Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sun came out yesterday and the yard grew another inch or so at least. A week of rain after I put out my mix of weed & feed & bug kill and the yard is pretty high. It shot up big time after the first couple of days. So... turn the hollys back into 5 ft orbs, rake up sticks from the wind & rain, cut the grass. Probably clean the bathroom too it's been since last month. 32 oz got brewed earlier today.

Uncle is coming tomorrow at noon to get one of the tiger oak antiques that stays in mom's clan. Gotta take that wavy glass door off of the secretary, wrap it and put in the cab. He's got a mattress, blankets, tarps and rope. On the phone walking around talking and doing stuff I've got one room already that my voice echoes in now. That's weird to me after being here off and on since `65.

Hope voting doesn't take longer than four hours tomorrow, plan to get their at 7:30 to get in line. In the past early voting got harder closer to that Tues in Nov here. Imagine things will be worse with all the over-reacting this year, and I don't mean a mask and six feet apart!

Employees at the usps yesterday were conspicuously NOT wearing masks, socks, headbands, underwear or anything over their faces. Every customer was! Pre-labeled boxes were stacked halfway to the 10-12 foot ceiling in there. Enough to fill an amazon prime M-B van. After one day off? 

The things that fly through my head early on. Like an outline that I hone before I do the S's.

Have a good day y'all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Another sunny and warm day. Bake the ground a wee bit harder. Can't complain about record high temps.. They're down to 100`, so it's not so bad with our record heat for the day [again]...

my day is already mapped out.

11 o'clock Dr appt. It will be a 4hr round trip for a half hour visit.

Boy had to drive the Olds to work yesterday. That car is near as old as he is. Gets to drive it again today. It has a lot of little quirks, but, it is reliable.

His car has 2 worn tires that hold air and one worn tire that doesn't. Tires had to be ordered.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Admit it, you think she's hot.

I thought she was in her early 70s, but not 79. She was probably hot 35 years ago!

12 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

On a Saturday night after a few drinks..........

Carl's drinks? 

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's hilarious.....

• Haha 4

would she be considered a cougar if the guy is 60?

When I first started working at the bowling alley [age 35], I found some of the older ladies quite attractive. ... and was invited to dinner with a few... Of course I accepted. You can hardly say No.Ya just don't do that.

what can I say? I like the ladies

• Like 3
  • Haha 2