Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

My wife and stepson went to a Dr Who special preview. I've been hanging out at home. Took the quiet time to setup my new laptop at my two channel rig with a 2T drive that is about half full of high res music. I then ran a USB cable to the Toshiba Dynadock at my desk and hooked up a big monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse. Kind of cool to be able to control the laptop from the other side of the room. It is also tied into my network so I can control JRiver from my Samsung Note 10.1. OK, I'm a geek but I'm having fun.

• Like 7

Morning Gang

Mid month, mid week, SBB, (starbucks breakfast blend) tasting mighty fine.

First MCM cabinet coated, wife pointed out there was a Dove sitting on the fence looking at all the Handhold holes.

Casters go on today and it rolls into the Cave.

80s, just getting word the heat is on this weekend -again-.

This one's for Joe:

post-57941-0-57580000-1442404034_thumb.j

• Like 9

I hate these long threads, had to spend a few hours going through 568 pages to get to this. 

it’s going straight to video

Steve is correct.  We have been approached by Peter Barnett, producer, about buying the rights to our C&C content.   You may remember him from "Eastbound And Down" and "Arliss" on HBO.

I always thought we had the makings of a book or movie.....perhaps the thriller or drama genre :)

• Like 8

Over night on a new pressure washer hose....paid too much.  3 cases of flat black spray paint arrived yesterday and the first coat is on the patio furniture.  Second coat this morning. 

LF playing tennis.

Coffee done.....now to rustle up some grub.

Jake has slept outside the last two nights.....he loves the 50s lows.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

Hump Day!

Yeah, yeah Chuck I know it means something different to you than it does me.  Hope everyone has a great day.

No big news on the bathroom remodel.  Counter tops are scheduled for Saturday.  The shower should be ready for tile after this weekend as well.

• Like 7

I hate these long threads, had to spend a few hours going through 568 pages to get to this. 

Steve is correct.  We have been approached by Peter Barnett, producer, about buying the rights to our C&C content.   You may remember him from "Eastbound And Down" and "Arliss" on HBO.

I always thought we had the makings of a book or movie.....perhaps the thriller or drama genre :)

I wonder who will be cast to play Tarheel?

• Like 5

Morning all

Busy week this week.

Been working after hours with my parents helping them get ready for their Fall Open House. They own Tuckers Farmhouse and 4 times a year they open it up for their sales. They re-purpose Amish Barnwood into "primitive" art, house decor and furniture. Their Fall Open House is Saturday and I've been in the woodshop with dad helping get product finished. 

They surprised my wife and me by letting us know that the huge "Farm Table" that I've been helping dad finish is actually ours. The whole time I've been working on it I've thought how perfect it would be for our large family. I'll have to get some pictures once we get it to the house.

They are on Facebook...take a look if you get a chance....they also do Weddings and parties....was a really great place to grow up...and the kids love going over and spending time.....awesome that we only live about 5 minutes away.

Also started talking to dad about building some custom speakers....he's actually excited about the prospect....thinking Cornscalas or Jubilees...thoughts? He's a master carpenter and has every woodworking tool known to man.

Edited by JEFKlipsch
  • Like 8

• Moderators

Good question, to tell the truth it's going to be tough to figure out who will play many of these characters ?

• Like 6

• Moderators

Morning all

Busy week this week.

Been working after hours with my parents helping them get ready for their Fall Open House. They own Tuckers Farmhouse and 4 times a year they open it up for their sales. They re-purpose Amish Barnwood into "primitive" art, house decor and furniture. Their Fall Open House is Saturday and I've been in the woodshop with dad helping get product finished. 

They surprised my wife and me by letting us know that the huge "Farm Table" that I've been helping dad finish is actually ours. The whole time I've been working on it I've thought how perfect it would be for our large family. I'll have to get some pictures once we get it to the house.

They are on Facebook...take a look if you get a chance....they also do Weddings and parties....was a really great place to grow up...and the kids love going over and spending time.....awesome that we only live about 5 minutes away.

Also started talking to dad about building some custom speakers....he's actually excited about the prospect....thinking Cornscalas or Jubilees...thoughts? He's a master carpenter and has every woodworking tool known to man.

Is this it ?

http://tuckersfarmhouse.blogspot.com/

post-9700-0-09940000-1442416178_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Gary Busey?  Maybe Barney Rubble :mellow:

• Like 7

That's it!

That's the "barn".....main area inside is mom's "shop"...about 30x30

from there you alk into the storage area to the rear....thats about 30x15

attached to that is dads wood shop...thats about 30x60

then behind that is a pole barn that houses all of his metal working tools....plasma cutter, welders and his new CNC cutter

in front of the barn is the Bunkhouse...which is just a building with an open room that's about 15x20 space with a wrap around porch...also has an Outhouse behind it.

then in front of that is their home that has the garage renovated into their "Store Front"....that also serves as a Bridal Suite for Weddings.

• Like 7

That's it!

That's the "barn".....main area inside is mom's "shop"...about 30x30

from there you alk into the storage area to the rear....thats about 30x15

attached to that is dads wood shop...thats about 30x60

then behind that is a pole barn that houses all of his metal working tools....plasma cutter, welders and his new CNC cutter

in front of the barn is the Bunkhouse...which is just a building with an open room that's about 15x20 space with a wrap around porch...also has an Outhouse behind it.

then in front of that is their home that has the garage renovated into their "Store Front"....that also serves as a Bridal Suite for Weddings.

This description sounds like what iv had for 20+ years, bad part is that all the buildings are in three different states, well two now.

This set up is what im shopping for in nevada, may not find all the out buildings im looking for and may need to build a few.

So finding out spreads like described are hard to find, focus is on land/space/house/barn.

JefKlipsch dad has his Chit together, im impressed, nothing like seperate shops. :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Edited: i thought this was detels dad, fixed it.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 8