Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I would not use DHL, however there are some that wouldn't use Fedex or UPS.  Pack tight, double box if you can, and get some of that rigid foam from lowes or homedepot that runs about 20 a sheet.Its  about 1" thick, wrap the inside of the box, make sure there are no gaps that will allow items to crush it.  Now for the weather and coffee, weather here dropped 20 degrees and its rainy.  Perfect coffee weather, however the coffee here at work sucks.  Looks like I will have to bring in my own coffee maker and own coffee.  

• Like 4

Thanks.  I spaced out FedEx.  Yes!  That is the cold front moving this way.  Every year, I am liking fall & winter more and more.  Between the heat, humidity, bees, mosquitoes, poison oak & poison ivy, I could skip summer.  You would think after last year's brutal winter, we would have had less insects.  Noooo, more and a lot more.

• Like 2

Morning gang:

Wife had the coffee made  by 4:30 so i went out to the cave as the norm.

Checkin emails, surfin the Bay, CCTV hobby gettin the best of....again.

After extensive research on the Icom R3 unit that is on the way to me iv already found another unit that fits my needs better, and bought it.

So as this new/used IcomR3 is on the way, i will resell for what i have into it, ill eat shipping if there is anyone interested.

P.S. the Icom R3 unit that is on the way to me is the "Japan Model" meaning unblocked cell coverage, i never buy things that dont work the way they should. so for those who like a full working scanner, for the money $255, this one would be hard to beat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Icom-IC-R3-SS-Communications-Receiver-Video-Japan-Version-5-2450-MHz-No-Gaps-/400766415273?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qLxy8HsQvXA3wrzwC4l7idUKI78%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Sold my Icom  Pc1000 yesterday, so today will be a Pub, breakfast, shipping day before it gets to be 100 :o again. 

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

, however the coffee here at work sucks

Yes - and the water at wherever you work probably has chlorine in it to kill the slime.  The water in your coffee is the most important ingredient.   IMHO  :)

Could be, would a water cooler with a filter help as that is where they get the water from.  I guess that might not take the chlorine out, I do know its local water.  I will have to try a decent brand coffee to see if that makes a difference. 

• Like 3

would a water cooler with a filter help as that is where they get the water from.

The horror stories I could tell about water cooler water!!   Stay 10 feet away.  :)  

Please no stories!

I've use reverse osmosis filtered water in coffee maker for years.  I've never once seen any build up anywhere in the maker.

• Like 2