Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

42 minutes ago, teaman said:

Laughing at the picture, not the situation. Hopefully you aren't really getting flooding. We are finally getting rain up in mid Michigan after a couple of dry weeks. Now we have the threat for bad weather moving in.

Some water getting in houses in the beach communities.  Outer Banks area has a lot of flooding.  Just a soggy yard (still draining) for me.

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, mangofirst said:

I've heard tale that Black Rifle Coffee is good. Thoughts? Opinions?

Not too sure, my brother got some recently and likes it.

The stuff he makes in his aeropress makes me leave his house early every day when I'm there and go to the Hardees to get my fix.

Might be a coffee snob, not really sure.

I just like it to taste good without modification!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Some water getting in houses in the beach communities.  Outer Banks area has a lot of flooding.  Just a soggy yard (still draining) for me.

We've been getting hammered today, not lightning, not windy just .38 inches an hour since after lunch according to my weather underground station three blocks away.

We'll end up with 2" if it doesn't stop soon.

I'd like to send it out west too!

• Sad 4

I called  customer service to report my wife’s complaint that the brew is weak and wastes coffee.  BUNN sent, at no charge, two alternative “reduced flow” spray heads for our BXB.  Gotta love the customer service.  I’ll report back with the results.

The replacements are shown. These old eyes can’t discern any difference.  I’ll try both.  FYI, that Old English “D” is on Alan Trammell’s cap.

E2AA77CF-2B79-450E-BA75-996E6D2DF877.jpeg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

FYI, that Old English “D” is on Alan Trammell’s cap.

Trammell is a bit young for you, no?:P This might be more your speed. I used to caddy at Meadow Brook Country Club. I dragged Bill Freehan's clubs around for 18. Jim Northrup and another guy from the 1967 team was in the foursome along with the CClub member. Can't remember the 3rd Tigers name. Bill Freehan was a beast. Good tipper too. Actually he was a very nice guy. Lots of people hardly talk to the caddy, Bill was personal, friendly and an all around good guy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I called  customer service to report my wife’s complaint that the brew is weak and wastes coffee.  BUNN sent, at no charge, two alternative “reduced flow” spray heads for our BXB.  Gotta love the customer service.  I’ll report back with the results.

The replacements are shown. These old eyes can’t discern any difference.  I’ll try both.  FYI, that Old English “D” is on Alan Trammell’s cap.

Nice!  Let us know if it works out for you.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Hi DizRotus

those heads do look very similar... wonder how much diff there is in orifice size.

Yea it'll be about a minute or so more with the velocity brew and I won't go back to the original head myself, threw it out.

It was a disservice to coffee drinkers, unimaginable for Bunn to use that original piece! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

it looked good on paper....

after testing, they prolly found they weren't "all that" and sold off the units with them anyway. A few folks will like the "new" head and not ask for a replacement.

thought I was going to have the kid for a while this AM.Her mom came much earlier than expected .. and 2 hours later than she needed to be. They had an appt and she [momma] overslept. Oh well. I enjoy playing kid. The things that we take for granted .. she is just discovering. That makes it fun. And reminds me of all the little "miracles" that happen every day.

Wife gets the kids tomorrow. Looks like she has the whole school. K- 8. And the student to teacher ratio is still below national average.I think they have 25 kids this year. That is pretty normal number.  And there should be a second teacher. Usual split is K - 4 and 5 -8th.

I can't believe that the school hasn't become a victim of their success. This is a public school with a student to teacher ratio of 12:1. These kids are, basically, being tutored.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

E2AA77CF-2B79-450E-BA75-996E6D2DF877.jpeg

2 hours ago, rplace said:

Trammell is a bit young for you, no?:P This might be more your speed. I used to caddy at Meadow Brook Country Club. I dragged Bill Freehan's clubs around for 18. Jim Northrup and another guy from the 1967 team was in the foursome along with the CClub member. Can't remember the 3rd Tigers name. Bill Freehan was a beast. Good tipper too. Actually he was a very nice guy. Lots of people hardly talk to the caddy, Bill was personal, friendly and an all around good guy.

D-E-E-T-R-O-I-T:)

I used to deliver papers for the Free Press in the wee early morning hours when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Detroit is a nice place to be----from.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, babadono said:

D-E-E-T-R-O-I-T:)

I used to deliver papers for the Free Press in the wee early morning hours when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Detroit is a nice place to be----from.

From, so very correct.

I uses to sell the earliest edition of the next days Free Press at both DRC and Northville Downs race tracks. Parked and got in for free to the track around the 4th/5th race, picked up the papers when the huge truck dove up and dropped off bundles. Just a wooden booth with a pile of papers stacked up. I sat there and collected, I think, fifteen-cents for every paper. Did my high school geometry and algebra homework till the last race. Then I had to return all the unsold papers and produce a dime for every sold paper. I got to keep the difference (a whopping Nickle). Though it could have been a quarter and I got a dime per paper. No matter I made way more betting the horses than I ever did selling papers....even though I was not old enough to bet. The crusty dudes at the betting window never even asked my age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Page 1987......we must be coming up on some of you youngsters birth year😉

One more page and it will be the year I got out of the Navy! Man, that seems like a lifetime ago now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1