Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hit the Dentist first thing, Foxy little tech worked me over, never spent an hour in the chair before, then had the Dentist grind down a little chip that comes with eating Cracker Jacks.

Our dentist, Valerie's hygenist Cami (short for Camille I think, or maybe Kimmie?) is her younger sister.  Valerie started out doing the cleaning herself when she opened her own practice.  I guess until Cami (I need to pay better attention... but Valerie is not at all unattractive with a sweet voice and beautiful eyes...) finished dental hygenist school.  Cami is also rather easy on the eyes.  

(real first names so I'll not claim to have been worked over....though some of Valerie's client's were of the mindset if I wasn't already married ...  probably the same with Cami too but it's not like we talked about the hot dentist a lot at work)

Dr Valerie started out at another office here in town and then opened her own practice in a nearby town as she couldn't open a competing practice in the same town or within x number of miles for y years, maybe 5.  

We followed her to the nearby town, I think Valerie said 20 minutes.  That was probably pretty optimistic, south side of town with good traffic could probably be done from her first Kokotucky office.  Probably 30 from the office she opened here in Kokomo.  She kept the other office and works 2 days in the other and 3 here in KTown.  Her other office does have a much more up to date digital xray which is kind of cool as one can see the xrays right away on a good sized monitor.  Still uses the little films at the Kokomo office.    

I asked a co-worker shortly after arriving in town and they recommended Valerie.  She's a very good, gentle dentist.  My wife used to be terrified of going to the dentist but not to Valerie.  Kids never had a problem.  Our oldest daughter I think after Valerie had first opened her office here in Kokomo had back to back cleaning appointments the same day.  Elyse went first.  Then dear old dad.  Valerie had Elyse sit opposite me and suction the gunk out and thought that was so much fun and so cool.  Not sure I've ever heard of a kid ever being excited about going to the dentist.  Thankfully the gunk scraped off of my teeth didn't gross her out too much.  

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 3

At this point in time with the turmoil and atrocities there I think they would do anything to get out.  My friend Nataliya is very refreshing in her attitude about things we take for granted.  So....no I would not pay for a mail order bride but if she can get here on her own I would be willing to talk. 

Well, from a looks perspective, you'll probably do better than Harry Chapin's Harry Crane ....

Harry Chapin    "Mail Order Annie"

Lyrics:

At first I did not think it could be you.

But you're the only one that got off the train.

So you must be my wife Miss Annie Halsey

Yes, I guess I am your husband, Hello I'm Harry Crane.

Mail Order Annie, never mind your crying.

Your tears are sweet rain in my empty life.

Mail Order Annie, can't you see I'm trying

To tell you that I'm glad you're here,

You are the woman who's come to be my wife.

You know you're not as pretty as I dreamed you'd be,

But then I'm not no handsome fancy Dan.

And out here looks are really not important.

It's what's inside a woman when she's up against the land.

You know it's not no easy life you're entering.

The winter wind comes whistling through the cracks there in the sod.

You know you'll never have too many neighbors.

There's you Girl, and there's me, and there's God.

You know I'm just a dirt man from the North Dakota plains.

You're one girl from the city who's been thrown out on her own.

I'm standing here not sure of what to say to you

'Cepting Mail Order Annie, lets you and me go home.

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 2

photo-24585.jpg?_r=1407645399Name the band without searching and get oldtimer points!

Tried to like in our coffee and cables love fest but used up my daily allotment before sunrise.  :wub: 

I'll gave to give this a listen.  The graphic is cool.  I'm sure the music is as well.  

Duh Bears who waz hopin would be Da Bears but da D Fence appareentlly forget to ge ton da plan in Chicago and are gettin' whupped up on by Da Bills 17 - 7 at da half.  Please tell me the Bills actually have a chance at a winnning record this season?

Out to mow the yard before it starts lookin' like a hay field like last week as I missed a week.  Rush's All The World's a Stage on old school Panasonic portable CD player.  Forgot to charge mp3 player battery.  Doh!.  On the Image X-10 under the Pro Ears hearing protectors.   Our Cub Cadet 2185 is LOUD +- 100 db at the driver's ears with mower running.  with a new muffler.... with a new stupidly expen$ive muffler for 2165 with an almost as stupidly expen$ive put on new a couple of years back.  2185 muffler no longer available.  100 db with a new muffler.  Gotta wonder how CRAZY LOUD it was with the rusted out original muffler!?!

p.s.   No idea how I managed to paste in my avatar giant sized in my quoted reply.  When it happened I thought I replaced the cool Ka au Crater Boys graphic... 

