Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just had to buy a new clothes dryer after the 26 year old Kenmore started leaving rust on my sheets.

Wouldn't that have been the washer leaving rust?  Was it still getting the skid marks out of your shorts? 

• Like 1

Just had to buy a new clothes dryer after the 26 year old Kenmore started leaving rust on my sheets.

Chuck, You do laundry too? What a guy.  I found it easier to just buy new clothes, which is why i have 19 very large trash bags full of clothes in my closet that haven’t seen the light of day in well over two years. Since my brother moved in, he does laundry so he was taking care of my backlog of dirty clothes until i ran out of storage space--had to tell him to stop doing laundry until i figure out where to put all the clothes.  The good part is that i’ve forgotten most of the clothes so when he grabs a bag from the closet and washes them, it’s like getting new clothes all over again. I’ve got a fortune in blue jean levi’s as that’s all i wear.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Just saw on Yahoo news that Neil Young and his wife of 36 years split.  One or the other is probably "searching for a heart of gold" :mellow:

Now this guy brings back memory's, and not in a good way, he is the prime reason CSN&Y broke up.

I know /knew the guy, met him more than once, not someone you want your kids around.

Not my first total azzhole iv been around, but i refused do any projects that had anything to do with him.

I have not heard or run into Neil in over 20 years, just happened across some kind of music/doc on channel 6 a couple years back, when watching a bit, oh yeah, it ALL came back to me.

Cannot blame the wife, looks like she is the smart one, likely wants a little happyness before the end of the road.

• Like 2

but I would probably be electrocuted and have a shoe box full of parts left over.
I understand that feeling. The first gas grill (outdoor) that I bought required assembly.  When I finished the project there were about 30 pieces left over.  I was afraid to light it up.  Later I had a neighbor that bought the same model and the same thing happened to him.  No issues with the grill and it lasted about 5 years.  
  • Like 3

Tarheel - this threads "gone viral". I'm curious to see if you'll hit 5k posts/50k views by Christmas! Nice topic!

Well for the most part it's kind of a feel good place to grab a seat and shoot the breeze with a bunch of old coots.  Nothing is off topic and everyone is invited.  Sometimes we even talk about coffee and cables if we have to.  Glad to have you post here akdave and don't be a stranger! 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Tarheel, on 27 Aug 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

BigStewMan, on 27 Aug 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

Tarheel, on 26 Aug 2014 - 10:04 AM, said: Burning the candle at both ends on the dating front. 

alright casanova … give us your cheesiest pick up line (that worked). 

Well the one that didn't work was "You don't sweat much for a fat girl" :mellow:

Or, "hey want to help get some of the rust off my sheets " ? :huh:

• Like 3

Tarheel, on 26 Aug 2014 - 10:04 AM, said: Burning the candle at both ends on the dating front. 

Well the one that didn't work was "You don't sweat much for a fat girl" :mellow:

Oh my, that IS good.

• Like 2

Morning Gents

First cup-0-joe going down easy w/Duggans, and it better be, because me Duggans just ran out !!!  Dam.

ALERT, ALERT, long weekend coming up, fully expect a "good news" Tarheel report by Monday evening :)

You going to Portland this month?  You be about to miss out for this month.

Maybe just a little coffee while it's cool.  Couldn't get to sleep at all last night.  I'm sure it hit me later and I'll be sleeping in the day.  AGAIN

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

Oh my, that IS good.

Had a lady tell me once.  You'd of got some if you would have just kept trying

Told her she was a big girl and should know if she wanted to or not.  I was not going to beg.

After that I only had to mention it to her once.  She know I would not ask again.

• Like 3

Morning Gents

First cup-0-joe going down easy w/Duggans, and it better be, because me Duggans just ran out !!!  Dam.

ALERT, ALERT, long weekend coming up, fully expect a "good news" Tarheel report by Monday evening :)

You going to Portland this month?  You be about to miss out for this month.

Maybe just a little coffee while it's cool.  Couldn't get to sleep at all last night.  I'm sure it hit me later and I'll be sleeping in the day.  AGAIN

My speaker buying is now dialed into one more set of EAW stacks this year, to be stored for the new house.

I have one year and three months to procure our retirement abode, the search has already started. Nevada outback.

Now that iv tuned in the Active system enough to pizz off neighbors, im satisfied, and can now move on to the little things in life like "Grills".

When the wife and i come up that way we will be going to Bandon, to party.

• Like 4