Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Thought you were at first talking about a clogged recirc. pump.;)

There was a run of super strong peroxide not long ago.

Na just some old ears, I was hoping they were clogged as part of me being half deaf, but not so lucky, just old and abused.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, billybob said:

Think they do like some music. Not certain but, wonder if the 396's much different than the 301's. Anyway, they must be good.B)

They really do seem to like music, but in the middle of the night when it's really quiet it might have just got their attention ? Now if they would have sat back with a drink listening or dancing it would have been a sure sign, although there was a smoke cloud out there ? :huh:

I don't know about the 301's but I know Carl made a very good choice.

• Like 3

@rplace It does have a very quiet background compared to some other records I got at the same time in the 80s. Kind of like dolbyC on a high bias cassette quiet and very non Klipsch-like. So if you like Fleetwood Mac you might like this one. Worked at a Record Bar and got a lot of these promos, some more at an electronics fair that used to come to the Merchandise Mart downtown every year back then.

1.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, rplace said:

Good morning all, trying to shake off lingering cold and too much holiday weekend shanigans. Gotta get the blood moving with coffee and Zeppelin. Is it even too early for Zeppelin?

IMG_20171127_082253.thumb.jpg.880fd0398775cb89a0e8956b61765e1e.jpg

Never too early for Led Zeppelin. Maybe the best album ever created.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never heard of them, had to go listen. :emotion-21:

Yea not too bad, right? Every time I dig it out it makes me smile. Hard rocking, sort of post punk with an LA polish. Maybe Sex Pistols, meets Rat/Poison with a bit of Beach Boys sprinkled on top. Good windows down, music cranked not too serious summer fun. Too bad it is in the 40s here and I'm working.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, rplace said:

Hard rocking, sort of post punk with an LA polish. Maybe Sex Pistols, meets Rat/Poison with a bit of Beach Boys sprinkled on top.

That's almost exactly what I thought when I heard it, kind of that rough punk sound of some of the older bands you named. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

You made me go look, they look great, looking forward to seeing them at home.

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Do not want LF to bust me in the act of moving them by myselfB)

Do like I do, if she bust you for that just say,....... so you're going to just stand there and not help, well at least stop complaining. :o:)   

Can't say what should would tell me back. :huh:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, billybob said:

Already confessed over on alerts. what else can I say?:blush2:

Or what  would you like me to say...:emotion-44:

That it was a smoking hot deal and that the speakers play around corners and under things.  That the electronics are so fine a veil has been lifted and even Donnie Osmond CDs bring tears to your eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is some of the electronics with manuals. There is an invoice from Illinois dated from 1986.

Hmmm... I wonder and in above pic, they do have a foundation and stainless screws to the doghouse.

May look at the manuals farther as they may other info, I can not get at presently while the LS on their backs.

Think there is enough evidence to convict me of insanity and it was a hit and run, besides:blush2:

DSC00752.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

That it was a smoking hot deal and that the speakers play around corners and under things.  That the electronics are so fine a veil has been lifted and even Donnie Osmond CDs bring tears to your eyes.

I confess and yes, there are a couple of CD's that came with the deal. Maybe I got lucky and have some Osmonds.

Fortunate indeed. I see myself shedding a tear or 2 soon.:emotion-19:

• Like 2