Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Agree with you 1000% there. If you want to snuff cravings short term get Chantix, it does it with biochemistry.

Don't get anywhere nicotine in any form if you have been off for at least 3 days. Not patch, not vape, not dip/snuss, and for sure don't fool yourself into thinking (well if I just smoke a cigar that won't count). 

Drinking, talking on phone, driving, after meals, coffee will be the big triggers. Work around those, Avoid alcohol first few weeks, buy a new car you don't want to smell, etc. If you alter the behavior ahead of time, like a 10 minute walk after every meal, it's easy to break those, and it's 100x easier if you are on Chantix for 3 to 6 months after quit date.

Travis

Disagree with you 1000%.  Vape!  Cheap and easy. Doesn't make you, your car or clothes stink. No more rattle cough.

No side effects like- never sleep again or thoughts of suicide (Chantix-"Wellbutrin")

50 yrs of tobacco habit completely  beat by Vape 12 years ago. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, NADman said:

No more rattle cough.

i've never vaped, but have heard that it makes you cough hard. Have seen people vape pot and they often can't hold the smoke in long due to a cough. 

are talking about a cough when you're NOT currently smoking?

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

i've never vaped, but have heard that it makes you cough hard. Have seen people vape pot and they often can't hold the smoke in long due to a cough. 

Vaping pot is a completely different animal.  I quit pot years ago, and all the other 'fun' stuff. Well almost. There was a beer sale last month. $7 bucks off a 15 pack.

So due the Covid and distancing stuff I got 15-15 packs.

IMG_1311.JPG

• Like 1

can't tell what kind of beer that is ... I just picked up a case of Molson Canadian.  Been drinking Modelo; but I prefer Molson. Back in the day, I remember Molson Golden -- probably the same stuff just a different name.  For a few decades it was Moosehead; but Molson won out eventually. Haven't had any Labatt's for a long time, would be willing to try that again as I think it was okay if I remember correctly.

41 minutes ago, NADman said:

Vaping pot is a completely different animal.  I quit pot years ago, and all the other 'fun' stuff. Well almost. There was a beer sale last month. $7 bucks off a 15 pack.

So due the Covid and distancing stuff I got 15-15 packs.

IMG_1311.JPG

Did you already resupply...

I already went through 25 + lbs of coffee .

Glad that I don't do drink beer or smoke...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I used to free dive in HI... That will keep ya honest

I have to agree to a certain extent.

When vaping pot [not e-cig vape with the pods. I draw a distinction between that and vaping actual plant matter] With a vape you are not getting all of the tars produced by burning.... however

the way you hit a vape causes you to inhale much deeper. You don't puff on it like a cigar, pipe cigarette. It's a trade off.

I chuckle when I hear the list of possible side effects of chantix.... suicidal inclinations and feeling unwell...

sounds like withdrawl to me.

Another blustery warm day. Giving the firefighters hell. I see the BighornFire made the news. Only because it's near a city and there have been some evacs to an abundance of caution.

Our rain is coming. The big radar pic shows moisture moving east to west across the gulf...NewMexico is getting some rain and it's creeping this way. With some luck it will get here. Doesn't always.

• Like 2

I'm surprised I didn't die at an early age from second hand smoke. My mom smoked Winstons, often lighting the next cig from the previous one. While in the fifth grade my grandmother (mom's mom) came to live with us after her husband died in a car accident. She smoked Pall Malls, the same way. She was only about 85-90 pounds  started coughing up blood... the doctoc said quit or you will die soon. She didn't, and had a stroke about six months later. Dad smoked a pipe or cigar on occasion, but not often.

Maybe that is why I played outside so much 🤔

• Like 2

we played out side because the house wasn't that big and there were 4 of us kids. We didn't have computers or radio or stereo.

We had bicycles, sleds, balls and bats. Used the school grounds to play on.... before they turned them into correctional institutions...

I will terminate the rant before I get much deeper....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I'm surprised I didn't die at an early age from second hand smoke. My mom smoked Winstons, often lighting the next cig from the previous one. While in the fifth grade my grandmother (mom's mom) came to live with us after her husband died in a car accident. She smoked Pall Malls, the same way. She was only about 85-90 pounds  started coughing up blood... the doctoc said quit or you will die soon. She didn't, and had a stroke about six months later. Dad smoked a pipe or cigar on occasion, but not often.

Maybe that is why I played outside so much 🤔

both of my folks chain-smoked pall malls, even while we were all in the car on a long drive. 

Yeah, you guys are killing me.  Lot's of second hand smoke growing up, lots of watching the morning hack, finally the die way too young part.

Piano lessons too.  That's why I became a drummer.  I know they are both percussion, but one is way more fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah, you guys are killing me.  Lot's of second hand smoke growing up, lots of watching the morning hack, finally the die way too young part.

my Dad (my second Dad, he was my Uncle before he adopted me) died at age 45 from lung cancer. Surprisingly, neither he nor mom coughed a lot -- not that I can remember. Of the five of us kids, two smoke, two quit, and one never started. 

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

can't tell what kind of beer that is ... I just picked up a case of Molson Canadian.  Been drinking Modelo; but I prefer Molson. Back in the day, I remember Molson Golden -- probably the same stuff just a different name.  For a few decades it was Moosehead; but Molson won out eventually. Haven't had any Labatt's for a long time, would be willing to try that again as I think it was okay if I remember correctly.

it's SLEEMAN  beer , very popular in Canada ,  actually a great beer -----

• Thanks 2

On 6/12/2020 at 10:18 AM, dtel said:

Ok, will be back some time around the middle of next week, unless I post on the IPad ?

Arkansas, to visit friends and do some work on a 99 year old building, not much work, I am really tired. I can't get used to this being old thing, it wears me out.

I thought you might be at the airport this morning.  Evelyn and I stopped by around 9 am.  Didn't see anyone there. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Piano lessons too.  That's why I became a drummer.  I know they are both percussion, but one is way more fun.

My mom lived to 86... had her in a decent nursing home. Dad died from liver cancer and she was living by herself out in rural northwest Wisconsin. My brother, who was her caretaker by then, wanted the nursing home to take away her cigs. They said let her smoke if she wants. She was already in her 80s, going strong.  They liked her, she was intelligent and was an active part of the facility.

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

207431_8c7d98a2f6e46b6fedab7ee76882355c.png?itok=Pzc3TpYU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1