Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

34 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My brother leaves for Myrtle Beach Monday....

Suggest he pays close attention the next couple of days :(  Hopefully it will stay clear of the Carolina's ... jeez; 48 hrs ago it was aiming for "us" in Tampa Bay ... 

lg_aatrack.jpg

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

only bought a half gallon of Bourbon.....priorities you know.

"only" is the operative word.   what are you going to do for during and after the storm?

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/tucson-vintage-pair-of-klipsch-cornwall/6968618339.html

feel like I should be making a run to Tucson. They take more floor space than the LS. That 25 and 1/4 is critical. It is pushing the ceiling and a touch too big to lay them on their backs.  With my legs, I get about 48in of cargo space.  Had to scoot the chair forward for that.  I could figure a way. Would take some jockeying around... and then maybe they still won't fit.   I should jump on them and am trying to talk myself out of it.

I could try to talk the wife into driving. She a foot shorter than me.  Her concern with a car is reaching the pedals. I can't even attempt to get in the driver's chair w/o setting it back.

• Like 2

you’ve seen them ... right next to that expensive wine in the box. actually in my buddy Chuck’s defense, he could just be giving us the cumulative volume and not necessarily a half gallon bottle. 

still ... everyone knows you drink Tequila during a hurricane.  As if I would know ... only been in one. Hurricane Gloria. Uncle Sam had sent me to Norfolk, VA and I was excited when i heard a hurricane was coming, since i’d never been in one before. I figured it would be loud and chaotic ... i was so disappointed when i slept through it. 

• Like 1

The storm went down to 941mb - it's gonna grow overnight. Running out of coffee takes a little longer now with just me partaking, and I found some pretty good stuff from further down south & way west of here. The Colombian's not the best I've had but it's nice and doesn't have the *bucks musty basement taste.

IMG-20190831-201006.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

Never met the LF, he could find something to do I would imagine.

we did that during Iniki.  Still need something to drink after....eventually

Water was precious. It was like Mexico for awhile after. the water wasn't safe... drink beer. If it was cold, that was a plus. Most the time, it wasn't.

woke to feeling weird.   I feel good this AM.   before attitude adjustment That is strange. Before coffee, even

About 65`. Sun is shining. We got a late night shower. Helluva light show. Hardly enough wet to mention... The lightning was spectacular.

was noticing that the $20,000 stereo system is not listed in the Tucson cl, again.  JBL monitors and a lot of fancy electronics, that are beyond my comprehension.... that is a short putt, though. All high end stuff, for sure.

I'm shopping for an upgrade to my "system" in the doghouse.  This is the same that was upgraded to LaScalas and the H/K630.  Really looking for bookself and, of course, am seeing all manner of nice floor. CW, Heresy and some tall ones, too.

@JohnJ

that is an old joke around here

Como frijoles, tennis shoe?

translation

How you bean [been], keds [kids]?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1