Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
ChuckAb3, on 12 Dec 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

dtel, on 12 Dec 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Rhetor, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:Rhetor, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:CECAA850, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

dtel, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:dtel, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

True, I must admit I am quite intimidated by Chucks organ.

Organ envy?

That looks like an organ transplant to me.

You can bet it's a transplant, it surely never just grew there, Chuck can't fool us with a story like that.

He does seem to play with it alot. :blink:

It does take constant dedicated practice and concentration!!

Like Boxx would say..... :o  :o

• Like 3

Good morning from the far northwest! Coffee is delightful today even if it's only a kcup. I think this is casual enough without a thread hijack - I have a poll of sorts of the group: I want nothing for Christmas but wife and mother want a list - any blu ray concerts out there that you'd recommend? I enjoy those. Have some, Eagles, doobie bros, dave Matthews, Chris Botti, toto. Would love some suggestions. Have a great day and Happy Friday to the un-retired!

Hi Dave -- One of my favorites is Moody Blues -- Lovely to See You.  YES 35th Anniversary is a nice one too -- one disk has their rehearsal (comically narrated by Rick Wakeman) -- it’s an acoustic performance.  Having met Brian May several times--I’m always quick to recommend an nice Queen concert. I know they recently realized their 1974 Live at the Rainbow concert--not sure if it’s just audio or both--but, it’s an excellent show.

• Like 5

We are not the the only one's on this thread to have taken a primary role in caring for a loved one...

Spent an August through December taking care of my late wife, as she progressed with Malignant Melanoma. Doing fine to bedridden to Glory in four months. We had hospice care for her, from Thanksgiving to the end, which was an incredible help. Last month and a half I was off work and home with her.

Bruce

ps I tried the Keurig filter you use to put in your own coffee, but it's a real pain to clean the filter (unless the make little paper filters to go in the wire filter basket...).

Bruce . . . an amazing act of love.

• Like 4

• Moderators

We are not the the only one's on this thread to have taken a primary role in caring for a loved one...

Spent an August through December taking care of my late wife, as she progressed with Malignant Melanoma. Doing fine to bedridden to Glory in four months. We had hospice care for her, from Thanksgiving to the end, which was an incredible help. Last month and a half I was off work and home with her.

Bruce

ps I tried the Keurig filter you use to put in your own coffee, but it's a real pain to clean the filter (unless the make little paper filters to go in the wire filter basket...).

Bruce . . . an amazing act of love.

True, Bruce is a good man, I was lucky enough to meet him once, you couldn't find a nicer guy. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Not that I know of but one thing for sure, if they clone you I will buy stock in del taco and ketchup. :D

I do have a question for you, I have seen a picture of you and it does not look like your avatar, unless you have lost weight since all the troubles after the truck incident ?

• Like 1

Not that I know of but one thing for sure, if they clone you I will buy stock in del taco and ketchup. :D

I do have a question for you, I have seen a picture of you and it does not look like your avatar, unless you have lost weight since all the troubles after the truck incident ?

most likely yes.  that’s the only avatar i’ve ever had and was done back in 2007 i think.  yeah, lost weight since then … once upon a time was 234--two years ago was down to 173 (back when it was just me and my fork) but since my older brother moved here with me, he’s a regular guy that had furniture, dishes, etc… and keeps food in the house -- i’m probably about 193 right now (and starting to feel some of those old familiar ailments creeping back).  case in point … i hurt myself sleeping the other night.  felt fine when i went to sleep and woke up with the bottom of my foot very painful and can’t move my middle finger without a shooting pain down my hand…must have flipped someone off during the night and hurt my foot while running away.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

Bruce

i remember you posting about this before Bruce, and i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again--my heart aches knowing what you BOTH endured. I’m very happy that you’ve found love again and it sounds like you’re happy and doing okay.

Seems that I may recall that Bruce. Agree that is nice you found someone to love again.

It seems love is the bond that endures.

Thanks!

• Like 4

• Moderators
Good morning from the far northwest!

Your not kidding when you say far Northwest, you can't get much further North or West than Wasilla, Alaska ! :o  :D 

I would feel sorry for you considering the temps up there but your in a world class fishing and hunting area, which if you don't freeze would be unbelievable.

• Like 5

Good morning from the far northwest! Coffee is delightful today even if it's only a kcup. I think this is casual enough without a thread hijack - I have a poll of sorts of the group: I want nothing for Christmas but wife and mother want a list - any blu ray concerts out there that you'd recommend? I enjoy those. Have some, Eagles, doobie bros, dave Matthews, Chris Botti, toto. Would love some suggestions. Have a great day and Happy Friday to the un-retired!

Concert Blu-rays are my favorite to collect.

Hi Dave -- One of my favorites is Moody Blues -- Lovely to See You.  YES 35th Anniversary is a nice one too -- one disk has their rehearsal (comically narrated by Rick Wakeman) -- it’s an acoustic performance.  Having met Brian May several times--I’m always quick to recommend an nice Queen concert. I know they recently realized their 1974 Live at the Rainbow concert--not sure if it’s just audio or both--but, it’s an excellent show.

I agree with Steve...Moody Blues - Lovely to See You is fantastic.  Two more I really like are:

51P2yrRXQTL._AA160_.jpgand  51JFQ6SRTCL._AA160_.jpg

• Like 4

It's noteworthy that the organ in question is a bonafied tone wheel type which guarantees it to be in tune every time all the time. Very few disappointments with such an instrument.

See the great Jimmy Smith do the Midnight Special on Chucks organ here !!! Features some insane guitar playing by a young Mark Whitfield.

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 3

• Moderators
(back when it was just me and my fork)

That's funny, glad your brother is there now.

I don't think it's the weight but rather your getting older. :o  I have done the same thing, one night I went to sleep with my arm hanging out the bed the wrong way, I could barely move it for 3 days.

• Like 1

Fasten your seat belts guys we are approaching 4500 replies and nearly 37,000 views on this thread so far. 

Breakfast with buds then took Jake to the dog park.  He spends more time sniffing and peeing on trees than he does playing with other dogs :mellow:

LF is in Paris.  Just sent me some photos.  She is a cutie and I'll be glad to see her on the 20th.

Guitar chords are hard and the going is slow.  Finger tips are getting tougher. 

Oysters tomorrow night.  Oh boy!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Well everyone in this state have been complaining water, we got a little.

14 straight hours of rain from 7am yesterday to 8pm last night, have not seen totals as of yet.

First cup going well, to be followed by many more.

I see chuck is talking about his Organ again, it must be impressive.

post-57941-0-31620000-1418413673_thumb.j

• Like 5