Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Whilst you fine folks are drinking your coffee…let me tell you how i did nothing and ended up a hero.

State of California calls our HQ and says they provided services on a contract that i manage and there isn’t enough money on the contract to pay.  This sort of thing doesn’t go over well with my bosses. I get into work this morning and see an email from my boss saying “let’s discuss.”  I know he’s freaking out because he’d have to go before the County Board of Supervisors and explain this.  When he walks in i tell him, “They’re wrong and I’ll prove it.”  Took me about 15 minutes to find “their” mistake…a conference call with the State and all was resolved.  in the mean time, i had already asked our accountants to provide the contract balance--they reply and it matches my spreadsheet exactly.  So, now the boss is super happy that everything is cool, and he’s thanking me several times.  So, i’m the hero that saved him after a night of stressing about this…when in fact i did nothing other than tell him where the State was wrong.  i don’t feel like a hero though … fireman and the burrito lady at the Del Taco -- those are your real heroes. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Never went to sleep yet, started to fall asleep watching something about 2000 year old carvings in mountains and got up and checked here, It's a habit I guess. I have no idea really, might as well go to sleep. ;)

I was going to make a pot of coffee, but then remembered im out of the Duggans...dam.

Need to fix that later today.

I see the pic of your active crossover, you have it a tad easier adjusting Freqs then i do, im will go hunt for a pic of mine, then you will feel better playing with four knobs.

• Like 1

Yes the adjustments that can be made are ridicules, but I can't lie, I leave it set with the exact settings that were decided on by Roy Delgado after they were ran in the anechoic chamber. I'm not really a tinkerer with this stuff, I just want the music. :D A little embarrassing considering everything, I wouldn't know where to start with a setup like yours.    :mellow:

Looks like this

Iv got a few more adjustments on my end, and no kidding, one little tweek of a knob screws everything up if i dont remember where i had it set.

But overall, id never buy a unit with less than this, i can dial in Patsy Cline's voice like she is standing in front of you. or Randy Roads solo hearing his fingers sliding on the strings.

post-57941-0-13600000-1417766130_thumb.j

• Like 2

Ahhhhh Friday.

As far as the premium/regular thing goes...................................  If you vehicle has the ability to advance cam and ignition timing, you'll normally get better fuel mileage with premium as opposed to regular.  Whether or not the increase in mileage is enough to pay for the price difference between regular and premium varies from model to model.

• Like 4

First coffee goin down just fine WITHOUT the Duggans, must address that today :(

Nothing planned, rain on the way, they say the first of three storms :wacko: 

Looking at my 8' table filling with Boat goodies, other than Nav/Cabin lighting, i think im almost there B)

Today's project, see if i can talk Dtel into playing with his adjustments on active crossover :ph34r:

• Like 3

Whilst you fine folks are drinking your coffee…let me tell you how i did nothing and ended up a hero.

I suspect that if you are the person that sold your 12 acres of land to Google Inc. for the $120 million and now buying Klipsch for the forum, you would be a hero to all. :emotion-51:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-22:  :wink:

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-playa-property-sale-20141203-story.html#page=1

Here, let me pour you a cup of coffee.  Do you take cream or ketchup in your coffee? :tongue:

coffee pouring .gif

• Like 7

According to our local newspaper, gas will be below $2 a gal by summers end.

I’m still paying $3.05 here in SoCal--more if i go to one of the big guys (Chevron, Mobil, Shell, etc…)

i should point out that is for Premium as that as what BMW claims i should use (although i don’t know if that is true. grease monkey at work told me that legally cars must run perfectly fine on the lowest octane).  But, since i’m closer to a brain surgeon than a mechanic--i buy the expensive stuff.

Yeah, well my problem was/is, i was on day number three of adjusting the active crossover, when i had my visit from The Wacco Nam Vet, so i never got to dial in my current system at any kind of wattage, im thinkin New Years Day, fk them, im crankin it.

Just play the Star Spangled Banner...any of the 3 versions by Hendrix. The whole neighborhood should fall in line and to attention.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Today's project, see if i can talk Dtel into playing with his adjustments on active crossover

It's not going to happen, the knobs on the outside are only the input volume and output volume, the programs are on the little screen or connected to a computer. Since you can make a bunch of programs I played with it once and left the original program alone just made a new one, I just made it sound worse so I stick with the original.

