Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, JBCODD said:

Technology is great. Either the imaging is way better, or I have finally gotten as ugly as a gummint photo. The pic on the card looks like me!

Last one I had done took about 5 minutes total.  Pic first, told him nothing has changed 2 minutes later he said I was all green and good to go.  Pressed a couple buttons and out rolls the laminated card ready to go.  The pic?  Eh, who cares when you're ancient like I am.  Let 'em shoot me.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, grasshopper said:

I haven't seen any of the John Wick series.

Briefly, John Wick is an assassin, but there are many other assassins in town as well.  Much violence ensues.  After you've seen guys take a knife to the eye, and other creative mayhem, you'll either be creeped out or laughing pretty hard.  The body counts are extreme, but somehow our hero John Wick always comes through and manages to stay alive.  The End.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

thanks for that @Islander

yesterday...

I made coffee before I had coffee.

OK OK... duh

I need to drink coffee before I make coffee. I forgot to put the carafe in the machine. I am very happy for our sink set up. Drainer on each end. The coffee machine lives on one. The mess ran into the sink....

it was a mess. The machine stops the coffee from leaving the machine if there isn't a carafe... I had coffee grounds in the reservoir, By the time I realized the problem and shoved a pot  in ... the "drain" was plugged with grounds. I did salvage 2/3 of the pot. Tasted like boiled coffee.

Drinking on a pint of maker's mark. I'm trying to trick myself into thinking it's better than it is by replacing the screw cap with a cork...lol

the day finished better than it started. It did get worse before it got better. Took the wife to work. Got out of the car when I got home and couldn't get upright. My back did it's trick w/o me noticing. Wasn't feeling too sharp when I returned to pick her up.

late afternoon ... it rained. Made the bs worth surviving. Nice lightning. The AirForce scrambled and did some air-to-air combat training over town... in the weather.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Briefly, John Wick is an assassin, but there are many other assassins in town as well.  Much violence ensues.  After you've seen guys take a knife to the eye, and other creative mayhem, you'll either be creeped out or laughing pretty hard.  The body counts are extreme, but somehow our hero John Wick always comes through and manages to stay alive.  The End.

You left out the part where they killed his dog.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Islander said:

Briefly, John Wick is an assassin,  

yeah , but he was retired  , bastards  stole his 69  Boss 429 ....and took away his wife's dog ,,,,,,   ooooops

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

You left out the part where they killed his dog.

You're right, but that was in the first movie, and we were discussing JW3, in which our hero suffers a different provocation.  It was intended to be a brief summary, more concerned with the overall feel of the movie series, without listing high or low points.  The mention of the knife to the eye was just to give a sample of the level of violence, and since it happens several times over the course of the many fights to the death, it seemed to be a good example.  I've seen the first three movies, but at this point the details of each movie kind of blur together in my mind.  

You're welcome to do an expanded summary of the series, or any one movie in the series.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Islander said:

You're right, but that was in the first movie, and we were discussing JW3, in which our hero suffers a different provocation.  It was intended to be a brief summary, more concerned with the overall feel of the movie series, without listing high or low points.  The mention of the knife to the eye was just to give a sample of the level of violence, and since it happens several times over the course of the many fights to the death, it seemed to be a good example.  I've seen the first three movies, but at this point the details of each movie kind of blur together in my mind.  

You're welcome to do an expanded summary of the series, or any one movie in the series.

I haven’t seen any of them and @grasshopper said he hadn’t either which was who you were replying to.

I’ll get around to them one of these days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

I haven’t seen any of them and @grasshopper said he hadn’t either which was who you were replying to.

I’ll get around to them one of these days.

The killing of the dog was kind of vital, since it was John's original motivator, so I should have included it, but I hardly remembered it, because I saw the first movie on TV at a friend's place, and missed the first twenty minutes or so.  While the movies are certainly exciting, at this point I could hardly match a scene to a movie.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I haven't seen 4 or 5.

I'm not sure I have seen the third but I did like him. 

Another movie  similar a little with action anyway was "London has fallen", liked it also.

• Like 3

there is 1 movie  that just came out , it's  called  SISU from the studio behind John Wick  , 

-   the John Wick  productions ,  never went as far as to show blown up bodies , but this movie does  .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

got a little chuckle...

on cl, a pair of Heresy are listed as excellent condition... including the custom blue paint job.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/phoenix-klipsch-hersey-pair/7639425580.html

first phone call of the day came from William Bailey. That prompted me to answer with a chorus of "Won't you come home Bill Bailey?"....

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2023 at 7:21 AM, MicroMara said:

107 F here in the last two days as well , I don´t leave the house at daytime , cleaning vinyl with my rcm makes fun , I met some friend yesterday evening , we had a wiskey party till 2 am . Have a strong Headache and feel totally hungover , I must recover today as I ´m going to my job tommorrow at 7 am ....HHHMMM , hope to get this managed somehow !

Hair of the Dog seems to work best Gradual withdrawal. 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had bad luck on Monday , have separated with a Stihl diamond cutter angle stones , which should support an embankment. At the second angle stone it has made "crack" in my back, the later occurring pain was unbearable, today I was in the nuclear spine tube with the result that my lumbar disc ( is it right ? )  has no damage, but I was admitted to the hospital for pain therapy. I am writing to you from my hospital bed 😏My left leg has a muscle trauma

• Sad 7