at 7AM, 40`.  Tire pressure idiot light comes on. She parks it and gets a ride with a co-worker.  I get to it around 10AM, 80`.  Put the gauge on all tires ... 32psi.  33 is recommended. So, I did not add any. This AM, I checked them .... 23 - 24psi. Brought them up to "cold" spec.

 Brings another Q

What constitutes a cold tire?

 

Is it a Honda Factory Tire Pressure Monitor or?

 

Wb

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

What constitutes a cold tire?

A couple of hours of non use is fine . If I am in the mountains and running them hard I check every morning before I go out .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

 

uh huh

and gittin' time to dig out "the robe".

about inch thick dark blue terry. 

TMI   😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have settled on a morning coffee ,and I don't feel the need to look any farther. Its a local place called TJs Roasters. I get a bag of their Ethiopia beans and a bag of their Guatemala beans and mix half and half in the grinder. This to me is perfect. Also the wife found this at TJ Maxx, and its works well for storing beans. Push the botton on top and it gets the the air out and seals the container. Its OXO brand. 

 

https://tjsroaster.com/shop

 

oxo-steel-pop-containers-set-of-5.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

 

Is it a Honda Factory Tire Pressure Monitor or?

 

Wb

 

nissan

 

off to a better start this AM. Still plenty of time for that to change.

 

@Dave1290

the robe is in conjunction with winter sarong. 

 

I'll be digging some warm clothing out next week. A fall/winter storm... with rain!! Talking snow to 6500ft. Interesting set up. Cold ramming into a late season tropical disturbance coming up western Mexico. Could get exciting east of here. NM, TX east of here.

 

Be cutting some wood this weekend. It will be a week after the rain stops before I will be able to get out.  It takes a few for the water crossings and things to dry out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr clean said:

I have settled on a morning coffee ,and I don't feel the need to look any farther. Its a local place called TJs Roasters. I get a bag of their Ethiopia beans and a bag of their Guatemala beans and mix half and half in the grinder. This to me is perfect. Also the wife found this at TJ Maxx, and its works well for storing beans. Push the botton on top and it gets the the air out and seals the container. Its OXO brand. 

 

https://tjsroaster.com/shop

 

oxo-steel-pop-containers-set-of-5.jpg

 

Oh Yeaaa! Lock those beans down, especially after grinding them and it will taste the best it can be!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Was reflecting to my trip last year and the car. I made maximum use of cargo space in that little car.  It has a space 37in wide [between the wheel wells], 2 feet of clearance thru the hatch/rear door and 4 feet plus an inch or two for padding, if I moved the seat forward an inch from its rear position.  Some "smaller" cu/ft speakers, thinking of the tall ones would not fit.  plywood LS just fit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

 

Oh Yeaaa! Lock those beans down, especially after grinding them and it will taste the best it can be!

 

When I retire in a couple of years I will have another item that I will want to keep fresh in one of these!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mason jars work just fine.  big thing to long term storage.   keep it out of the sun/light. 

I have examples 3 years+ old. Still quite palatable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Lock those beans down, especially after grinding them and it will taste the best it can be!

 

I grind beans one pot at a time. Always fresh. If you must pre-grind, for sure. And refrigerate

 

that "good smell" is flavor escaping

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

 

I grind beans one pot at a time. Always fresh. If you must pre-grind, for sure. And refrigerate

 

that "good smell" is flavor escaping

Me to. I just like to keep the beans fresh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

 

I grind beans one pot at a time. Always fresh. If you must pre-grind, for sure. And refrigerate

 

that "good smell" is flavor escaping

Yea being a former addict myself and having those 12-step meetings just change me over to coffee as my choice drug I do too.

But then there is today when i get the pork chops cooked in time after getting mom's meds, breakfast in her, both of us showered, two loads of laundry done.....

Two matinees today first intermission is almost up for my `Canes up 2-0 over the Timberwolves and Tigers going 11-0 real soon.

So second coffee being only the 20 oz min for my pot I ground for 5 seconds and got too much. It will still be fresh the next time I need a fix!

 

IMG-20191116-140138.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I grind beans one pot at a time.

serious coffee drinkers grind it one bean at a time.  But, i applaud your efficiency. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

serious coffee drinkers grind it one bean at a time.  But, i applaud your efficiency. 

Your supposed to grind them.

 

or

 

th (2).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtel said:

Your supposed to grind them.

 

or

 

th (2).jpg

is that a coffee bean?  I’d be ascared of it because it looks like chocolate. chocolate is pure evil. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark chocolate covered espresso beans.  My favorite.   Around here they're called buzz beans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yea being a former addict myself and having those 12-step meetings just change me over to coffee as my choice drug I do too.

But then there is today when i get the pork chops cooked in time after getting mom's meds, breakfast in her, both of us showered, two loads of laundry done.....

Two matinees today first intermission is almost up for my `Canes up 2-0 over the Timberwolves and Tigers going 11-0 real soon.

So second coffee being only the 20 oz min for my pot I ground for 5 seconds and got too much. It will still be fresh the next time I need a fix!

 

IMG-20191116-140138.jpg

I did some things, I should have not done in the past, but never spun completely out. Always liked to smoke more than anything, and can say without a doubt I would never do more than smoke a little weed after retirement. I liked the Coke for awhile back in the 80s and 90s, but I value living more than getting the ticker going 100 mph these days.Been 25 years away from the crazy shit. I hardly drink either. Would have never guessed, I would get away from it when I was younger. I had a few buds that moved alot of blow in those days! Im much happier now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mr clean we're probably close to the same age. It was alcohol, weed, some pills and one year of wasted $$ on that powder for me.  Shouldn't have said "former", I'm still here. Do enjoy a shot or two of bourbon infrequently but that's my limit now. You stay clean & happy friend!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...