but, I've had MY coffee

Your neighbors haven't 

https://uticacoffeeroasting.com/pages/about-wake-the-hell-up

Paired with pissing off the neighbors 

Is a start to a good morning!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

. I'd be quite ok with that, too.

Yea, me too actually.  The thing that suprised me was the fact she wanted nothing to do w/digital.  You and I both know film is the best way to roll but the digital stuff IS pretty darn amzaing today. 

I'll watch for a while til she figures it out.  She will.  Then ole Dad will ship her my 400/2.8 just in time for the PGA golf tournament she works at in Phoenix along w/another body for it.  Then the next year she prints about 50 or 100 of her best shots, hanging files in a cardboard box in her trunk, include all my Chrome reprints of the OLD guys, 25 a pop or 2 for 40, new black Shapries for 5 so they can get them signed?  She'll sell out in about 3 days cause I did EVERY year.  Gonna turn her into a real BOSS.  😂  💪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

hi-there-wave.gif.eb247ebe911ca87153ca5bba5a8561e8.gif

Just a quick chim´in to say Hello again. I´m back from my rehab and my body constitution is better now, but far away from beeing 100% healthy again. This may never will happen because my body has already exceeded its working life capacity. But I do not want to complain. So...see you soon again !

Was this you that I saw at my work luncheon yesterday?

IMG_1357.jpeg.5d06f4b217948762c1ea6ba7974a800d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

in these digital times...

can digital medium give an accurate presentation of a frequency that is an irrational number ... like pi 10 or 100X? No?

just asking....

I know... this is the difference and why analog is better than digital

But you also come up with questions 😂   and you overwhelm me with this question 🤔

• Haha 3

Well I picked a rainy week to drive around up here in Virginia.

All the bugs that were stuck to the front of my vehicle and the windshield have been scoured off by the rain plus the highway driving. That's nice, those bugs are hard to remove.

In case you wondered, it's raining and foggy in Salem Virginia right now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Got to 105`

then ...it rained.

I'm sitting in the living room. Wife asks, "What direction is the rain coming from?" 

... "Ummmm ..... from 'up"

The question isn't a dumb one. We don't have A/C. I think the new term is "passive solar"...Open and close windows at appropriate times. I have several squirrel cage blowers. Forced air might be in our future. With our weather, it will get use in the winter, too. Push warm from outside to in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MicroMara said:

But you also come up with questions 😂   and you overwhelm me with this question 🤔

What is really interesting is Digital audio... let's say the recording part, is sampling. I'll use a sampling frequency of 88.2 thousand times a second. That's double a regular audio CD.

You record the signal level 88.2 thousand times a second, like a picket fence going by. When those get played back at the same rate, just individual levels, you hear all the audio frequencies, tone, percussion, etc.

It's magic!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Marvel said:

What is really interesting is Digital audio... let's say the recording part, is sampling. I'll use a sampling frequency of 88.2 thousand times a second. That's double a regular audio CD.

You record the signal level 88.2 thousand times a second, like a picket fence going by. When those get played back at the same rate, just individual levels, you hear all the audio frequencies, tone, percussion, etc.

It's not magic. The necessary ingredient is the reconstruction filter. Yes, it does work ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@grasshopper

To more directly answer your question above, the sampling frequency must be at least 2x the frequency you are trying/wanting to capture. This is why CDs, wave files, had a sampling freq. of 44.1 kilohertz, just a little over twice what good ears can hear, around 20kHz. Now, we have fairly inexpensive equipment that can sample 44.1, 88.2, 96, 192 kHz or higher. There's a lot to it, and while Tom said it's not magic, I call a lot of things 'technological magic'.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Marvel said:

@grasshopper

To more directly answer your question above, the sampling frequency must be at least 2x the frequency you are trying/wanting to capture. This is why CDs, wave files, had a sampling freq. of 44.1 kilohertz, just a little over twice what good ears can hear, around 20kHz. Now, we have fairly inexpensive equipment that can sample 44.1, 88.2, 96, 192 kHz or higher. There's a lot to it, and while Tom said it's not magic, I call a lot of things 'technological magic'.

Gots to have a good tweeter to get all the way to 20kHz.IMG_1380.png.0f2999eb0372c098cc3bf7838661a866.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah, but how about all the overtones and harmonics that are up around 30-50Khz that interact with lower frequencies.

Rupert Neve had consoles that could pass frequencies up to 50kHz. (Part of the reason they cost so much)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, babadono said:

That has got to sound good...how far up in freq can YOU still hear?

I’m not sure, I’ll have to try the tone generator app on my phone.

They do sound marvelous and I was shocked at how flat the response was when I measured them.

I need to mount the horns properly.

I think the dip at 8.2kHz was a reflection off the top of the cab.

• Like 3