Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' gang from Germany. Had a great trip over here. All on time, just really long. So far just visiting with the kids. Will venture out more this week. Everyone's been sick before we arrive but mostly on the mend now. We did make it to a local festival and out to dinner last night. Missed you guys. Will check in as much as schedule permits. Will be here till the 15th. Chuck.

• Like 8

Mornin' gang from Germany. Had a great trip over here. All on time, just really long. So far just visiting with the kids. Will venture out more this week. Everyone's been sick before we arrive but mostly on the mend now. We did make it to a local festival and out to dinner last night. Missed you guys. Will check in as much as schedule permits. Will be here till the 15th. Chuck.

Ya-Know, they have some of the finest Audio store fronts in the world there right?

• Like 6

Morning guys....happy Sunday to all...

1st cup well under way.....did about 10 hours at the shop yesterday... started to do some glass beading on the wheels for the Samurai. But the glass bead was worn out, so dusty in the cabinet I couldn't see chitt...so that's about 2 1/2 hours changing the bead out. Cleaning the cabinet, taking apart the vacuum system, blowing out the filter and bag... it's a chore.... oh well had to be done. But when I was done it's cuts twice as fast and I can see what the heck I'm doing,

So today....I'll just be chillin at the house...might play in the yard some......I don't know....but for now it's coffee time...mmmmm

Check in later....a good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Morning gang, for thos who were wondering what model the Sansui is, it's a 5050. Sorry for taking so long to report back. I didn't know the model off the top of my head.

Chuck have fun in Germany, and Mark get the dodge all serviced for your long road trip.

Se Ya all later.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Sounds like it's going well so far, have fun and see some sights, you know we expect some pic's later.

• Like 4

A quick photo of my "little" project.

Project%202_zpsbajricx1.jpg

Hey, just wanted to say that I got this all put back together and engine runs great (so far only about 200 miles driven) with no leaks about 60 lbs of oil pressure.

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 8

Good morning everyone............... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

On my THIRD Starbuck's MUG = Italian Roast (large vessel as you know) from the old percolator and going through the posts...   So, lots of coffee down so far.   :wacko2:

Muel, I ment to say congrats on the choral concert at that historic concert hall!  I have been playing recordings (two on reel to reel) Friday night, both recorded at Carnegie !   Let us know if any of that performance makes it to youTube so we can check it out ok?  Hope it went well for them..

I am getting ready for our performance / show for later this evening.....  Going over some of the tunes before loading up all the gear into the SUV...

SO good to hear from you Chuck (B3) glad you and family made it safely.  Hope to see some photos should you get a chance to upload and share with us.  Enjoy your time, stay in touch :wink:

Meanwhile, I hope you all enjoy your Sunday... :emotion-29: ...and I will check back again later on...

All for now......

..........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Sorry but lightning will probly win it... :unsure:

That's funny Billy Bob...do you moonlight palm reading?  :wacko:  Great prediction!   :huh: What do you predict will happen Monday night in Chicago.

for thos who were wondering what model the Sansui is, it's a 5050. Sorry for taking so long to report back. I didn't know the model off the top of my head.

I believe I got that one right.  :wink:

Morning Gang

Second cup and brain is in third gear, much to do list.

Everything from a Pool timer to an oil change on the Dodge :mellow:

Are you taking the Dodge dually on your road trip?  80 miles North of Chicago isn't too far North is it?  :rolleyes:

On 2nd cup..Highlander Grogg again.

Edited by tnr
  • Like 6

Very nice!

My last week was interesting. Put a charge of Freon to get ac right on level with gauge, some AC Pro from Advanced Auto. The compressor clutch was kicking out and still is. Went to very known repair shop for estimate and of course,they were swamped.

Around 9:30 in morning and said would be back for the typical repair next week. Was trying to get ahead of traffic coming back home and had the 99Volvo wagon punched. Nancy said Billy, what is this coming from beneath the dash (about a cup of antifreeze) at my feet. Could not stop as was in motion.

Motor started loosing power. Called ac repair shop for a wrecker. Brought it back and mechanic was looking at serpentine and alternator, all was good. Did a chemical test for blown head gasket. No blown gasket, at least according to test.

Started coming to conclusion may have jumped time. Maybe we will hear the good news Monday what they actually find.

Kicking myself in the *** :angry: . Will take my mind off of it by working my job today...weeeee

• Like 4

Sorry but lightning will probly win it... :unsure:

That's funny Billy Bob...do you moonlight palm reading?  :wacko:  Great prediction!   :huh: What do you predict will happen Monday night in Chicago.

for thos who were wondering what model the Sansui is, it's a 5050. Sorry for taking so long to report back. I didn't know the model off the top of my head.

I believe I got that one right.  :wink:

Morning Gang

Second cup and brain is in third gear, much to do list.

Everything from a Pool timer to an oil change on the Dodge :mellow:

Are you taking the Dodge dually on your road trip?  80 miles North of Chicago isn't too far North is it?  :rolleyes:

On 2nd cup..Highlander Grogg again.

Yes, the Dodge is our roadtrip standard. can haul/tow anything in that critter.

• Like 6

It is a non-interference so, may have broken timing belt, or it did a tooth jump or 2. 225,000 miles on car. Not after 400,000+ that some owners get out of the 5 cylinder. Nancy heard me saying Stupid twice while sleeping Friday night after the event with car.

On the bright side, our inside home AC unit froze up less than a week ago. Thawed it and set thermostat on 70. Did it again last night. Thawed it and will try to leave it alone and leave on 70 until can clear my plate of the car.

May not be cost effective to fix, or fix and sale, or to keep. Been a good car, and only put 100,000 on it since we got it. Have fixed several things myself during that time but, not enough tools, space to workon it and blah blah :) Nothing inexpensive about the car.

Thinking about moving to the North Pole. Tummy and hair, with a red suit and I should pass.

Do not complain much as a rule to other's but, hope your experiences with fixing is better than my current.

Alright, finished my rant, maybe! Hoping you have a good rest of weekend.

• Like 6