Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

They just opened a Good Will store by me recently, gonna run over to see if any lil treasures are there. Does anyone want anything?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KROCK said:

They just opened a Good Will store by me recently, gonna run over to see if any lil treasures are there. Does anyone want anything?????

Macintosh MC275.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Busy time yesterday.

We had the annual blacksmithing festival in town so the kids and I walked over to check it out.IMG_2695.jpeg.3794277dc7f341e704e6d47314773c0c.jpeg

A few blocks further up in town, the City Drive-In was having their annual Ramp Festival.

After I walked the kids back over to the house I walked back to the drive-in to check out my friend Dan playing his all request piano show.IMG_2710.jpeg.8541a767f10586115cedf96a0c039c30.jpeg

Then I walked back home and made a sheet cake for the middle child’s birthday party.

Apparently she told her friends that she was having a party at the park this afternoon so I obliged and told her I would make a cake and buy some drinks.

After the cake came out of the oven I made some beer-battered fish tacos for dinner.IMG_2714.jpeg.b45c88b439eed358631aa90ef4b01bf4.jpeg

Then I walked back to the drive-in, for the third time, to catch the band that was playing.

My usual crew was there and had gotten roped into running sound.

the setup wasn’t great but we made the best of it and folks had a pretty good time.IMG_2717.jpeg.ac60a0046546b8e51766c8b47072dc22.jpeg

• Like 4

This popped up on youtube so figured I'd post it.  Clueless who made it but someone said it was up.  Duckburg's on the mend.  To think there I sat an Wendy's getting bounced around in my car thinking it was nasty wind gusts and poring rain?  Freaky now.  

Beautiful day here today so got the mower wars goin, did a lil sprayin, lil edgin, fingered how to get this garage Yamahammer dialed in for bluetooth.  Cake now for the KG4.5's in the garage.  Sheesh,  guess bluetooth kinda works.

Only highlight was when some good lookin woman walked up the drive and wanted to know who I was listening too.  Told her Walter Trout's new "Broken" lp.  She said she was gonna have to check him out.  Maybe there's hope yet???  

• Like 4

Got my bike’s fork back from service.  Unfortunately it’s been too rainy to ride but I can tell the travel and rebound is much smoother than before I sent it in.

It sure is a weird looking bike but I love it and can’t wait to ride it again!

image.thumb.png.1aaf269d63e32e61af334a4b49d5142a.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, geezin' said:

Do they (Leftys) torque steer under heavy braking?

I recall one particular big-block with a busted motor mount. Then those first little cars with sideways engines:biggrin2:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, geezin' said:

Do they (Leftys) torque steer under heavy braking?

No, they are the best balanced bike I’ve ever ridden.  Steering is super quick, the suspension responds instantly to any bumps.  

• Like 4

Had the first heavy rain coplete with thunder and lightning com thru last nite.  Wondering if a lot of people were thinking the same thing I was?  Hit the gage this morning and had 2 inches.  Cooling down a bit the next few days so that works. 

CTook a lil drive last evening and they're getting things back under control in Duckburg.  The tree boys made a killin for sure.  Some big stuff sittin out back of the house off the foundation.  Might be gone by the weekend.  :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1