Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

LF is on her way back to the States.  Her taxi to the airport was a Mercedes!   She bought a lacy thong in a fancy lingerie shop and said it was for me.  I replied back "for me to wear or see it on you?"

Guitar practicing is going slow.  My fingers just don't cooperate with some of the chords :mellow: Especially the little finger. 

Had some good oysters and a few drinks Saturday night.  The cook alternated batches for those that like them wet or dry.  I ate both.

Jake needs a bath so that is on my list for this week.  I'm sure it's not on his list.  The challenge is to lift his lard a$$ into the tub (115 pounds).  Bought his Christmas lunch yesterday.....a pound of beef meant for stews which I will grill for the big day. He will just wolf it down in a few bites without chewing.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Sounds like you and Jake will have a great Christmas. May want to throw on some oysters on the grill while you're cooking jake's feast.  On the mercedes taxi, we were in Germany visiting my daughter and grandson this time last year and were amazed to find that Mercedes are as common in parts of Europe as Chevy's are in the States. My son-in-law explained that there are many models sold there which are not exported to the U.S. and that they don't have the huge import taxes and luxury penalties added on. Sigh. Have a great day guys and, as always, Cheers!!

• Like 6

We have never coached anything before, plus I know barely anything about basketball.

Make it fun! My son plays on the 5th grade BB team. His coach has an interesting style. We have only one offensive play and everything works off that one play. We only play man to man defense. We have 12 players so we don't worry too much about conditioning. If you get open on offense he wants you to get the ball no matter what your skill level is. We are 5-1 and in second place so far this season. We are 2-0 against the 6th grade team in scrimmages. It's a neat system.

• Like 7

Coaching kids can be rewarding and frustrating all at once.  Just don't think of every game as game 7 of the NBA finals and you'll be fine.  The main things you want the kids to do is have fun and learn a little bit each practice. 

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 8

• Moderators
billybob, on 16 Dec 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

Tarheel, on 16 Dec 2014 - 07:52 AM, said: Had some good oysters and a few drinks Saturday night. The cook alternated batches for those that like them wet or dry. I ate both

Thinking you managed the oysters as a gift for LF...good thinking... :)

Oysters don't really work like they say, :o  we get them by the sack and I have never noticed a difference. :rolleyes:

Although I tend to get "excited" just thinking about another sack of oysters, maby I misunderstood the whole thing ? :blink:

• Like 5

Afternoon Gang

Just back in from the farm run, came back W/Gallon of Orange Blossom honey, 5 Gal bucket of shelled Walnuts :)

Dam farmers live the high life im tell ya.

Picked up some 12&20Ga Game loads at their request, yeah like a case each...dam heavy.

Noticed in the rice fields driving out there, Thousands of Ducks/Geese everywhere.

I wonder what they are having for xmas dinner?

• Like 6

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 16 Dec 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:

dtel, on 16 Dec 2014 - 2:23 PM, said: Oysters don't really work like they say, we get them by the sack and I have never noticed a difference.

Guys don't need them. ;)

So it works on women, then I need more oysters !

• Like 4

CECAA850, on 16 Dec 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:

dtel, on 16 Dec 2014 - 2:23 PM, said: Oysters don't really work like they say, we get them by the sack and I have never noticed a difference.

Guys don't need them. ;)

So it works on women, then I need more oysters !

Lol,

Eat more oysters... :)

We still have some nice ones occasionally.

Tarheels opinion will be helpful.

Apalachicola just down hwy 65 from where we are.

• Like 2

Guitar practicing is going slow.  My fingers just don't cooperate with some of the chords  Especially the little finger. 
Totally normal Chuck -- my little finger is so uncoordinated.  Reminds me of steve martin trying to snap his finger in rhythm in the movie The Jerk.  Stick with it though--one day it will all start coming together and you’ll say “i don’t suck." 
  • Like 5

Good morning, Gents . . .

Drinking some kind of a hazelnut flavored preground stuff this morning.

Chuck, you make me want to get one of my guitars out and play again . . . it has been 10 years. The only callouses I think I have left are not on my finger tips, but one callous on each butt cheek from sitting too long at my computer!

Anybody want a picture? It would have to be a panaramic view with the "rear" facing camera on the iPhone. Ha, ha!

Billy

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 4

Just got two preamps - a Krell KSL and a Cary SLP2002. One is SS and one is a tube. They should be here before Christmas. After Christmas (around the time you guys get your tax refunds), I am going to sell off the stuff I have acquired this year that will not be used in the two systems I will keep.

Now I feel less guilty. :wacko:

• Like 4

Let's try this again.  Wrote a note and then the cord came out of the lap top and I lost it.

Thanks guys for the guitar encouragement.  Discussed switching to an electric one with a smaller neck since LF has both. 

Billy, dig your guitar out and get those callouses built back up.  You, me. and Steve can do a conference call jam at some point.

Earl, my guess is the Cary will be the keeper....but that's just a guess.

Jake is a clean dog.  I gave him a bath at a dog supply shop.  An older lady saw him and smiled and said "what is he besides over weight?"  Think Jake's feelings were hurt.  But he does smell much better.

LF will be back at 9:00 am Saturday.  If you call me the phone will be off the hook till 12:00 :o

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

We have a land line.

Works when electricity goes out.

My wife used that logic on me for a while till I showed her how much we were paying a year for the service verses how many times the power was off during the same year.  Even with no land line, we still have internet when the power is off so we cut the cord.

• Like 4