I'm tellin' y'all.  Dadburn 8 16 laptops be possessed.  Our prior one was and still is but needs a new hard drive as was my last one and maybe two at work when used as a loptop (typo but fitting).  Any pressure or even near the wrist wrest and it'll backtab, jump around such as pick a seemingly random new tab in MS Exdel, back up or go forward in word.  etc  

so y'all think Bill Rock's his Kelly Ryan 2014 Lyme Disease Fundraiser tee shirt?  Kelly Ryan is local bluesman Mike Milligan's sister had contracted Lyme's disease like in 2000 and thought it was cued as it went kind of dormant but not given owerful enough antibiotics, it did get better but came back with a vengeance in the last couple of years. but insurance after paying for more expen$ive treatments won't pay the $8000 for some sort of silver treatment that her doctor said should save her life and knock take it out.  

So Mike and his band Steamshovel, another local band called Southside, and another musician or maybe musician (I arrived when Mike started playing) and Stacey ad Her Husband Matt's Milwaukee Iron club brothrers and sisters put on a benefite at their clubhouse.  Nice huge garage with at least a couple of rooms and restrooms attached with stage and a bar opening onto a very nice sized hard attached to a huge house I presume also owned by the club or at least one of it's members.  

The local bikers are always raising money for some charity or another and Mike puts on his own annual Breast Cancer fund raiser, Knocker's For Rockers that normally funds mammograms for women who can't afford them at the two local hospitals but this year is to benefit his sister in law who is battling breast cancer.  

Mike's performs at least a couple of charity events in town per year along with sponsoring Knocker's For Rockers (typo lol) which unfortunately is for his sister in law this year.  Good karma said it will raise more money than usual...

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 5

That's chilly mach-1.  We had a thunder storm last night and light rain this morning.  Should clear off soon.

Took the critter to the community pool yesterday but thunder interrupted so Jake only got to swim about five feet :wacko:  At least I know he doesn't sink to the bottom.

Working on the second cup.  Still grinding Trader Joe's beans.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

Morning gang, first cup of many to follow.

Nice slow weekend, playing around with home projects, finely installed another CCTV cam on the cave yard outback, (ran the wire 4years ago).

For the last week, Stereo has just been kind of dormant since achieving (Active) perfection, this is turning out to be a very bad, nothing to shop for, little to improve.

Idle time during beers, mind wanders, fingers dance on the key board, mouse seems to find it's way to The Bay :o 

Surfing the Bay with nothing in mind, nothing needed/wanted is dangerous, never had the problem before :unsure: 

Suddenly find myself bidding, OMG, cant stop, that SOB aint getting this, i want this, and i shall have this, and before i knew it, i got it.

Idle time, aint working for me, im finding myself slipping back into old hobby's :ph34r:     

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Icom-IC-R3-SS-Communications-Receiver-Video-Japan-Version-5-2450-MHz-No-Gaps-/400766415273?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=DCKRXuuD%252F2WX8mHzauU6DMX3D9Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

mach-1 understands :wacko:

• Like 5

Send the weather this way. Hotter than a :emotion-44:

Temp 47 deg this morning.

Large orange  juice - three large cups coffee - 2 egg ham and cheese omelet and I am ready for the day. :)

The coffee is excellent this morning and its a comfortable 74 degrees here.

Oh darn, I just realized that that I'm still in the house with the A/C running and I didn't even contribute to the making of this mornings pot of coffee.

However, I did feed the dog.....

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 5

photo-24585.jpg?_r=1407645399Name the band without searching and get oldtimer points!

Tried to like in our coffee and cables love fest but used up my daily allotment before sunrise.  :wub: 

I'll gave to give this a listen.  The graphic is cool.  I'm sure the music is as well.  (emberaasse, excuuuuse me, but I am a red blooded heterosexual homo sapien of the male gender, and well living in Kokomo, (I live in Kokoucky, call one the yuppiefied ridnick wannabes a 

Duh Bears who waz hopin would be Da Bears but da D Fence appareentlly forget to ge ton da plan in Chicago and are gettin' whupped up on by Da Bills 17 - 7 at da half.  Please tell me the Bills actually have a chance at a winnning record this season?

