Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sounds like the proper order to me Mark!

My bud bluesboy is happy about the Seahawks victory last night I'm sure.

Taking Jake to a large pool on Sunday that they close off to humans at the end of the season and let the dogs have it.  Hope he can at least dog paddle :mellow:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Hit the Dentist first thing, Foxy little tech worked me over, never spent an hour in the chair before, then had the Dentist grind down a little chip that comes with eating Cracker Jacks.

Then the Pub, and then another (mine) on the way home.

Good start to a Friday.

Chit, just got a call from my rice farmer bud....dam wonder where this day is gonig as if i dont know..... :ph34r:

• Like 3

• Moderators
Foxy little tech worked me over, never spent an hour in the chair before

If she really worked you over for an hour we need the name of that dentist. :D And I have always hated going to the dentist, not any more. :emotion-19:

• Like 2

Good evening Chuck -- mentioned you earlier during a phone conversation with a buddy a mine.  He lives in Charlotte…told him that i had a friend in Wilmington.  Think he said it was two hours away???

Closer to 4 hours Steve.  I think Winchester lives in Charlotte.

Hope all is well with you!

• Like 1

Why is this thread 143 pages (2,854 posts) long?

I'm lazy, and I don't really want to read 142 pages to find out. 

The original post was:

"My morning routine has me enjoying a cup or two of non GMO, environmentally friendly, green, expensive, co-op purchased, coffee while reading the latest in the cable debate now on page 19 in one thread and a "hot topic" in two others.

Pursuing Cal's thread that wandered a bit and ended up in a discussion of coffee I would like to pick the brain of the serious coffee drinkers here and get some suggestions, tips, and advice.
Here are the particulars. I usually do not grind my own beans. I drink two cups in the morning....that's it. Expensive to me is more than $10 a pound. I am not particularly loyal to any brand or purveyor. I have a Keurig but routinely use a Mr. Coffee. I guess among serious coffee drinkers, to use an audio comparison, I am in the boom box stage.
So what would be a step up?"

I thought Carl's advice was sound, and as with most threads here, they fizzle once good advice is given. Not this thread. It has taken on a life of it's own, and I want to know why???

Male-emoticon-confused-face-tee_design.p
  • Like 3

Well mustang guy I'm not really sure but I guess it's just a comfortable place to come put your boots up on the table, kick back and tell us what's on your mind.  Several of us are retired so its a place to chew the fat and compare notes without a specific frame work.  Talk about your wife, your kids, your dog, the job, your girlfriend, your 401K, what neighbor doesn't like your music, how mean your parole officer is, your solution for ISIS, what you had for breakfast, whatever you are feeling at the time. 

Everyone is welcome, little bickering, and worthless but free advice just for the asking,  Additionally we hand out "likes" very liberally. 

Don't be a stranger,

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

Playing hookie from work today so :emotion-29: :emotion-29: :emotion-29::emotion-44::emotion-22:

Tomorrow I will be hard at it though... :smile:

Never liked to work weekends and due to my insistence on not working weekends, I ended up changing the culture at the local place I was working. No wonder I had a couple of friends back then.

Alas, justice caught up with me and only work weekends now.

Oh well!

• Like 3

• Moderators
billybob, on 06 Sept 2014 - 2:14 PM, said:

Boxx, on 06 Sept 2014 - 2:12 PM, said:

Tarheel, on 06 Sept 2014 - 1:28 PM, said: worthless but free advice just for the asking
  :o

No, not worthless... B)

And most of the time you don't even need to ask. :o

• Like 4