Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

New QSC BadBoy has been shipped, so the wait is on

Last Saturday I I saw some QSC amps at the vintage restoration shop that serviced my Sansui 9090DB.  I was browsing around looking to see what they had.  They have a good selection of vintage gear on their website that appears to be fairly priced, including McIntosh, Marantz, Dynaco, etc...  I have no affiliation, other than they fully restored my 9090DB, and fixed a problem nearly a year later. I can post their link if you would like, just wasn't sure if that was acceptable.

The QSC that i bought is from the same people iv spent thousands with down in LA, they say used, tested, working, i believe them. so it should come ready to go, and if it works well, then i will buy another same day and go mono block Bass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QSC-1700-Professional-Stereo-Amplifier-AMP-1880-/201081208366?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item2ed15fbe2e

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

Any reason you didn't go with a newer QSC like a PLX or PLX2?

These are theater quality units, and easy for me to repair/upgrade, old school SCRs, big caps and all replaceable. transformers are an industry standard.

That is why as soon as i get my hands on it, the covers come off, eval the goodies inside, slap the puppy back together and give it a listen, if it turns out to be what i think it is i will order another.

• Like 1

For all you retirees it's Thursday

Dinner out with a group of singles last night.  Met Christine who seems nice.  Relocated here from Pittsburgh. 

Lunch today with Mary who I have never seen but have heard she is fine!

Walked the critter just now and mosquitos about lifted us off the ground.  Must have nailed 15 of those suckers.  Bazillion still waiting to bite.

Coffee finished. 

Headed to 95 degrees here today....foggy as we speak.  A meet up scheduled at the beach at 6:00 for 37 singles....rain chance 30%.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 1

Just finished the second cup of joe, sitting and waiting patiently to hop on a plane to Jacksonville NC to see my uncles retirement ceremony tomorrow.  Sounds like he will have meetings a paper work to fill, may be a good time to see whats hopping in Wilmington. 

• Like 3

Just finished the second cup of joe, sitting and waiting patiently to hop on a plane to Jacksonville NC to see my uncles retirement ceremony tomorrow.  Sounds like he will have meetings a paper work to fill, may be a good time to see whats hopping in Wilmington. 

Have a safe journey, my friend...

• Like 4

After finishing off the pot of coffee, plan of the day changed.

Seeing my Bay purchase of the new Amp is "Out For Delivery" yeah baby.

Pub visit, three Guinness to start the day, UPS/Ebay shipping and now finely breakfast.

Minermark should be rockin by 5pm, we shall see. 

• Like 2

Congratulations to all the family.

My dad felt he was too young to be a Grandpa.   So the kids grew up calling him Gene and still do.  The Great Grand Kids call him Grandpa.

So you going to be Grandpa, or Carl?

12:07 we have a grandson!

Congrats, and as a forum member in good standing you are expected to get this kid in your lap ASAP, wile pointing to pictures of the new 2015 Klipsch flyer.

And keep your eye on that son-in-law, Bose owners hide in the shadows, time to lay out your plan for spoiling the lil tike.

• Like 1