I can guarantee you have more experience with this than me, I am  plug and play person. :blink:   I bought the DX used from JC a forum member, he put the program in it for me I didn't even do that part. :o  I plugged it in and it played :lol:

You may understand some of this :huh:

Mains voltage 90-250 VAC / 50-60 Hz Power consumption 20 watts Safety Class I Inputs 2 x XLR IN, electronically balanced, transformer optional available
2 x XLR OUT (Direct Out) Input Voltage (nom./max.) +6 dBu (1.55V) / +30 dBu (24.5V) Input Impedance 20 kΩ Input CMRR > 40 dB AD-Conversion 24-bit, Sigma-Delta, 128 times oversampling, linear phase Outputs 4 x XLR OUT, electronically balanced Outputs Voltage (nom./max.) +6 dBu (1.55V) / +21 dBu (8.7V) Output Impedance < 100 Ω Min. Load Impedance 600 Ω DA-Conversion 24-bit, Sigma-Delta, 128 times oversampling Frequency Response (-0.5dB) 20 Hz–20 kHz Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 115 dB Distortion w/o transformer < 0.01% Distortion w/ transformer < 0.05% Frequency Crossovers 6, 12, 18, 24 dB/oct. slope;
Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley Filters 26 parametric equalizers
Low-Shelving equalizer, LPN (Lowpass-Notch) switchable
Hi-Shelving equalizer, 6 / 12 dB slope switchable,
Lo-Cut filter (B-6 alignment switchable), Hi-Cut filter, All-Pass filter Compressor / Limiter 4 digital compressors / limiters Delay 3 master delays (2 ms–900 ms);
4 channel delays (0 ms–900 ms); delay-increment 21 µsec. Data Format 24-bit linear AD / DA conversion, 48-bit processing Sampling Rate 48 kHz MIDI IN / OUT / THRU Data Dump / Master-Slave operation / Remote Control Display 122 x 32 Dots, graphic LC-Display with LED-background lighting Dimensions (HxWxD) 4.36 x 48.3 x 37.4 cm
(1.72" x 19.0" x 14.7") Weight 5 kg (11 lbs)

• Like 3

I can guarantee you have more experience with this than me, I am  plug and play person.    I bought the DX used from JC a forum member, he put the program in it for me I didn't even do that part.   I plugged it in and it played   You may understand some of this

You both are light years ahead of me with your active x-overs.  I envy your knowledge.  When I bought my Khorns I also bought the seller's tube pre & amp and a Nak SS PA7AII amp.  He had them bi-amped with no active x-over.  Although I wanted to, I never had them hooked up that way and ended up selling the tube pre/amp and the Nak earlier this year.  Been running them with just my Sansui 9090DB, but a thread on tube mini-amps has me intrigued to someday pick up an inexpensive tube amp and initially try using the Sansui for the pre and LF and a tube amp for the HF.  I would need an active x-over, right?  That is wear you experts come in.  Maybe I can start a PM conversation if you are game, so not to clog up C&C?  I would say I too am more of a plug & play person and active x-overs have me a tad intimidated, but it's just a learning curve thing.

• Like 3

Breakfast = Pub & bag of BBQ chips two Smithwicks :emotion-21:

Wally World = Ammo :emotion-21:

Smart&Final = Bulk food :emotion-21:

Show the wife a good evening after her work day =  Pub :emotion-21:

Rite Aid Drug Store = Duggans, fk yeah :emotion-21:

Farmer Bud called, wants to shoot river rats wile consuming mass quanity's of Libations @3:30am, count me in :smile:  :emotion-41: 

• Like 5

• Moderators
I envy your knowledge.

Your obviously not talking about me :o

I was smart enough to buy from someone smart, JC, he programed it for me and I just plugged it in and have been listening ever since, and right now.  :D

I love the old Sansui receivers, I had a 8080 many years ago and like an idiot gave it away. :(

• Like 6

• Moderators
minermark, on 05 Dec 2014 - 6:57 PM, said:minermark, on 05 Dec 2014 - 6:57 PM, said: Farmer Bud called, wants to shoot river rats wile consuming mass quanity's of Libations @3:30am, count me in

Are we talking real rats or nutria which we call rats also.  3:30 am, no way not me, fishing possibly yes 

You know your from the South when you have tried Nutria jerky before :o it's pretty good really :lol:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3