Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@Tarheel METV is on here every evening too!  lol  Something I can relate to.  Raining here today w/a high of 59.  Hit the yard w/some weed n feed last Friday and it started raining Sunday.  Think it's supposed to clear up for the wkend.  Grass has grown at least an inch.  Oh well...  Job security   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

@Tarheel METV is on here every evening too!  lol  Something I can relate to.  Raining here today w/a high of 59.  Hit the yard w/some weed n feed last Friday and it started raining Sunday.  Think it's supposed to clear up for the wkend.  Grass has grown at least an inch.  Oh well...  Job security   :)

Man.....the AGS has helped me hold on during quarantine.  Watch 2 episodes at 4 on our channel 4 then switch over to TV Land and watch a few more episodes. 

And Carl is right again.  Aunt Bea had the reputation of being a PIA to work with.

And to be even more explicit.....I have aged much better than Opie.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

Wait what? Taco Bell smells bad, Del Taco smells good?

most definitely.  I taste tested both right after each other. got del taco on the way to work, ate and was still hungry and pulled into a taco bell.  a world of difference -- del taco won by a mile. a lot more flavor. 

if i could have all the money that i’ve spent there since 1970 back, i’d be eating at the Ritz Carlton everyday. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

You can almost eat at taco bell if your a vegetarian, almost.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/taco-bell-meat_n_813864

Taco Bell’s beef has come under fire, but if only 36 percent of the “beef” is actually beef by volume, what’s the rest made of?

Ranging from cocoa power to terms as generic as “spices,” the other 64 percent is made up of a wide range of fillers, extenders and preservatives.

Can this be called beef at all? The Alabama law firm bringing the suit against the chain doesn’t think so.

Taco Bell Beef Ingredients:

1. Water
  2. Isolated oat product
  3. Salt
  4. Chili pepper
  5. Onion powder
  6. Tomato powder
  7. Oats (wheat)
  8. Soy lecithin
  9. Sugar
  10. Spices
  11. Maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose)
  12. Soybean oil (anti-dusting agent)
  13. Garlic powder
  14. Autolyzed yeast extract
  15. Citric acid, caramel color
  16. Cocoa powder
  17. Silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent)
  18. Natural flavors
  19. Yeast
  20. Modified corn starch
  21. Natural smoke flavor
  22. Salt
  23. Sodium phosphate
  24. Less than 2% of beef broth
  25. Potassium phosphate
  26. Potassium lactate

• Thanks 1

@dtel

90s in Fl and I opened my burrito supreme to put the hot sauce in...

and I freakin' took it up to that gal and said uh unhh, make it look like the picture up there or give me my money back.

They made it as heavy as the pic and it was good. That lunchtime crowd was cracking up and I heard that phrase every time we went back there after that.

About ten years ago back here I opened it up to put the sauce on and it was slop....

Absolutely nothing recognizable inside.

Asked the gal if they put the stuff in a blender and then squirt it in the proper tortilla and she said yes.

Got my money back and left my cola on the counter.

Taco Hell.

NEVER AGAIN!

After every concert in the 70s and 80s we would go to it when they still had the big charcoal looking fire bowl out front with the gas flames.

They stayed open until 3am and later sometimes, and still made the bell beefer!

Good thing about signs in mexico city telling them to move to Clt is that we have good tacos everywhere now not just at Qdoba.

• Haha 2