Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So far so good, wife in mourning over the the last cat, so be it.

Ant's/pool service and by that time i should be ready to fire up the stacks.

It's been a few days, dont want the neighbors to think i moved.

When that neighbor came over, i just happened to be wearing the Klipsch shirt, and stated i would "Adjust" back my Bass, however by no means was i going to stop enjoying my self between the hours of 7am and 10pm.

I await my morning Tarheel update before getting along with my day.....

• Like 3

her attitude about things we take for granted

I have a friend from Croatia he has the same attitude, he is a very nice guy.  He is marring a friend of my wife's, he cant believe the things she is buying for the wedding.  He says we spend to much money on pointless things.  I don't even try to talk to him about stereos, if its not small or practical he wants nothing to do with it. Except his car.  

One thing for sure, don't offer him any tickets to see Nebraska play this year....

• Like 2

Ants are fine, just do not let them bite you. :emotion-44:

I've had to deal with two bee hives this past August.  

I found a local honey "guy" that came and collected the hives... No bites.

Now those can really hurt,specially them killer type. That worked out well for both of you. A Yellow Jacket sting can hurt for 24 hours.

Hornets built a nest on my house. I called a guy that came out after dark and removed the nest just for the hornets. He placed a ladder just under the next. Climbed up with a machete and a garbage bag. After carefully pushing the garbage bag over the nest, he cut it free from the house. He told me after getting home he would drop it in a freezer for the night. Next day he would separate the hornets and ship them to a pharmaceutical company to use in making anti-venom. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Boxx, on 03 Sept 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

JL Sargent, on 03 Sept 2014 - 09:25 AM, said: Next day he would separate the hornets and ship them to a pharmaceutical company to use in making anti-venom. 
Now that is pretty cool.... 

Didn't know they did that !

A Yellow Jacket sting can hurt for 24 hours.

Yes they can, I have ran into them a few times operating a tractors and bulldozers, they attack even the equipment trying to sting it and they hurt for a good while. Just as bad is the Ginny wasp which look similar in color but like to build nest in bushes. These suckers hurt till the next day and leave a bump for days on your skin. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

That's what my son in law is dealing with, honey bee nest in a whole outside wall, he talked with someone who can remove them. There waiting until he builds some hives so they can be moved into the yard, me I am waiting on the honey from this project. :D

• Like 1

Next day he would separate the hornets and ship them to a pharmaceutical company to use in making anti-venom. 

When i was about 14, i had the bright idea that i would catch some rattlesnakes and sell the venom to the local hospital.  So, i did...except the hospital told me that they buy their anti-venom from a lab...so here I am with this Mojave Green and wondering what to do now. 

• Like 1

That's what my son in law is dealing with, honey bee nest in a whole outside wall, he talked with someone who can remove them. There waiting until he builds some hives so they can be moved into the yard, me I am waiting on the honey from this project. :D

I was glad to find this guy to take the bees.  He took them for free, wanting to move them to his bee farm.  

The first guy that I called wanted to charge me $300 to take care of them.

darn thing nearly bit me ... good thing that back in those days, i could move like the wind.

You did better than THIS guy.  The snake bit and killed him 20 minutes AFTER he had cut the snakes head off.

Stay cautious my friends....

darn thing nearly bit me ... good thing that back in those days, i could move like the wind.

You did better than THIS guy.  The snake bit and killed him 20 minutes AFTER he had cut the snakes head off.

Wonder how the people felt who ordered the snake dish, Man I would feel bad if my dinner killed the chef.