Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I don't drive fast...  but, I don't stop. Fuel, nap and coffee.

Last cross-country trip, I stopped for a meal.

Was near Shreveport and I wanted real  food. Not McD or that crap.  Took me a while to find a restaurant..  And they were closed.  As I was leaving, I saw a kid poke his face from around back of the place.  Walk around back, see a big as smoker and no people. So, I knock on the back door. A guy answers and tells me they are done serving until dinner. 

I conned them into setting a place for me. So, I had leftovers.  while they cleaned and reset for dinner.  I finished my meal and they gave me a big ol' piece of cake and a giant glass of sweet tea to go on.  Paid for the meal, gave a $20 tip and told them not to argue ... "The customer is always right"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's been raining here for 2 days, 1.5 inches so far. I wish the west coast and the wild fires could get so relief.....they need it.

14 days in a row.  Flooding on the Outer Banks and Elizabeth City.  Flash flood warnings here😓

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yikes, Love the Outer Banks but the last time I was there was when the lighthouse was where it belonged.

Been to Wilmington since a couple of times though. First time was when the USS NC came to town. Our phones give us that flash flood imminent warning all the time.

Problem is google or somebody does not realize my neighborhood WON'T FLOOD unless that mountain on LaPalma falls into the Atlantic and the big wave goes all the way to Mt Mitchell !

It's all downhill from here N,S,E & W.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

it better git over that before I get there.... I'll be in NC from Sept 15 -21.

Wife is back to work today. First day jitters... Overslept. Kitten got loose outside. Couldn't find her glasses. Notices an idiot light 5 mile from the house, in a very marginal cell phone area ... Did I mention referring to this place as radio free AZ?  Had to go find her ... to see that the idiot light is a low tire. Not flat... just low a few... She thought the icon meant coolant...

Back home. Have another cuppa and now cleaning an oriental rug. This is where being able to hear the stereo over the shop vac comes in... lol.

yeah, I have cleaned furniture and carpet professionally, too.

• Like 4

this trip has been in the works for a year...

how much you wanna bet there is a hurricane for us? lol

I have a weird pride in having been thru a lot of different natural disasters. Blizzard, drought, tornado, tsunami and hurricane. Don't care for a repeat performance of hurricane. I had a front row seat for Hurricane Iniki. Once is 'nuff.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Just home from work. Out of the shower... 

Now it's time for .. one of my favourite things to do...

Have some @#%&#@ coffee ...

"@#%&#@ coffee"

is that a new brand/variety, Dirtmudd

I haven't seen that yet. Doesn't sound very good from the description.

When wife got home from her trip, one of the first things she wanted was a cup of Arivaca coffee.  She's not a cafecero, but does appreciate better coffee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone....early for me since I am up to 4am most nights. Just enjoying a new to me Corning Percolator. On advice of a Klipsch Owners Facebook member I picked up a nice Corning electric percolator and after all these years of trials for the best cup of coffee, this may be the best. I just ground myself some Hazelnut coffee for this morning and it is delicious. www.teaman.etsy.com has the best coffees and teas....although I may be a little biased since that is my shop....lol

Anyways, wishing everyone a great day!

Tim

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mornin' all

Think I'm off to a quiet/er AM than yesterday. Got the wife off to work w/o a hitch.

I'm not too fond of the flavored coffees I have tried. They were like perfume ... Smell good. Tastes awful. I drink my coffee straight... No milk/cream or sugar.  I know that make a diff. Same as eating cocoa and expecting chocolate.

Wife has to go to Tucson today. DOT drug test. She's the substitute bus driver, too

I had "sub" but, knowing you folks, someone woulda taken it to submarine.... this time of year may apply. We have a lot of water crossings to deal with in the summer...

• Like 4

Yeah, I can't do the fruit flavored coffees outside of Banana, which is one of my favorites. Hazelnut was what I decided on today since my wife wanted that. There are a ton of coffee flavorings on the market and lots of flavored coffees....most of which taste pretty bad.

• Like 4

I'm glad I'm not a perfectionist.  Been looking at the thread of the person tuning his LSII.... Getting anxious to hear my Scalas . They're '77 model year. Crites upgrades.Should be good for a while. I am anticipating a quantum leap above what I am currently listening to. R15Ms with a small sub. lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I'm glad I'm not a perfectionist.  Been looking at the thread of the person tuning his LSII.... Getting anxious to hear my Scalas . They're '77 model year. Crites upgrades.Should be good for a while. I am anticipating a quantum leap above what I am currently listening to. R15Ms with a small sub. lol

Keep the sub.

• Like 3

We are far from coffee sophisticates, we use our Technivorm Moccamaster to brew the first pot of the day and the coffee we’ve been using for years is Seattle’s Best Portside Blend #3. If we don’t brew a second pot, we’ll finish off our coffee day with our Keurig. For K-Cups we’ve settled in with The Original Donut Shop Regular, Community Coffee Breakfast Blend, Newman’s Own Organics, and Starbucks Pike Place Roast; all are Medium Roasts. In all cases, we use the strongest setting to brew our coffee.

I'm probably good for 3-4 more cups today! :emotion-44:

• Like 4

lol

My SIL calls our  Olds "the boat".  It is proven. Been thru water deep enough to make me pucker up. But that not why she call it that. It big. She makes fun of it... That might bite her in the butt. It's more reliable than her car and she may very well end up with it. It's getting to the point where it might start appreciating in value... but this one won't.

When the BorderPatrol back away from it at the checkpoint for fear of falling debris ... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

image.png.5566bc5f249475352122b75bd9fd2259.png

Laughing at the picture, not the situation. Hopefully you aren't really getting flooding. We are finally getting rain up in mid Michigan after a couple of dry weeks. Now we have the threat for bad weather moving in.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1