Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Anyway, even though NO internet was to be had, and pretty much off the grid for a few days,

Sometimes that's a good thing!

While visiting family in the Philippines, I asked some friends of my step-son how good their internet connection was... one of them spoke up and said his was really good. He told me he a a two megabit connection! :unsure:

I get around an 80 MB download speed from Comcast, and the local power company will provide fiber to the house for a Gigabyte connection. I just haven't bothered to switch yet.

Bruce

• Like 7

Morning gang.....

Just finished 2nd cup.....gonna roll to the shop..... gotta few things to do....

Not doing anything tonight.....just chillin at the house......

I want to take this time to wish all my coffee buds a Happy New Year..... it's been a fun year.....we'll do some more in 2016.....

Be safe.....a good day to all.....

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Another cloudy day in the 70s.  New Years party tonight.....darn thing last 6 hours :emotion-19:   Prime rib and a band.  May have to sneak out before midnight.  I'm old you see......

Clematis and Azaleas blooming and a bumper crop of new weeds and mosquitos.  Sun forecast for next 6 days :)

If I don't get back here today.....Happy New Years to my CC&C buds :emotion-46:

Stay safe and as always......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

Happy NY's Eve to the C&C gang. Been a little under the weather the past few days so I haven't been around. Please consider this a big 'ol "like" for all the stuff I would have liked if I had actually been around to like it. (Huh??)

Not a lot on tap for this evening. Gonna show up and help serve dinner for a non-profit I do some work for during the year. After that it's home and a movie or some tunes.

Be well and stay safe guys. Thank you for the fun and fellowship throughout the year.

Chuck

• Like 8

I'm heating up some Christmas Eve gumbo for lunch.

So its a week old. There are two options:

1) It's all good. A week isn't too old. Enjoy your lunch.

2) You're crazy, throw that stuff out.

I've never tried week old gumbo, should be ok! Let us know :D If not, you will start 2016 with a bang.

Enjoy the festivities tonight….I hope the whole world stays safe….security is pretty tight everywhere.

I'm off to practice writing checks saying 2016…it takes me a few months to get used to it :D

Myself and my wife are both feeling a little crappy, so we might just go to a dinner/movie instead of my nephew's annual NYEP. A quiet evening sounds better to us. Have fun gang!

• Like 6

Morning yet again gang

Dressed and awaiting the wifes running around town.

As usual we head to the Pub by noon, (Irish thing) and are feelin good for the day.

Meeting the Salsa King with another order i placed.

Will come for a Nap and be up before midnight.

Neighborhood Mortar fire is NOT something im going to sleep through.

Will be making a farm pizza run new years day, every year i drop a few bucks for thier hangover first meal of the new year.

They should be up by noon, finding a Pizza place open is the fun part :rolleyes:

post-57941-0-21080000-1451585102_thumb.j

• Like 6

Happy New Year and hope all had a nice Christmas! Ham, black eyes and rice, cornbread, maybe sweet potato pie for the day.

Wish I had a sip of some Maker's Mark, the vintage stuff. Prolly celebrate all by myself on Saturday so's I can drink in peace. Always enjoy all the posting here at CC&C

and the pics... ;)

Drinking coffee atm... ;)

Dang, almost forgot, Got a quart of homemade apple pie moonshine for Christmas. May have to sample that soon as I get a chaser... ;)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

Happy New Year's Eve all my friends here (0;

Just in from slush blowing, as the place was covered in snow and ice melt when we returned last night. Warm enough to thaw out the hose in the back yard and power wash the 2 SUVs !! Even the snowblower got a cleaning and some maintenance in the warm sun after it's first use of the season.....

Now, back inside, and enjoying the last of the morning's Starbuck's Christmas Blend... Here is how I treated it mid afternoon...image_171.jpeg.....and tonight, we walk to our neighbor's NYE party around 10pm. eastern.... Should be a great time as always.... ;0)))

Enjoy your family and friends during this Christmas/New Years season.... .......Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5