Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I see the wife is up, have been thinking about that new coffee mug, i believe im looking for the one that has to be plugged in, keeps contents hot.

See a few on the web, dont think i want a USB unit, god knows im pushin my PC as it is.

post-57941-0-99080000-1417878686_thumb.p

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Finishing up the second cup, then back to the garage to finish up some repairs on the Jeep.  Then I need to run to the salvage  yard and dealer ship looking for some hard to find parts that wore broke last night.  Dang old plastic stuff all ways braking on me. 

• Like 5

Tarheel - On Big Ben .... no reason to be jealous!! Later guys

Thanks Chuck......I said to myself she's only been gone a week and taking up with a guy named "Big Ben" :mad:

Guitar is not an easy instrument to learn!  Have to turn you hand into a claw not to touch unwanted strings :wacko:  

Car show was ok but not great.  Stopped by the bakery for a cinnamon roll to top off the cheese egg sandwich. 

Welcome Rhetor to our coffee klatch! 

• Like 4

Thank you for warm welcome, Gentlemen!

My coffee today? Just regular Starbucks beans.

My tasks today already have magnified . . . my elderly mother just moved in two weeks ago with us (my lovely wife and I are empty-nesters) for a long convalescence . . . between Mom and the sincerely better half (mom likes my wife more than me) today's task list are growing!

Got mom up and breakfasted and sitting in a chair watching some TV. She (and her 2 little dogs too) loves the surround sound on the plasma. Asked her what she wanted for the big meal today . . . "Pot roast in a slow cooker." I was hoping for a ham sandwich!

Got the pot roast into the slow cooker an hour ago.

Now about to install three bathroom/bedroom handrails for her.

Oh, and wife just asked me to install today the new kitchen lights which have been in the basement for a month.

Now someone wants to see something they are interested in I am selling on local CL.

Oh, and ai have to install the medical trapeze today.

Did my wife just say I need to install a garage door opener too? We have lived fine without it for 10 years. Ha, ha!

I guess I am off to Lowes to get some small hardware items to tweak my installs.

I need more coffee! ;-)

• Like 6

Welcome Rhetor!  Wish you were in my area...looks like you need something to do  :lol:, and I have a list of projects.

On cup # 2 of Cameron's Highlander Grog...up too late last night listening to some new tunes.   Need to make a gas run up over the IL/WI border.  They have more pure gas up there which I run in the chain saws and 2-cycle stuff.  Need some vodka for some BM's and on the rocks.  May get up on the roof to clean the two chimney runs for the wood stoves,...or creatively procrastinate another day.  Weather more mild here lately and in the near future...just barely getting into the 40's.  Have a great weekend!  Oh, it's Saturday for your retirees, but I guess everyday is a weekend for you :)

• Like 5

Welcome Rhetor!  Wish you were in my area...looks like you need something to do  :lol:, and I have a list of projects.

On cup # 2 of Cameron's Highlander Grog...up too late last night listening to some new tunes.   Need to make a gas run up over the IL/WI border.  They have more pure gas up there which I run in the chain saws and 2-cycle stuff.  Need some vodka for some BM's and on the rocks.  May get up on the roof to clean the two chimney runs for the wood stoves,...or creatively procrastinate another day.  Weather more mild here lately and in the near future...just barely getting into the 40's.  Have a great weekend!  Oh, it's Saturday for your retirees, but I guess everyday is a weekend for you :)

Thanks . . .

62 degrees and sprinkling here in Atlanta. So all inside work for me.

I am lucky . . . gas station near me just put in a high octane ethanol-free pump a year ago . . . no more long runs for gas!

Is there a rush on the chimney cleaning? Maybe it will be a mild winter and you really can procrastinate on it! Chimney cleaning is always so much better below 32 degrees, right? ;-)

Half way through the light install . . . time for a coffee break!

• Like 5

My wife insisted on getting a Keurig for the house... It costs more per cup, but they sure are consistent and always a fresh cup. I usually get the cheapest I can find, but have been going through a lot of Seattle's Best.