Out to mow the yard before it starts lookin' like a hay field like last week as I missed a week.  Rush's All The World's a Stage on old school Panasonic portable CD player.  Forgot to charge mp3 player battery.  Doh!.  On the Image X-10 under the Pro Ears hearing protectors.   Our Cub Cadet 2185 is LOUD +- 100 db at the driver's ears with mower running.  with a new muffler.... with a new stupidly expen$ive muffler for 2165 with an almost as stupidly expen$ive put on new a couple of years back.  2185 muffler no longer available.  100 db with a new muffler.  Gotta wonder how CRAZY LOUD it was with the rusted out original muffler!?!

p.s.   No idea how I managed to paste in my avatar giant sized in my quoted reply.  When it happened I thought I replaced the cool Ka au Crater Boys graphic... 

I'm tellin' y'all.  Dadburn 8 16 laptops be possessed.  Our prior one was and still is but needs a new hard drive as was my last one and maybe two at work when used as a loptop (typo but fitting).  Any pressure or even near the wrist wrest and it'll backtab, jump around such as pick a seemingly random new tab in MS Exdel, back up or go forward in word.  etc  

so y'all think Bill Rock's his Kelly Ryan 2014 Lyme Disease Fundraiser tee shirt?  Kelly Ryan is local bluesman Mike Milligan's sister had contracted Lyme's disease like in 2000 and thought it was cued as it went kind of dormant but not given owerful enough antibiotics, it did get better but came back with a vengeance in the last couple of years. but insurance after paying for more expen$ive treatments won't pay the $8000 for some sort of silver treatment that her doctor said should save her life and knock take it out.  

So Mike and his band Steamshovel, another local band called Southside, and another musician or maybe musician (I arrived when Mike started playing) and Stacey ad Her Husband Matt's Milwaukee Iron club brothrers and sisters put on a benefite at their clubhouse.  Nice huge garage with at least a couple of rooms and restrooms attached with stage and a bar opening onto a very nice sized hard attached to a huge house I presume also owned by the club or at least one of it's members.  

The local bikers are always raising money for some charity or another and Mike puts on his own annual Breast Cancer fund raiser, Knocker's For Rockers that normally funds mammograms for women who can't afford them at the two local hospitals but this year is to benefit his sister in law who is battling breast cancer.  

Mike's performs at least a couple of charity events in town per year along with sponsoring Knocker's For Rockers (typo lol) which unfortunately is for his sister in law this year.  Good karma said it will raise more money than usual...

48 deg Sunday morning in sunny Kokotucky... Ok the sun was coming up over the corn out back of our vinyl lined steel pond... 

Our youngest daughter told us last night Opus, and more so Bill, but even Open kind of frightens her with the late night moon or any light reflecting off his eyes.   and Bill.... well in her words..   Missed Bloom County and Outland, gone too soon.  But Garfield is still going strong.  "Met"  Bill Davis, Garfield creator at a book signing when book 2 came out as he had a signing party at bookstore in Muncie in "The Village" on the edge of Ball State University campus.  

I had a Garfeld book first printing.  I brought in a bag with receipt.  Jim happily signed both.  And commented where'd you get this?  Picked it up at the Ball State Bookstore and couldn't put it down I kept laughing so hard.. Probably almost until I cried.  . So I had to have it..  Might have been on the sale table.  No more than $4.95.  Naturally I got volume 2.  And I think 2 of the large Garfield Christmas posters but not for me, Mid, Marg and Skeeter a 30+ lb all white 

So why can't you have a cut and cuddly stuffed toy. Like Garfield.

It Occurred to me that thinking about that 

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 3

• Moderators
mach-1, on 08 Sept 2014 - 1:30 PM, said:

Boxx, on 08 Sept 2014 - 08:11 AM, said: Oh darn, I just realized that that I'm still in the house with the A/C running

You can't fool us,  the AC is used to keep the  McIntosh gear comfortable.  :D

Couldn't blame him for that, it's a good excuse.

• Like 2