Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

33 minutes ago, Islander said:

So are there lots of shroom pickers?  And do they have to fly them in, or do enough Americans step up to do the job?  I suspect it's the latter.

I'm sure you're right.

The climate is just about perfect here. A friend of mine who lived south of Savannah picked his own. I am pretty sure he's living a more sedate and safer life now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

So, did anyone watch the Coronation of King George, err, King Charles the Third, on early Saturday morning?  I'm not a royalist in any way, but I thought it was a historic occasion, so I'd take a look.  I was impressed with the quality of the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) sound, especially when it came to the choir singing in Westminster Abbey.  With the rear La Scalas complementing the front ones, it was a very cool immersive experience.  I would have thought that with recording an event like that, which started outside, in pouring rain, no less, and then moved inside, that we'd be lucky to hear it in decent 2-channel sound, but it did seem to be in 5.1, and it gave me an appreciation for choral music that I didn't have before.

In a first for Westminster Abbey, there was a gospel choir, consisting of 8 Black folks, 6 men and 2 women, dressed in immaculate white suits (one lady wore a long white dress) that made nearly everyone but the King and the top Church officials look very drab.  The choir stood in a circle facing each other, on the floor in the area just in front of the pulpit, which was part of the large area in front of the altar.  They just sang one song, mostly Alleluia repeated, but it sounded really fine.  What made me laugh was the faces on the crowd behind them, most or all from the House of Lords and their spouses.  They actually looked offended, like "Just who thought of bringing this kind of music to the Abbey?"  It just might have been their King, so they might need to adjust their attitudes.

Finally, the Scottish football fans at a Celtics-Rangers football match gave a rousing song to express how they felt about the Coronation.  I think you'd have to be there in person to get the full effect of tens of thousands of massed voices raised in song for the occasion.  Luckily, I was able to find it on YouTube.  Here it is, for your listening pleasure:

I watched most of it and I liked the music and compositions too! Felt like I was watching a bad mashup of Game of Thrones mixed with LOTR. The music stood out, definitely!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Islander said:

In the Himalayas, the tribesmen recycle their tea.  It turns out that psilocybin is not absorbed by our bodies, but is excreted in our urine.  I think you can guess where this is going.  Yep, once the tea has done its work, it's caught, in a cup, maybe, and passed around again.  I don't know how many times it can be recycled like this, but I think two or three times may be what I read long ago.  I hear the recycled tea also whitens your teeth.  That's what the Romans believed.

well well you´re telling stories ..looks like you´ve got a lot of exerience in this matter 🤪

I didn't watch the coronation. 

----------------

I have heard of passing the buzz along by drinking the trippers urine. But, not psilocibin. A European mushroom, that is actually, mildly poisonous. What I heard... the poison gets broken down and not the hallucinogen part

I still wouldn't have gone for it...

I was pretty wild... I did draw the line somewhere... way before we get to drinking urine

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is there a statue of limitaions ...

Fifty years ago I was known to have partaken of some mescaline... several times. That was from peyote that was dried, ground up and put in capsules. Between that and a bunch of windowpane, I had a few crazy years. NEVER had a bad trip/experience, but I attribute that to my laid back personality.

I wouldn't want to risk doing anything now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Is there a statue of limitaions ...

Fifty years ago I was known to have partaken of some mescaline... several times. That was from peyote that was dried, ground up and put in capsules. Between that and a bunch of windowpane, I had a few crazy years. NEVER had a bad trip/experience, but I attribute that to my laid back personality.

I wouldn't want to risk doing anything now.

Make sure to get the "button" out ..thats toxic .... saw many loads dried in a girl's Dormitory when I was say. 20

Never touched that stuff   no Pot either

i was no fun. 🙄

• Like 3

On 5/7/2023 at 7:22 AM, MicroMara said:

Oh man this is freaky, good thing I never tried this

That's actually pretty close. Never seen it translated to film/video with such accuracy.

The book by Ken Kesey, 'One flew over the cuckoos nest', later the movie, was written when he was working as a night watchman at a psychiatric hospital. He participated in government tests for LSD research. They thought it wore off by the time he left in the afternoon, but he was still tripping when he went to work. He tore up his already written pages and started over.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@MicroMara shouldn't you be working?  lolol  Ok, enjoy the coffee then.  lol

Guten Morgen Dave It´s 5.30 am here , got my first mug and preparing breakfast right now , will leave the house at 6.20 am , start working at 7 am. Have a good sleep 😂

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MicroMara said:

well well you´re telling stories ..looks like you´ve got a lot of exerience in this matter 🤪

Nah, I just read a lot, he said.  And I've never been to the Himalayas.

• Like 4

Mornin' All

because I didn't read the book

How big do "corner wings"/ false corners need to be before you get the corner loading effect?

------------------------------

the forecast is calling for a chance of rain this weekend

I want some of whatever drugs they are taking....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1