Bruce

• Like 5

• Moderators
Marvel, on 06 Dec 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

My wife insisted on getting a Keurig for the house... It costs more per cup, but they sure are consistent and always a fresh cup. I usually get the cheapest I can find, but have been going through a lot of Seattle's Best.

Bruce

Maby try one of those aftermarket cups made for the Keurig, refill it with your normal brand much cheaper. I looked at them when we had that machine but never tried it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-NEW-Solo-Reusable-Single-Cup-Keurig-Filter-Pod-K-Cup-Coffee-Stainless-Mesh-/251608469534?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item3a9508901e

• Like 5

Bruce

:emotion-21::emotion-44: I need to find a bud who gas one of those critters, think the next time i see those refills in the store ill pick up a few, so i can sample. :smile:

• Like 3

Good afternoon gang:

Back home after my farmer breakfast, weather is gloomy so no flyin today.

hit the Depot for another 8 strands of LEDs for my front yard tree. year three for my 16' light tree.

I add 4 or 5 strands a year, 13' strand of LEDs cost like 4bucks each.

Think im running aprox 14 now.

Time for wiring Tunes and Libations, so will post now in the drinkin thread. :ph34r:

• Like 3

• Moderators
I need to find a bud who gas one of those critters, think the next time i see those refills in the store ill pick up a few, so i can sample

We had one after they first came out, it was convenient and was really good. The thing I didn't like about it was the model we had was made for a normal coffee cup not a larger one like I use, but they may have fixed that by now ? And it was a good bit more expensive than how I normally made coffee, it may be better now since almost every brand has there coffee in those little cups now.

• Like 2

The newer Keurig has a selection button for large or regular cups.  I still use the Mr. Coffee though it doesn't get the water hot enough.  I nuke the coffee for about 25 seconds after brewing.  I also have the adaptor for the Keurig so that you can use your own coffee rather than the pre packaged units.  How old is the coffee in those little packages?  Still drinking Mayorga from Costco.

Going to head out to hear a little acoustic music down town by the river.  Starts early so home before 9:30. 

• Like 3

That

I still use the Mr. Coffee though it doesn't get the water hot enough.  I nuke the coffee for about 25 seconds after brewing

That's my biggest issue with coffee.  We have a Cuisinart with 3 temp options and have it at the hottest.  I am nuking my coffee way too much.  I like it really hot.  Have one of those electric warmers to keep it warm, but haven't used it in years.  It's not like I have a cup of joe sittin' around long.  Although the Cuisinart is decent, the next choice must excel and brewing really hot coffee and the burner be hotter.  Coffee, HOT, HOT HOT, please.  Beer almost as cold as you can get it before it starts to freeze.  Pretty simple demands.  "All I ask is what I have coming to me,... all I ask is for my fair share."  Sally Brown  (Charlie's little sister).

• Like 2

Going to head out to hear a little acoustic music down town by the river.  Starts early so home before 9:30. 

There's still outdoor music venues happening around?  Why do I live in the Midwest?  Have fun! 

• Like 2

$2.65 here in Wilmington, NC.

Yes Tarheel, but how much in Italy...and are there cute young guys pumping it for American women?

Are you stirring the pot Earl?  The lady only has eyes for me :rolleyes:

Me? Stirring the pot??

I am truly hurt, Tarheel. :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

• Like 4

All done with the kitchen lights install . . . took 7 hours! Way too long up and down a ladder . . . had to rewire. None of the lights were grounded by the previous owner. He just cut the ground wires off short and let them hang. Another fine home repair mess I got myself into. I have got to get a full-time job again to pay someone to do this stuff! :-)

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 4

Good afternoon gang:

Back home after my farmer breakfast, weather is gloomy so no flyin today.

hit the Depot for another 8 strands of LEDs for my front yard tree. year three for my 16' light tree.

I add 4 or 5 strands a year, 13' strand of LEDs cost like 4bucks each.

Think im running aprox 14 now.

Time for wiring Tunes and Libations, so will post now in the drinkin thread. :ph34r:

Where's the pic of the tree, Bro?

• Like 4