Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

Working up to human... 2 cups down...

Fooking cool this AM, again.  Doesn't feel as cool as yesterday. It was 42` [yesterday] according to accuweather... No bite in the air this AM

I raked [more] dead weeds. Wife had a busy day ... especially for not having the kids... though she maintains adults are much more difficult. Came home with a big box of food/grocery items.

"I HAD to take them, Bill".

there is a church in GreenValley that has taken the school as a pet project. They made boxes for everyone at the school. Starting with the kids. In these tense times, it is really nice to see people doing some good things. There was a murmur from the parents, "It's a blessing"...

No sooner than we got the car unloaded, SIL calls... The "X factor" has been quiet for a while... She is the flying monkey wrench you hear about getting thrown into the works... She was in a complete tizzy over a problem with her bank card. Self-inflicted...

then one of the local 'kids" came by, asking if we had a fax or copy machine. No... sorry. We did a work around. Wife has a tablet. It takes pictures. So, she did that and e-mailed....

Wife didn't get to sit down until 8PM.

Oh hey!

We got our "stimulus check/s"....  We were issued a paper check.  No idea why ... but, we got ours. I'll never see mine. Happy b'day, wife. I just hope she doesn't blow it all paying bills. She rarely buys self-indulgent stuff... hope she breaks form

• Like 3

Alright @grasshopper

I've had my two mugs and now finally sat down for twenty minutes. Once my feet hit the floor and then I get out of the can five minutes later it is game on. And I do mean that each and every thing that occurs requires me to go from one end to the house to the other. Take care of dirty this, then clean that... washed hands ten times already. (Whew smiley).

You doing something nice for her today? I'm sure you are, that you're old enough to know that if it isn't personal it doesn't count! Even those 1200 buckeroos need a "Love Ya Baby" (unlike those Telly pics) unless you just want to spend the next couple of days in the "doghouse"^_^

• Like 3

Well it has historically been more than that for me!

Other things mentioned are kind of like the understood subject or the common denominator or bare minimum.

Least that's how it was explained to me!

• Haha 2

... and folks wonder why they never see me.

they never saw when I was single, either. I worked sun up to sundown. They knew I was alive by the flowers and garden.[I had some soil to work with there. My friends tease me about growing in a soil-less medium here].. ... and loud music

.... I guess I am not a very social person... I like people, but don't seek them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rockhound said:

Anyone got a recommendation for Kona Coffee in K-Cup form? Many years ago while visiting the Big Island the resort I stayed in served "Kona" coffee and it was delightful. I have no clue which grower it was.

https://www.konamountaincoffee.com/

*Sorry!

Last time I ordered six months ago there were k-cups in the drop down for every one I looked at.

Edited by JohnJ

43 minutes ago, rockhound said:

So you have sampled this? I'll give them a shot!

Sampled?

I bought a few lbs from them once or twice a year for a decade now. Good coffee and really good people there! Never used a K but they still had them around November last year when I got some for holiday guests.

Honestly since that blight hit HI's coffee four? or so years ago it's not as good as it used to be. But my favorite company got run into the dirt in Jamaica by Bob Marley's descendants so I've had to look elsewhere for what I like. Private Reserve is what I usually get and the one in the platinum bag that is 1/4 dark 3/4 med roast I like too. Haven't bought their peaberry since the taste changed a little. Tried other brands from amazon that shared that same new taste since then too. Had an "E" from them when I just saw your response:

Get a Free Surprise 2oz 100% Kona when you purchase 3lbs of coffee. Free Shipping is also included with this offer(to one U.S. Address).

Starting today and ending on Monday, May 25th!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

We got our "stimulus check/s"....  We were issued a paper check.  No idea why .

Maby because they was worried about needing to pump the internet that far out in the desert ? Never got it yet, but it;s like a bonus, if it comes it comes.

Happy b'day, wife.

Well tonight you need to tell her, I heard you got stimulated today, still working ? :lol:

I just hope she doesn't blow it all paying bills. She rarely buys self-indulgent stuff... hope she breaks form

Tell her to do something for herself, ask her why not what are you waiting for when you get old ? Be prepared, no telling what she will think about that.  

• Haha 2

can't say I will notice....

take that back

I'm sure there will be bikers thru town.  We will hear them . .  Seemed a little odd seeing them parked in front of the church last week. 

There are some "trees".  They were shading up. 

Bar is "open", sorta.  In a limited fashion  There are 2 or 3 tables on the patio. No hanging at the bar. Cuts the regulars out.

Boy said the ranch is taking guests. Not many at a time... small groups.. families

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RANDYH said:

OK, ok....I was just wonderin' if'n I was too UI to not have met you.

And yea 100 shakes on 100+ martinis does make for cold hands......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

OK, ok....I was just wonderin' if'n I was too UI to not have met you.

And yea 100 shakes on 100+ martinis does make for cold hands......

but why does he have a star on his badge?  Was Carl a good boy that day?

7 hours ago, rockhound said:

Anyone got a recommendation for Kona Coffee in K-Cup form? Many years ago while visiting the Big Island the resort I stayed in served "Kona" coffee and it was delightful. I have no clue which grower it was.

here below   , exceptional quality  -,but you have to add your coffee  in a refillable  k Cupfor link 1 , link 2 offers  k-Cups as well

https://konacoffeepurveyors.com/   

https://www.hawaiicoffeecompany.com/brand/royal-kona-coffee?sscid=51k4_n92fo